• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 1,600 Views, 26 Comments

Reality Hits you Hard - TheFIMguru



This is the tale of how a young man named Sebastian was forced into a dimension that was not his own by an unknown force.

  • ...
4
 26
 1,600

Chapter one: An Ordinary Day in an Ordinary World... Or not

Chapter one, An Ordinary Day in an Ordinary World… Or not…

Bliss...
Content...
Just floating in an open space...
No immediate cause for concern... A place where the mind can simply wander...
Oh look, there’s my brother and... Flames... So many flames...
Fire... So much destruction... Sheets of metal flying in all directions and...
Maniacal laughter... Soul-piercing red and yellow eyes... Laughter...
I’m falling... I’m falling... I’m falling...

“Oi wanker, get up!” My wake-up call from my loving brother right there...

I rolled over to embrace my scabby blanket and murmured a muffled “Bugger off” into my pillow, only to have the whole set torn away from me moments later.

“Come on, Dad wants you to get up and pack, you’ve already slept in too much”

‘Ah shit’, I thought, rolling over to greet the murky-pink wall of our run-down cabin. ‘I don’t wana get up yet... I’ma try and weasel out of this one.’

“Is it past noon yet?” I asked innocently.

“It’s eleven thirty”

“Huh, that means a good thirty more minutes in bed then” I thought, and began to formulate a cunning plan.

Phillip sighed and stalked across the dusty guest room of my parents’ new ‘house’ to complete a new personal goal. I realised what was about to happen too late.

Zzzzzsht!

“AAAARHG!” Philip had released one of the blinds from its holster, sending it sky-high again and the mid-day sun to shoot straight into my skull to wrestle with my brain. It won too, and left me powerless to fall to the floor and whimper in pain.

“Up” He said, dumping the blanket back on the broken bed “Now”

I finally decided it would be best to get up, not because Philip asked me to, but because the floor was freezing cold concrete..

“So, how much longer do we have before we have to get ready?”

“... You’re not ready yet?” I gave a quick shake of the head before attempting to find some clothing. “You idiot, Dad booked a two-thirty flight, so we’ll be setting off any minute now”

“Really? Shit.” I cursed as I found a shirt and put it on. “God damn, he could have at least booked an overnight flight, that way we wouldn’t be wasting a day traveling”

“Yeah, I thought that too. Ho hum, a holiday’s a holiday I suppose, quit complaining about it and get your act together” He said, jabbing me in the ribs and knocking me down to the floor again while I tried to pull on my trousers.

Once again, soft, tender face-flesh made contact with stone-cold flooring and a dozen more obscenities were spat out at my brothers expense.

Giving a quick wave and a mocking laugh, Philip took his leave and shuffled around the broken door to go about his business.

Once I had finally found enough fabric to expel the cold, I reached for the frayed towel on my coat-hanger and and grumbled about my abuse as I began to shamble my way down the creaky stairs to the bathroom for a quick shower and a shave.

*****

It didn’t take long for me to get ready after that, I packed two pairs of denim shorts, three shirts, a jacket and some shades in my clothes suitcase and the family’s toiletries in another before finally stepping outside the cabin to join my family at the car.

My parents had only just recently moved to this place, they used to own a great big triple storied semi-detached house in a quaint little village on the coast of North-Yorkshire that they raised us in, but since they retired and we moved out, they decided there was no point in maintaining such a large house anymore, and sold it to move off to an area of Northumberland bordering on Scotland.

The new house itself was a shit-hole, it was just a ramshackle little shack that was being sold off for next to nothing, but the view…

I turned to the new view and sighed a happy sigh. “I’ll never get tired of seeing that…” I said to myself.

To the right of me there was nothing but a giant moors full of deep maroon heather stretching off into the distance, gradually climbing its way up the side of a small mountain in the background, and to the left there was a stream that cascaded over the edge of a cliff just half a mile away, into the deep blue abyss that was the ocean.

I watched some absent-minded pigeons idly drift by on the breeze as I pulled on my baseball-boots. One of the very few things that truly made me happy was that view. Every time my brother and I would be bowled over when we came to say hi to the folks, their surroundings were absolutely stunning when it was nice outside, which trust me, wasn’t usual… Bloody English weather...

I bade the scenery goodbye and heaved my suitcases over to the awaiting Land-Rover to start the journey.

It only took us two hours before we reached the airport, and it didn’t even take ten minutes before we could board the plane. It was probably the nicest plane I had been on actually, we were travelling second class so the sides of the chairs were furnished and squeaky clean, there was a well-stocked refreshments trolley and I had a television showing some daft comedy about gangsters to keep me amused.

As the plane began to take off I decided to see what my family were up to. I looked over at my brother; his curly brown locks of hair were bouncing up and down as he furiously mashed the touch-screen of his Nintendo DS, I looked at mum; she was straightening out her flowery blouse as she read a book, I looked at dad… His glasses were askew and he was snoring his head off.

With that unsurprising development I decided to wander off to the back of the plane to use the lav, though unfortunately for me, there was someone already in there, so I was forced to wait for a minute.

In the time spent waiting, I decided to have a look through one of the circular windows at the miniature world below.

For the second time that day I was greeted with yet another stunning view. Down below me was the beautiful north coast of France littered by thousands of yachts and speedboats, so small that they appeared to be naught but dazzling streaks of colour skimming off the surface of a small pond reflecting the brilliant crystal-blue of the sky.

My awe-stricken frame of mind was suddenly shattered as the door to the toilet behind me was forcefully kicked open and the previous user made eye-contact with me.

“Uh… you might want to use the other one, give this one time to air out a bit…” He said giving me an apologetic grimace.

“…Nice” I muttered back, frowning at the very sudden call out from my blissful trance. The man seemed to be amused by my response and chuckled as he mosied on over to his seat back in the main corridor of the plane.

I frowned in his general direction once more as I went over to the opposite toilet and waited for the next occupant to relieve himself of his cargo, then jumped in and locked the door as soon as he came out.

As I unzipped my trousers and faced the dull grey plastic bowl of the toilet I noticed that there was a speaker behind my head playing some daft elevator music.

As I did my business I whistled to the oddly familiar tune and drummed the beat out on my crotch, when suddenly the plane jerked to the side, causing me to lose my aim and piss up the side of the wall, an act of shameful inadequacy that would torture me for decades to come.

What the hell is going on!? I thought as I reached for a wad of toilet-paper to mop up the spillage.

As I bent over my trousers slipped down around my ankles, greatly restricting my movement and forcing my to shuffle awkwardly across the cramped cubicle space.

After another series of violent shudders I finally managed to grab the loo-roll that was required and gave a short cry of victory as I gripped it in my fist, which immediately turned into a shocked cry of disgust as my head was slammed against the piss-stained wall by yet another dreadful shake of the aircraft's fuselage.

I was now utterly dazed and confused, draped across the toilet with my trousers laying abandoned on the floor, grimacing as the plane worsened my mood and began to make horrible groaning and screeching noises that only a metal structure can pull off.

I was terrified, I was so scared that I’m sure I would have wet myself if I hadn’t just sprayed the whole bloody cubicle, and was holding onto the U-bend of the plastic lavatory for dear life.

For the seventh time the airliner threw me violently into the wall, which was heavily damaged by now could no longer take the beating it was receiving. I shot straight through it and collided with a rather large man with a fantastic ginger beard who managed to catch me.

“Holy fucking shit, are you ok?” I had landed on him in an awkward fashion and was unable to speak due to a mouthful of man-boob.

Time seemed to stand still and all heads snapped towards the side of the plane as a colossal groan came from the right wing. Plates of aluminium were tearing themselves free and were crashing against the sides of the fuselage.

“Holy shit…” Someone near the front murmured as the plane rapidly discombobulated around us.

I looked over to my mum on the other side of the plane and she looked back at me. Panic stricken, she opened her mouth to speak…

And then the whole right wing came off.

‘Shit.’

The plane started to decline, spinning wildly out of control and the people who weren’t in their seats were thrown in all directions.

My eyes began to shoot around the room and my terrified and bewildered mind began to focus on one small situation at a time.

I watched as all mouths opened and gave a collective scream as chaos took over and made carnage of everything around.

I watched as the stewardess shot down the planes centre and smashed head-first into a large metal bar at the other end of the room, her jaw splintering through the front of her face.

I watched as a sandwich cart came hurtling towards my direction and wedged itself into the chest of the man that had just saved me, and I watched as his ribs caved inwards and blood splattered up the side of my neck and all over the already horrendously abused toilet cubicle.

The plane flipped in its constantly accelerating free-fall and II was thrown into the side of the plane, smashing my head against someone elses and began to hyperventilate as my visual and auditory senses were completely shattered. Everything was muffled and images began to blur into one.

I noticed the horribly disfigured body of the recently deceased stewardess drift idly past me and was immediately brought me back to my senses as the horrible grinding noise sounded once more.

The plane was being torn in half by the sheer scale of the forces applied to it, and I watched as a dark crack in the roof got bigger, and bigger, and bigger.

My eyes became as wide as dinner plates as I realised what would happen next, with so much oxygen being inside the plane and so little in the thin atmosphere outside, the laws of physics state that-

SCHHHHROP!

Yep.

The contents of the plane were all sucked outside by immeasurably large forces, screaming women and children, hollering men, and hundreds of miscellaneous large, painful objects to collide with.

I was outside the plane now. The shock of that little fact right there was so ridiculously difficult to comprehend that bits of my brain were beginning to shut down. I was screwed.

The force of the air whipping my face was making my eyes stream as I tried to look around me. There were corpses everywhere. Absolutely everywhere, it was an experience that will haunt my dreams for the rest of my life, my face contorted with horror as I watched all the dead and the live people all falling with me.

The wind was tearing at my face so much that each individual nerve felt like it was in a vice, the pain was almost impossible as I made that remaining thirty-thousand foot journey to the solid ground below.

I was now travelling so fast that I couldn’t breathe, the air was smashing down my windpipe and startling my respiratory system, forcing me to make a mid-air manoeuvre to make sure I was falling backwards.

I looked up just in time to watch as an enormous hand ascended into the clouds with a chuckle, and just before it disappeared it flickered and became a huge lion’s paw while the laugh changed tone.

The panic, the fear, the physical strain on my body, it was all killing me; my heart felt like it was going to explode, my limbs felt like they were going to decouple from my torso and my brain just simply wasn’t working as it should, I was very clearly dying.

I couldn’t do anything anymore, I just looked at the wreckage of the plane as it swirled around manically and swatted the majority of the objects and people in the air aside, letting the action send me hurtling off in a different direction.

As I faced the ground and my impending doom once more, morbid thoughts began to claw their way into my brain.

'Oh fuck… This is it… I’m really gonna die…'

I attempted to flatten myself out to reduce the rate I fell, but then… 'What’s the point?' I thought.

'If I do that it just means living off more borrowed time. More borrowed time living in perpetual fear.'

It was the end and I knew it. I began to cry.

I wept as I pulled my arms to my side and straightened myself out to fall head-first and speed towards my demise.

The G-forces was stupendously powerful, my shirt was tearing, my boxers were slipping off and my left shoe left me to collide with the face or another corpse with so much power the poor buggers head was nearly torn off.

With only approximately seven and a half thousand feet left to fall my concentration was brought back to the Earth, and I watched as the ocean and the massive expanse of green land came up to meet me.

It was coming too close too fast now, I was feeling the heat on my face, burning me up.

My vision was starting to change as I carried on falling downwards, colours started swimming around my head and the depressing thoughts resurfaced once more.

'Are my parents already dead? Is my brother dead too, or can they all see me plummeting towards my doom?'

For their sake I hoped they were dead. I hoped they were dead so that they didn’t have to live through what I had to, I hoped they were dead so that they didn't have to watch their son they had poured over twenty years of love into impact the ground.

I was tantalisingly close now, so close to the accursed end of the living hell I was experiencing I was almost excited.

The colours continued to swim around my head, more and more adding to the insanely vibrant spectrum before my eyes. It was just a half a mile before my imminent doom on the rocky land below before the colours became too much for me to process, it hurt my brain to process the images I was receiving.

I closed my eyes again in a futile attempt at trying to get them to leave.

This was it… Five… Four… Three… Two… One… I felt like I was being pulled through a plughole limb by limb. I had to look now. My last chance to see the world before I leave it for good.

All I could see was a kaleidoscope of seizure inducing colour swirling around my head, and then, finally… Ground.

Author's Note:

So... That happened XD

I didn't quite mean for my new fanfic to start this strong, but it seems to have worked out well. And besides, who doesn't enjoy some light gore and depression with their early morning coffee?

Thanks for all your time everybody, that's all for now. This is TheFIMguru signing off.