• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 1,257 Views, 39 Comments

.hack//Secrets of Equestria - Hallowedsoul



Three friends are pulled from The World and dropped into Equestria to combat a threat unlike anything they've ever faced before.

  • ...
2
 39
 1,257

Prologue: "Sigma: Unusual Ghostly Remnant”

Prologue
“Sigma: Unusual Ghostly Remnant”

It had taken so long, years of study and research into interdimensional summons, but it was worth it in the end. The large golden ring spun gracefully in place, the magical blue field stabilized and active; it was the masterpiece of Grim Tutor’s life.

However… it was also only step one, a tiny ripple serving as a prelude for the great wave to come.

He and his followers charged their horns in preparation for the final part of the summons, which was to call out for their leader. And so they did, speaking the name of the one they believed would purify their world of those who have held it back for so long.

At first, there was no change in the portal as it continued to spin in place. They waited a few more minutes, but still nothing, and a few of the unicorns present began to stamp their hooves in impatience. Finally one of them spoke up.

“Your spell has failed, Tutor! She does not answer us!” He snapped furiously, but Grim Tutor ignored him, focusing intently on the portal. He could feel the pressure building… she was coming.

“This has been the biggest waste of time in my life.” Another one spat “I’m leaving, any of you coming with me?”

There was a murmur of consensus and they began to shuffle towards the exit but they were stopped when the ambient blue glow of the portal suddenly turned blood red. When they turned back to look, they all saw the portal come to a slow stop facing them. And once more there was nothing except for the ominously glowing portal, which caused the gathered ponies to shuffle on their hooves nervously… all except for Grim Tutor, who began to smile beneath his hood.

And then a single large eye opened in the center of the portal and glared balefully at all of them, settling on Grim Tutor.

Where… am I?” A voice said from nowhere.

“Equestria, on the planet of Equis, Great One.” Grim Tutor replied, bowing deeply and the eye narrowed at him.

I do not recognize ‘Equestria’ or ‘Equis’ as zones nor do I recognize you as a creature within the system.” The voice said calmly “What are you, and how has this come to pass?

“I am a unicorn, Great One, and I have summoned you from across dimensions in the hope that you would aid me in the liberation of my home from those who would bring it to ruin.”

The sole purpose of my existence was to raise the perfect AI, Aura.” The voice replied, though somewhat bitterly “Now that she has awoken, I have no further reason to exist.

“Then accept my cause as your own and you shall have reason to exist once more, Great One.” Grim Tutor replied calmly, raising his head and staring at the eye, which stared back at him thoughtfully.

Your proposal is… enticing.” The voice said “But my power runs low and I detect no viable source of energy… save for you.

“Then take what you need from us, for we are your willing servants.” The unicorn said, bowing once more.

“What?!” One of the other unicorns cries out in horror “Buck that, I’m not giving my energy to some demon from another world. I’m outta here!”

He turned and took one step before a stream of… something pierced him and he froze, a look of sheer terror on his face. The others watched in horror as the unicorn turned gray and fell to the ground, quite obviously dead.

Interesting… but I’m afraid I’m going to need… more.” The voice says and then a strange object appears in front of the eye before it shoots out more of the glowing streams.

The rest of the unicorns scream in terror and scramble to leave the room, but the streams hit with perfect accuracy and, one by one, the ponies turned gray and fell lifelessly to the ground, their very essence drained from them.

Save for one.

Grim Tutor raised his head and looked at the eye staring back at him. The eye considered him carefully for a moment before the voice spoke once more.

Let us walk together, you and I.” The voice tells him sweetly “Tell me; what is your name?

The unicorn reaches a hoof up and pushes the hood back from his head, revealing a pony with a bone white coat and inky black mane that fell across his muzzle as though he'd just stepped from a pool of water. He looked back with piercing blue eyes that, despite the heavy bags beneath them, glowed with intellect and cunning.

“Grim Tutor, Great One.” He says and bows his head once more “I am your ever-loyal servant. Your wish is my command.”

There is no need for such formality between us, dear Tutor.” The voice replies, giving a sweet laugh “You may call me… Morganna.

Author's Note:

Here we go, a new story idea!

For those of you curious, I have not forgotten about any of my other projects. I'm a huge fan of .hack and had this brilliant idea for a crossover so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: .hack and the .hack logo are the properties of Bandai, all rights reserved. This work of fiction is intended for entertainment purposes only and I will not profit in any way, shape or form.

Also, the chapter names are not locations the characters use, they're just chapter names. Now if you were to go on to the game and put them in...