• Published 26th Aug 2013
  • 2,273 Views, 10 Comments

Mind Swap in Ponyville - PonyDragonSword



A mind swap between the mane 6 that causes them to see each other's point of views on life. When they go and see Celestia and sent to a secret bunker in the everfree, they get ponynapped and now they have to get back.

  • ...
0
 10
 2,273

The Spell

It was a wonderful morning in Ponyville, the sun was shining, birds were singing, and everything seemed to be just fine. For Twilight, everything was fine, she was doing one of the things she loved best, studying new spells. This time around, she found a levitation spell that after casting wouldn't require any more of the user's magic, but the spell only lasted for a few hours. So she decided to try it out on herself, seeing that it was a harmless spell.

As she studied the spell over and over, she memorized it enough that she felt confident that she could cast it now. Closing her eyes and concentrating, she cast the spell, taking less than she imagined and now she was hovering a few inches off the ground, she was so happy. She then tried to steer herself by angling her hooves backwards. She was gently pushed forward, and of course, the more angled her hooves were, the faster she went. Next experiment, moving up and down, which would be tricky considering she couldn't just angle her hooves like before. Then an idea popped into her head, why trying thinking up and down while focusing her powers on the new spell she had just cast. It didn't work, and being well prepared, she had another idea ready as a back up.

Sticking her tongue off to the side, she added more power to the spell, and she started to float up higher and higher. She then cut the connection and she then began to gently float down back to a couple inches above the ground. Pleased with herself, she thought what better way to show off this new spell to her friends than to go to them like this.

So, she went to her door and opened it up with her horn and off she went, moving really fast. Fast enough that it might have made Rainbow Dash actually try to keep up. Quickly coming upon her first stop, SugarCube Corner.

Once at SugarCube Corner, just before entering, she got a great idea and make it a surprise. she slowed herself down to a halt and carefully maneuvered herself through the door and to the counter where Mrs. Cake was putting in the today special, which was a new recipe they have been trying out, but they never actually told anypony what is was. It looked like a type of cake, a really good cake that upon sight made Twilight's stomach growl. As she approached the counter, Mrs. Cake looked up and gave a big smile and began by saying, "Morning Twilight, how may I help..." she trailed off.

"My, why deary you are hovering above the ground, how did you do that?" Mrs. Cake exclaimed.

"Well it was simple magic really, didn't require a lot of power and it last a few hours, I was going to show it to all of my friends, as a surprise at the library, can you please give a message to Pinkie to stop by the library at around lunch."

"Sure deary, but how are you going to tell the others without them knowing?"

"Oh, it will be rather easy, I have my ways." Twilight said with a wink.

"Okay then, I guess I will see you around then, oh I can't wait to hear how Pinkie is going to react to this, for that, why don't you have a slice of the cake that me and Mr. Cake have been working on."

"Well, okay, thanks for the cake, what kind of cake is it?"

"That is going to be a surprise when you take your first bite, see if you can guess."

"Well then, bye." Twilight said leaving with a slice of cake levitating in her grasp.

Next stop would be Fluttershy's cottage, after she dropped off her cake at the library into the fridge.

Once at Fluttershy's cottage, she took a look inside to see if anyone was home, and as she expected, she was away to tend to her animals out in forest. After double checking, she knocked on the door and Angel answered, Fluttershy's pet bunny. Looking somewhat annoyed, the bunny was tapping his foot quickly like he wanted to go back to bed. Twilight quickly asked if Angel could let Fluttershy know to come to the library for lunch. Angel rolled his eyes and nodded his head yes, and with one quick motion, shutting the door in Twilight's face. Checking her nose to make sure it didn't get smashed she then went after Sweet Apple Acres to give AppleBloom her message to give to AJ.

Zipping fast and being sure to not be seen by any of her friends, she quickly got to Sweet Apple Acres in no time. Once nearing the front side of the barn, she slowed down to a stop so as to take in her surroundings and make sure AJ was not around to see her. Thinking to herself, Twilight realized that she just had easily shut the spell off and went around telling her friends by walking without having the risk of ruining the surprise. Well, she didn't want to stop hovering and she now finally understood, well mostly, why Rainbow liked flying. She took another peek around and using another new spell she learned about a month ago, she took a quick heat detector spell to see as to who was in the barn she was next to and the house right off to the left of the barn from where Twilight was. The spell found no pony in the barn, and in the house was only Granny Smith in the kitchen and Apple Bloom setting the table. She can only guess that Applejack and Big Mac grabbed a quick breakfast to go collect some apples for the market. Wednesdays were always the days that Applejack went to the market to sell her family's delicious apple's. Twilight quickly took another scan and still no Applejack within the vicinity. She then hovered to the front door and knocked on the door. To her relief, Apple Bloom came to the door and after getting a quick glimpse at who was at the front door, her mouth just fell right open. Twilight chuckled a little and dove right on into the surprise she had for Applejack and their other friends at lunch time. Only take a quick moment to ask if Apple Bloom was getting all of this, Apple Bloom nodded, mouth still agape in shock. After finishing her explanation, Twilight then finished with "And don't tell Applejack what the surprise is, okay?"

"Alright Twi, I will tell her while I am on my way to school."

"Thank you so much Apple Bloom, oh and have a great day at school."

Ending on that note, Twilight then zipped away off to Rarity's boutique.

At the boutique, just after she completed scanning the shop to find only Sweetie Bell inside. She then heard a little humming coming from behind her. Twilight quickly turned around to shockingly find Rarity humming a tune to herself with Spike right behind her carrying a lot of bags, which she could only guess contained fabric and other clothing material that Rarity needed for her shop. Quickly finding a bush to hide in, she quickly zipped over and hid, and just in time too, Rarity had just barely stepped in front of her door and opening it up to let Spike in with her new materials.

Twilight needed either 1. A distraction to get Rarity outside while she talked to Sweetie Bell or 2. Time herself whereas the two sisters were on opposite floors so that way she could talk to Sweetie Bell without disturbing Rarity. She decided to wait out for a little bit for the latter option to have a chance, and to her luck, upstairs went Rarity to her room where she designed and make her clothes for her shop while Sweetie Bell came downstairs and grab her saddle bags. Twilight had forgot there for a second that Sweetie Bell had school. So she then finally came to a decision to wait till Sweetie Bell came outside and then talk to her. Just as she was finishing that thought, Sweetie Bell came outside and started walking. Just before Sweetie Bell got really far Twilight intercepted her and quickly dove into the same process as she did with Apple Bloom. Just as she finished her message, Sweetie Bell quickly darted back to the house and from Twilight could guess was going to give Rarity the message before she lost her chance.

Next stop, which would be the trickiest to get to and leave a message, Rainbow Dash's home up in the sky.

Just as she was just about to zip to it, she came up with the idea to just write the note herself and leave it at Rainbows door for when she woke up and decided to head out. Rainbow Dash always slept in around an hour or two after every other pony, unless of course necessary.

So, she quickly zipped back home, wrote the note and as quickly as she could, went to Rainbow's home and dropped the note off, making a quick escape before she got spotted by any pony from the ground. Finally resting at home as soon as she shut the library door behind her, she decided to cut the spell and end her wonderful hover time short. As soon as she did so, her legs wobbled and gave out from under her. Getting right back up on shaky legs, started to get blood flow once again to her legs and start walking. She admitted to herself that it now felt strange to be walking again on her legs instead of hovering. She had that same kind of feeling in her legs that said that she had been hovering for a long time. It still felt like she was hovering in the air, yet at the same time, she knew she was on her legs again walking.

Heading to the fridge realizing she still hadn't have breakfast yet, she opened it up and pulled out the cake from earlier, and taking a bite of it. Now understanding why it was unique compared to other cakes, and it tasted so good. It was an ice-cream cake and she enjoyed every last bite.

As lunch was approaching, Twilight began setting up a lunch for her and her friend's before the she would cast the spell and show it off to them. Just as she was making the last of the sandwiches, she heard a knock and quickly replied "The door is open, come on in."

In walked first to her surprise was Rainbow Dash, sweating and panting like she just flew all the way to one end of Equestria to the other and back to Ponyville. Quickly grabbing a glass of water offered it up to Rainbow Dash, who upon seeing the water immediately grabbed the glass and chugged it all down without taking a break to breath. Finally gaining control of her breathing, Twilight assumed she was ready to tell her what happened so she asked "What happened to you?"

Rainbow taking one last deep breath in, she then told Twilight "I was using a new training routine because my old one was getting too easy, so I changed it up and now I actually have to work hard to complete it."

"I guess that makes sense, but now you are all sweaty and can barely stay on your hooves, why don't you quickly grab a towel and get it wet with cold water to cool yourself down, then you can dry yourself off and sit at the table, I made us all lunch."

"Thanks Twilight, will do, just where are the towels?” Rainbow asked. “There should be one in the kitchen cupboard under the sink that you could use, I always have towels there just in case of spills,” Twilight replied.

"Alright, so what is this big surprise you have for us?" Rainbow asked as she started walking to the kitchen.

"You will just have to wait for the others to get here." responded Twilight as she went back to the sandwiches and placed them all on a plate while at the same time moving them to the table, expecting the others to show up within an hour or two. Sure enough, they all slowly began to show up within a half hour of Rainbow arriving. Once they were all gathered at the table eating sandwiches and having a good time talking, Twilight thought it was time to show them the new hovering spell she found. Getting everypony's attention, she finally announced, "As you all know, I have gathered you all here for a surprise that I think you would all love."

Fluttershy asked, "Is it a new spell?"

Twilight answered, "Yes it is, a really simple spell that will last for a few hours, and doesn't require any more magic from the user, unless of course, they pour more into the spell themselves willingly."

Rarity looking quite intrigued and asked, "Why, there are only a few spells that I know of that would last hours without the user needing to constantly keep power going into it, what is this spell."

Twilight liking the reaction she got from her friend decided to cast the spell, so stepping out her seat, she responded, "Let me show you."

With that, she starting casting the hovering spell on herself, feeling the same tingling sensation she had when she cast it on herself earlier, the spell finally finished. She was now hovering a few inches above the ground like before, hearing gasps as her friends saw her hover. Finally breaking from her initial shock, Applejack got up walked over to Twilight waving a hoof under her friends hooves. After the first swipe, Twilight hovered a couple inches above her friends hoof as she waved it underneath.

"My Twilight, I reckon that I want to see how this feels for myself." Applejack responded after getting over her initial shock

"So do I, it looks like fun." exclaimed Pinkie

Each one in turn, even Rainbow Dash, exclaimed with excitement that they would like to try. Feeling pleased with herself, Twilight canceled the spell on herself and asked for each of them to stand in a circle with her.

Finally with each one complying to the request stood around Twilight excited to hover like she did without any effort. Before casting the spell, Twilight warned, "Be careful when opening doors and other things that require hooves, because in order for you to hover, you have to keep your hooves aimed down and in order to change direction, you have to angle them."

"Yeah yeah, just get on with it, I want to be able to be in the air with literally no effort." exclaimed Rainbow with a hint of impatience.

Twilight, a little annoyed with her friends impatience, closed her eyes and took a deep breath in, remembering back on the spell and began to cast it. Just as she was about to finish casting the spell, Spike slammed the kitchen door open and surprised Twilight which caused her to lose her focus and thus altering the spell enough where her horn began to glow uncontrollably bright and just as sudden as the new found bright light appeared, it disappeared leaving 6 semiconscious ponies lying on the ground groaning in pain. Twilight blinking her eyes open reached a hoof up to rub her sore head, to find herself rubbing the same spot where her horn should be. Instantly awake and standing straight up, she looked around to see herself beginning to stand up. Then an even more shocking thing happened when herself opened her mouth and said "Twilight, how come it hurts so much, I thought you said it was simple spell." in Rainbow Dash's voice.

"Um, is that you Rainbow Dash?" Twilight questioned

"Of course it is me, what makes you think that it isn't..." the now Rainbow Dash-in-Twilight's body stopped, after looking up.

"Now Rainbow, don't panic, you will just cause much more trouble if you do." Twilight cautioned her friend remember what happens when a unicorn's emotions get out of control.

"Don't panic, Twilight, I am talking to myself, why are you telling me not to panic?" Rainbow inquired quickly becoming more panicked than before realizing that Twilight was in her body.

"Because you are in my body and if you panic, you will cast random spells that will make matters much worse." Twilight cautioned Rainbow, trying to add a soothing tone to her voice.

"Okay then, how do you expect me to calm down if you are in my body, I want my wings back." Rainbow exclaimed as her panic rose even higher.

Just as she finished that sentence, Applejack got up groaning, but got up nonetheless. Barely making out and understanding what was going on, she then said in Rarity's voice, "Darling, listen to Twilight, even though this is freaking me out as much as you, you have to calm down."

All Twilight and Rainbow could do was stare at her, for what they heard was something that was even more unexpected than Twilight and Rainbow swapping bodies. Looking at both of them the now Rarity-in-Applejack's body looked back and forth between the two asking, "Why are you both staring at me like that?"

"Um, is that you Rarity?" Twilight asked not willing to accept what had just happened.

Giving her a look as if to say "That is the dumbest question I have ever heard." Rarity responded, "Why of course it is me, who else do you expect?"

"I don't know, um Applejack." Rainbow responded with a hint of worry.

"Why would you expect Applejack, I am standing right in front of you." Rarity responded getting a little irritated.

"Rarity, please stay calm for this, but you are in Applejack's body and from what I can tell, my guess she is in yours." Twilight responded hoping desperately that Rarity would not faint, she needed all the help she could get.

"WHAT?!" Rarity screamed, frantically looking at herself and realizing herself, that she had no horn, and the cutie mark of three apples, not three diamonds. Rarity's eyes began to swirl and she started wobble from the shock and fainted. Which is exactly what Twilight didn't want.

Grabbing a glass of water from the table, Rainbow quickly dumped it all over Rarity, who then instantly stood up dripping wet and giving Rainbow a glare.

"Alright, we need to stay calm now and just focus, no distractions if we ever want any hope of getting back to our original bodies." Twilight said fixing both Rainbow and Rarity a glare to show that she meant it.

They slowly repeated the process, varying for each pony that got up, and they were now all standing in the same circle from before. "So let me get this straight," Applejack began, "we are all trapped in each other's bodies, like I am in Rarity's body, and Fluttershy in Pinkie's, and Pinkie is Fluttershy's, am I correct?"

"Yes, you are Applejack, and from my examination, when Spike startled me from opening the door must have cause me to accidentally lose control of the spell for a second and release more power than intended while at the same time altering the spell I was casting. The sudden power must have thrown up a shield or something that knocked Spike back into the other room he came from. We should probably go check on him to see if he is alright."

Throughout the lecture, even Rainbow Dash was silent and paid attention to what Twilight was saying. They all slowly began heading towards the door Spike came from with Twilight in the lead.

Author's Note:

Open criticism is appreciated, first really story and I hope it came out as well as I hoped. Don't hold back and let me have it, I can take it. Also, share some things that you liked about the chapter, let me know how it goes.

I am still a fairly new writer, but I have experience and I promise that the writing will be much better.

Give thanks to my editors from OEE and a friend of mine, they really worked hard on editing this story and they deserve some credit.