• Published 27th Jul 2013
  • 1,110 Views, 34 Comments

A Valuble Lesson - th3l0stch1ld



This is the story of how I somehow ended up living the life of my oc in a weird chain of events and learn to live a happy life. Could this ever go wrong?

  • ...
5
 34
 1,110

Intro

The day was hot. Too hot to go outside. Then again, if you ask me, any day is a bad one to go outside. I’ve always been different, never liked going outside, never tried to make friends, hated just about everything there was in existence. Few things brought me happiness, and I was made fun of for those things. Sixteen years I lived like this, until I eventually became a mystery to everyone, even my own family. I never really connected with my parents. My mother was always too happy and cheery to be around, and my father…always too drunk when he was home. So many nights I would lie awake and listen to them argue. He’s threatened me with my life, told me to my face that he hated me, and even tries to get me to believe he’s not my real father. Oh how I wish that were true. But I’m getting off topic, so I’ll get to the point.

We’ll start just after my sixteenth birthday, which in my family was just another day. No one knew it was my birthday, and those who did always forgot. There I am, standing six foot two, one-hundred-thirty-two pounds, wearing the same outfit I wore every day, being an old pair of hand-me-down blue jeans and a black shirt that read Disturbed across the top, a faceless man wearing a tattered hoodie depicted on it. The school year was coming to an end, and honestly I couldn’t care, because it didn’t make any difference. We don’t get out of school until 2:00, and when we don’t have school, I’m never out of bed until at least 12. There were still things on my to do list that I know would never get done, and I mean never. There’s getting straight A’s, nope. I could tell my crush how I really feel, yeah right. Start driving? Wasn’t looking forward to it. You see, when you’re paranoid, your mind makes everything much worse than it really is, and I was always blowing things out of proportion. Try and make friends? Eh, I have enough. Two’s plenty, right?

Around this time was when I started getting bored with everything. I had nearly beaten every video game I had, I hated going outside, being very unfit. Watching t.v. would mean being in the same room as my father, so no. it was just about then I decided to start writing. The Changeling King, the title of my first real story. Sure, I had creative writing that year in school, but I only wrote one story in that class, and even though it scored a perfect, I never considered it a story. Amor, however, had been a failed creation of my mind for almost a year now, and whenever I could get the time, my mind would wander into a fantasy world, where I live the life of one of my personas, now numbering eight. Amor was my only MLP oc though, and he was one of the two most used. He was an almost exact copy of Chrysalis with shorter hair, no eyelashes or eyeliner, and a cutie mark. Oh yeah, and he’s a guy, obviously. It wasn’t until a month later when a friend of mine recreated him into the cover picture I was going to use for my story, but Amor would always be the one I saw in my mind, no matter how grateful I was. I had all the pieces in my head, and it was just a matter of putting it together.

I started slow, but over time, I began writing faster and faster, some being because I was getting used to it, but mostly my paranoia. When I posted the first two chapters and it got twenty views in a day, I sort of freaked. I told myself to pace myself, do a chapter a week, but I ended up doing a chapter a day. Short ones, but hey, it was something. I started to worry about disappointing the people reading by not posting an update, so I started doing thousand word chapters every day. Halfway through, I made the mistake of typing it in the view of my family.

You see, it wasn’t until around chapter thirteen that I couldn’t stand sitting in my dull little room while I typed, so I would go and lie on the living room couch to type. My brother could care less what I was doing, over his thirteen years of life we came to a mental agreement of I leave him alone he leave me alone. My parents on the other hand, they weren’t as easy. My mother was the first one home, and she saw me on the couch with my laptop, typing away like I never had before. This was so unlike me, because I barely ever used my computer, and usually I was on xbox with my friends. So like the normal parent, she had to pester me.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing.”

“It doesn’t look like nothing.”

“And?”

“And I want to know what you’re doing.”

I rolled my eyes at her. “I’m writing.”

“What are you writing?”

“A story.”

“Can I see?”

“No!” I blurted that out fast. You see, I’m a closet brony. No one knows it, other than online friends, and the only two people who had ever figured out that my Black ops emblem was Queen Chrysalis. It was something I learned after a while: no one needs to know anything about you, especially your parents.

“Why can’t I read it?”

“I don’t want you to.”

“Why?”

“I’m paranoid and I know you’ll laugh at me.”

“Is that what you think?”

“That’s what I know.”

“I won’t laugh, I promise.”

“The answer is still no.”

She didn’t want to push the issue any farther, but she made it a permanent game to try and look over my shoulder and see what I was typing, even though I never let her.

Hours passed, and I decided to type ahead. I don’t remember what chapter I was on, but it was then I heard him pull in the drive way. I could practically smell the alcohol before he even entered the house, so I knew I was in for it. He only picked on me, never my brother, never my mother, only me. It started almost immediately after he walked in the door.

“What the fuck are you doing with that thing, dialing up porn?”

I had to speak through locked teeth. “No dad.”

“Then what the hell are you doing?”

“Nothing.”

“Don’t raise your voice to me, fucker! I’ll kick your teeth in and make you swallow them.” It didn’t even faze me. He made threats to me like that, and I never even raised my voice to him. I just went back to typing, trying to ignore everything he had to say, but that was even harder to do when he was drunk.

It was a week later when the next event happened. I was typing chapter twenty, sitting in the living room, my father on the couch behind me with a beer in his hand. I was thinking real hard at the time and didn’t notice him. You deserve better than this.” He began digging with his hooves. He was sore, numb, and lost to emotions, but he dug.

“Who the fuck was digging with hooves?” I don’t know how I didn’t smell him, but he was two inches away from my face. He was too drunk to put the pieces together, and he was stuck on the hooves part, laughing the whole time.

“Is nothing personal?”

He immediately stopped laughing and looked at me with those dialated eyes. “No, not while you’re in this house. So shut the fuck up.” I gritted my teeth and obeyed. It was no secret he couldn’t wait for me to leave.

The next event, the final one, was much farther ahead, chapter 33. I had just started, and no one was even paying attention to me.

“No. The hive needs a leader while you’re gone anyways.” She pushed forward and wrapped around Amor, half on the bed and hanging in the middle. Amor started to fall back, pulling Chrysalis on top of him. “Woah!” She didn’t try to stop herself and Amor didn’t try to save it either. His crown hit the ground with a ping and rolled around beside them. Amor looked up at Chrysalis, giggling on top of him. She looked into his eyes and stared for a minute before kissing him.

“He’s writing a fucking love story!” I turned to see my father laughing as much as he could behind me. He just couldn’t leave me alone. “Is it a porn book? Come on, is it the kind of book that some slut will buy?” I had to leave there, I couldn’t take him when he was drunk. “Hey, where the fuck you going?”

I slammed the door behind me when I reached my room. I began typing away trying to finish the chapter I was on, but I couldn’t concentrate, my parents were arguing again.

“Do you have to fuck with him every day?”

“I didn’t even say anything!”

“Yes you did! I heard every last word of it!”

“Oh, shut the fuck up and go back to your boyfriend.” My father always started accusing my mother of cheating on him when he was drunk. At that point, I had to turn the music on. I was going through everything on my computer by release date, and I was in 2005. Avenged Sevenfold blasting in my ears as I typed away. It was then that my entire life would change.

“Travis.” I could barely hear it through my headphones. I thought it was just my parents again, so I went back to typing, pulling one earphone out in case someone was calling me. “Travis.” I definitely heard something that time. The voice was strangely familiar, but it couldn’t be who I thought it was. What scared me even more was that I came from somewhere in my room. I looked around. There was nowhere anything could hide it here.

“Great, he finally drove me to insanity. Thanks dad.”

“Travis, over here.” I shot up. It was coming from the foot of my bed, but there was nothing down there except for a poster. “Come closer.” I couldn’t resist. I looked close at the poster at the foot of my bed. It was an Avenged Sevenfold poster, Buried Alive spread across the top in bold red letters while two hands popped out of a grave, reaching for something that wasn’t there. Whatever, whoever was calling me, it seemed to be coming from the poster. I leaned in as close as I could get. I put my head to the poster, and just fell through. I lost my balance, and fell right into nothingness.
……….

I awoke some time later, unsure of where I was. I noticed something was definitely different. Ever thing was so much more…vibrant. Colors were bright and lively. The world I was used to was dull, almost colorless.

“Ah, you’re finally awake.” The voice was definitely familiar. It was calm, majestic, and soothing. I looked up from the smooth white floor to see the source of the voice. It was exactly who I thought it was. Sitting on a throne before me, was none other than the ruler of Equestria, Princess Celestia. “I am Princess Celestia, the princess of the sun.”

“Oh I know who you are. The question is why am I here?”

“Right to business huh? Very well. I brought you here through a portal.”

“How?”

“Equestria has powers that people from your world would never begin to understand. Just know that you are here.”

“Okay, why?”

“Because I have been watching you for some time now. You are very unhappy with your life, unhappy with the people you know.”

“Unhappy doesn’t begin to explain it.” I was at my feet by this time.

“Yes, well. I brought you here in an attempt to help you learn a very important lesson in friendship, or rather, six lessons.”

“Okay, well I thank you for the chance.” Something possessed me to bow. It could have just been the fact that I was standing in front of one of the most powerful beings ever, but still. “So, when do I leave?”

“Well you can’t leave looking like that.”

“What’s wrong with how I look?”

“Nothing, except that you would never fit in. there is currently a spell placed on you. Think really hard. What would you look like as a being from my world? What do you want to look like?”

There was no contest. I closed my eyes, and seconds later, I was engulfed in a white light. When it subsided, I wasn’t me. I was much better. Four solid black holy legs. A greenish blue tail. A solid black coat. Two large fangs were sticking out of my mouth. My eyes were no longer brown, but were now green. A mended heart was on my new flank. I was a changeling. I was Amor.

“A changeling? Well, it’s your choice. Shall I continue calling you by your name?”

To tell the truth, I’ve always hated my name. “No, please call me Amor.”

Celestia smiled. “That sounds like a wonderful name. Now I have some people I want you to meet.” Just then, the large golden doors to the room burst open, and I could just barely make out the shadowed figures of six ponies. Knowing what I already know, it didn’t take much to guess who they were. “Ah, right on time, girls.”

“Princess Celestia, we came as soon as Spike brought us the news. What is it you need us…oh, I didn’t realize you would have compan-is that a changeling!?” The pony who was speaking was a light purple unicorn, a pink stripe through here hair and mane. I took one step back, unsure how to respond, but with every step closer to Celestia I took, they seemed to grow more and more hostile toward me, something I was well too acquainted with. I decided it would be best if I just stopped where I was at.

“Girls, please calm down.” Celestia tried to calm the six ponies down, but for some it didn’t seem to work.

A sky blue pegasus with a rainbow mane flew up to me, pressing her face up to mine and looking me in the eyes, a look in her face that spoke clearly: I don’t trust you. “How do we know he doesn’t have the princess under some mind control spell like the last time? I say we beat it out of him until he lets her go.”

“Mind…what? I have no idea what you are talking about. I just got here myself.” They seemed surprised that I said anything.

“He doesn’t sound like a changeling.”

“And how would you know?”

“Well, for one, Rainbowdash, all the ones we fought off were hissing at us, and the queen spoke in old english.”

“So? If you hadn’t realized this isn’t a normal changeling.” The blue pegasus indicated to my flank.

The whole groups eyes widened as they all called out at the same time. “A cutie mark?”

“Enough!” Celestia’s voice thundered through the room, calming everyone down. “Everyone, this is Tr-uh, Amor. I brought him here from a place very far away. I want you six to teach him about the magic of friendship.”

They hesitated. Everyone was silent for a few minutes while they decided how to react. Finally, the purple unicorn spoke up. “Alright princess. We’ll do it.” She approached me and extended a hoof. “Hello, and glad to meet you. I am Twilight Sparkles.” I stuck my newly acquired hoof out and met hers.

“Hello.”

“You don’t speak much, do you?”

“I’d prefer to stay quiet.”

“Right… well, you’ve already met Rainbowdash in a sense.” She pointed to the rainbow pegasus.

“Sup.”

“Not much.”

“This is Rarity.” A white unicorn with a purple mane that was obviously well cared for approached. She was practically glowing with beauty…in a weird pony way.

“It is a pleasure to meet you.”

“The pleasure is all mine.”

“Well, aren’t you a gentle colt.” I had to roll my eyes.

“This is Applejack.” An orange pony with a western style hat approached. Her mane and hair were both in ponytails. She didn’t have wings or a horn like the rest, she was just a normal pony.

“Howdy.” She stuck a hoof out like the first.

“Hi.” I took her hoof and she violently shook me in an attempt at a hoofshake.

“This is Fluttershy.” A small yellow pegasus with a long pink mane approached, her head low to the ground and her wings clapped tightly against her body.

H-hi.” She spoke in a tone that could only be described as quieter than a whisper.

“Hi.” She had a look of fear in her eye. “I’m probably going to like talking to you.”

“Eep!” She quickly fled behind the other pegasus.

“S-sorry.”

“And this is-“

“Hi! I’m Pinkie Pie!” A wild pink pony appeared right in front of me, causing me to rear back.

“Eh, hi.”

“So, do you like cake? Because I love cake! Especially cupcakes which are just really really small cakes that you don’t have to share which is fine for me because I really like my sweets.” The only reason she stopped talking was because she needed to take in air to keep going, but I cut her off.

“Yeah, I can tell.”

Celestia spoke up. “Alright, now that you all have met, you are all to help Amor learn the magic of friendship in your own ways. Each day he will help you in a way you deem necessary and you will help him. I feel I can trust the Elements of Harmony to help him learn the ways of friendship.”

“You can count on us, princess!”