• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 648 Views, 32 Comments

The Real Me - RinaRocker



Luna's suffering and pain has caused her to forget everything, and just focus on what went wrong, and when it went wrong. Maybe then she'll be able to fix all the problems.

  • ...
1
 32
 648

Suffering.

❤❤ The Real Me❤❤

A story by Rina Rocker

" 'Tia...? Does 'thou have a moment..?" Luna slowly walked in. Her hoofs apathetically patted against the ground, each step piercing the walls, and bouncing back. Princess Celestia, who was sipping a warm sweet tea, and reading a letter, had slowly tilted her head up, and smiled at her sister. Obviously seeing the pain and suffering in her eyes.

"Of course." She said, using her magic to levitate the cup and letter onto the table that rested in the middle of her room.
"Now..." She continued, getting comfortable. "What did you need to talk about?" She smiled slightly, and crossed her front-hooves.

"...I know it has been... Strange... Coming back..." Luna replied, and continued as she walked over to the balcony, and stared up into the night sky. Which felt all too familiar due to her upsetting past. "But..."

"But?" Celestia said, slowly walking, and meeting up with her sister.

"I can't help but feel as if i need to go back..." Luna's eyes closed, and her ears flopped. Luckily, with her eyes shut, she couldn't see the tears filling up in her sister's eyes. Celestia thought for a few seconds as her ears flopped on the side. But, quickly flew back up with a stern, and irritated face.

"There's nothing wrong with you, sister. You're just like everyone else, and me-"

"Did you and everyone else nearly destroy a world!? I think not!!" Luna snapped back. She saw the look on her sister's face. And shook her head in disbelief at what had just happened. "I.. I'm sorry..." She said.

"Luna..." Her sister said putting her hand on her shoulder. "I love you... And mother and father loved you-"

"They PREDICTED the evil coming to me! Why are 'thou so blind about reality!?" She said, as she flew off.

"Luna! Wait!" Celestia said. Afraid she was about to loose her sister again. She closed her eyes and whispered "Mother... Father... I wish you could aid me..." And trotted back into her room.

~~~~~~~~~~

She darted through the night sky. Feeling weaker every second. Flashes of memory came back to her as she landed on the ground. Hardly even making a sound. She looked up at the sky. Then around. All the animals were sound asleep. Practically shunning the night. The only beautiful sight was campers playing. It caused her to smile.

"Come on kids. It's getting to late. It's time to sleep." The mother said, rounding up her children. This sight made Luna feel unappreciated. She closed her eyes. And started glowing the opposite of the most beautiful colors in a evening sky. Pure black. She then saw an image of her and Celestia talking.

"Ah! It worked! This memory of a memory spell Cadence made really works. Now.. What does thou' past, mean see for us?" She saw herself. Around the age of 7. And Celestia, the age of 14.

" 'Tia!" She trotted up to Celestia, levitating a drawing "Look at what i drew for you!" Celestia just looked down, with one eye cocked.

"I have more attending matters at hand. Now please, go bug Cadence with your drawings." Luna sighed, and looked at the drawing of her and her sister in a harmony.

"Why wouldn't she listen...?" Luna mumbled to herself. As the spell wore off. It was daytime now. She sighed and started trotting toward the castle. Her head hung.

"Why did my sister not care about me...?" She kept trotting. Her head filling with doubt for her sisters love. Was everything she knew a lie? Was the stars in the beautiful night sky just a filler for what others craved most- the sun? Am i just paranoid about leaving her again? Her eyes widened as the thought popped into her head. She stopped and thought for a second. Then another. And another. As she thought. She remembered how much she cried when Celestia had sent her away. Her thoughts were broken as she bumped into Twilight. And bowed.

"Oh, Luna.." Twilight said. "You don't have to bow to me!" She smiled. Her smile quickly faded as she saw the tears in the princess's eyes. "What's wrong, Luna?!"

"Twilight... I need you to preform the memory of a memory spell for me... Please...!" She tried to hide her tears.

"Princess... You know how dangerous that can be... I care about you far too much to-"

"DO IT, OR 'SHALL I COURSE THEE' IN NIGHT FOR 10,000 YEARS!" She snapped. Twilight shook in fear. Luna felt her pupil's dilate from another color.

"..I can't..." She said, her voice shaking.

"...What's wrong with me..?" Luna whispered and ran toward the palace.

"Luna, please wait!!" Twilight screamed. She ran toward the palace, hoping to find answers in the most knowledge filled place: The library.

Luna looked around the library. Feeling a sharp pain in her head. She couldn't shake the feeling she was being controlled. She then found a book labeled "Nightmare Night" and pulled it out. She flipped through the pages, begging and pleading to find an answer to her grief. Then, there it said;

"It is believed that Nightmare Moon appeared after jealousy for her sister. Being shunned and alone, she allowed the dark power to slowly take over. Why was she so jealous? No one knows. Experts say-" She slammed the book back into the shelf. And burst out crying.

"I LOVED 'THY SISTER!!! WHY WOULD THEY SAY THIS!" Then a sharp pain happened again, as she remembered the image of Celestia turning away her picture. "W...Why...!?" She screamed at the top of her lungs, collapsing from crying. She fainted. And laid there.

Author's Note:

This is just a makeshift story. Anyone who has any suggestions on the future chapters, should really message me about it ^_^ (And i'm 13, so ideas would be GREAT XD And i REALLY WASN'T TRYING TO RHYME XD)