• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 1,192 Views, 13 Comments

Fallout Equestria: War Games - Livingdeath



A militarized group invades Stable 47, and after being exiled from their home, officers Chance and Amber embark on a quest for answers.

  • ...
2
 13
 1,192

Chapter 2: Escape

Chapter 2: Escape

"Run, run away and never return."

Chance and Amber continued their idle conversation, completely unaware that their home was under attack.

"I'm just saying, if your barn door did swing that way, who would you go out with?" Amber rolled her eyes at Chance's persistence, until finally she gave up.

"Fine, if you really want to know, it would most likely be Lilly." Chance tried his best to hold back his laughter when he pictured Amber and Lilly together, but ultimately failed. He burst out into a fit of laughter so intense, that he actually was forced to stop and catch his breath.

"Oh, by the Goddesses, that is just too damn good." Amber waited for him to catch up, and cracked a smile.

"Alright Chance, if your barn door swung that way, who would you go out with?" Chance stopped laughing immediately and turned to look at his partner, to which she simply shrugged.

"Hey, it's only fair, so out with it." Chance's face became one of resentment and he muttered a name under his breath, and Amber had to strain herself and even then she could barely hear it.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Chance sighed and spoke so she could hear him.

"I said 'Short Circuit', there are you happy now?" This time, it was Amber's turn to nearly collapse with laughter.

"Him? Of all of the stallions in this Stable, you'd go with him?" Amber was laughing so hard she was beginning to have troubles breathing, until finally she had to stop due to lack of air. When she finally stopped Chance walked over and helped her off the ground. They were about to continue their patrol when the alarms in the Stable began to go off, soon accompanied by the voice of the Overmare.

"Attention, all security personnel, the Stable is under attack, report to your security stations immediately!" Chance and Amber both broke off in a run, heading straight towards their security station, once there, they armed up and prepared to drive the invaders from their Stable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grimm was having the time of his life, for the first time in a long time, he was able to cut loose and let free his true nature, which just so happened to be the nature of a sociopath. He noticed a single Stable security guard crawling away slowly, leaving a trail of blood behind him. He looked back to his men with a mad smile across his face.

"I'll handle this poor fucker, you just make sure that nopony makes it to the Stable door, got it?" The soldier in charge of the squad nodded, and his men dispersed, but before he could leave, Grimm grabbed him and turned him around.

"You'd be wise to remember that I see to failures personally, so don't fuck this up, or you'll answer to me, understand?" The commander nodded and ran off as fast as he could, while Grimm walked merrily over to the guard crawling for his life. He used his horn to levitate his knife from his belt and he held it to the guards throat, and without a second thought, he slit his throat, taking great joy in listening to him choking on his own blood. He then proceeded to slowly walk away, singing a happy tune to himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chance managed to dodge incoming fire from their mysterious attackers, and took cover behind one of the hallway walls, all the while grumbling to himself.

"I can't believe this shit, after everything the overmare said, 'Ooh, let's open our Stable up and let complete and utter strangers in, it'll be perfectly fine, nothing bad could possibly happen, everything will be artificial sunshine and sing-alongs,' yeah, that worked out real nicely didn't it?" Amber was next to him, along with security chief Nova, who were trying their damnedest to at least take down a few of their attackers, but every time one of them stuck their heads out, a bullet would whiz by and nearly take their head with it. Amber eventually got tired of Chance's ramblings.

"Will you please shut the fuck up! I get it, you're pissed, but going on about it like a foal isn't going to change a damned thing, so suck it up, deal with it, and at least try to kill some of these fuckers, will you?" Chance rolled his eyes and levitated his pistol around the side of the wall and started firing blindly, and the others soon followed his example, and eventually the bullets stopped firing, and all was quiet in the hallway once again. Chance decided to take a chance and peaked around the wall, and saw that somehow, some of their bullets had miraculously found their targets.

"I can't believe that actually worked," he said to himself. Chief Nova breathed a sigh of relief, but she was quickly reminded of why they had come here in the first place.

"Come on you two, we have to get to the overmare as quickly as possible, no one else is available to defend her, and I'll be damned if I let her die." Chance and Amber nodded and they quickly broke of into a gallop, going as fast as they could to reach the overmare before it was too late. Once they reached the office, they couldn't tell if they were too late until they opened the door to reveal at least five bodies, and none of them belonged to the overmare, thankfully. Once they stepped inside, the overmare stepped out from behind her desk with a pistol aimed straight at Nova's head, but once she realized who they were, she quickly put her weapon away and a look of relief washed over her face.

"I'm glad to see that the three of you are still alive, when the attackers arrived before you I had feared the worst." Nova just stared at her with a look of disbelief on her face.

"Ma'am, where did you learn to shoot?" She gave a light chuckle.

"Do you really think that you're the only one that goes to the target range during your free time?" Nova just continued to stare in disbelief, Amber gave a low whistle, and Chance suddenly had a lot more respect for her than he did previously. Nova eventually shook herself of her amazement, and tried to convince her to leave.

"Listen to me Daisy, we have to leave this Stable now, we're overrun." The room remained quiet for a few moments, hardly anypony in the Stable referred to her by her name, but Nova was one of the few that did. Daisy gave a light chuckle and shook her head.

"I'm afraid that's impossible Nova, this is my home, and I won't abandon it, even if it means my death." She then walked over to her terminal and input her password, which opened up her office's secret tunnel to the Stable entrance. The other ponies just stared in disbelief, and Daisy began to speak in a frantic tone.

"You three have to get out of here now, follow this tunnel all the way to the Stable entrance, don't wait for anyone, don't stop for anything, just keep running until you get as far away from this Stable as possible, and most importantly, stay safe." None of them dared to move, and Daisy sighed.

"I'm not asking you, I'm ordering you as your overmare, now get out of here, now!" Hesitantly, the three of them walked down the tunnel, one by one, until they reached the entrance, and were greeted with a someone that at first they didn't recognize, but as they got closer they noticed that he was a unicorn, with a green coat and a black mane, and Amber gave a smile.

"Vile, is that you?" She called out, and sure enough, it was him. He quickly ran over to them.

"Amber, Chance, chief, how the hell did you guys make it all the way here?" Chance gave a smug smile.

"Secret tunnels my friend, the only way to get around." Vile rolled his eyes, and gave a light laugh.

"All right smug ass, I get it, by the way, did anyone else make it?" Chance shook his head.

"Not that I know of, and if they did then they most likely made it out of here by now, which is a relief." Vile nodded.

"Yeah, it sure is going to make this a hell of a lot easier." Before anyone could ask him what he meant, he drew his sidearm and put a bullet between Nova's eyes. After she fell to the ground he then focused his attention on Chance. Amber couldn't understand what had happened, but Chance was beginning to put it together.

"It was you, you sold us out!" Vile gave a crooked smile and shook his head.

"Nope, that wasn't me, I just knew which way the wind was going to blow and signed on to the winning team." Chance stared at him with cold eyes.

"How long have you been working this angle?" Vile pretended to think about it for a few moments before answering.

"Well, let's see, I was first approached by that griffon about six months ago, I believe, and then there was all of that planning with that ghoul, and that crazy unicorn." Chance stopped him for a moment.

"Wait, what the hell is a ghoul?" Vile laughed at his question.

"Why do you want to know, it's not like you're going to live long enough to actually care." Chance smirked.

"Maybe not, but I figured that it would give Amber enough time to sneak behind you, but I guess this worked well enough." Before another word could be said, Amber tackled him from behind and proceeded to hit him viciously across the face, splitting his lip, and she just continued to her vicious assault on him, until finally Chance had to run over and pull her off of him. Amber looked back at him and started to try and fight free of his grasp.

"Let go of me! Let go of me right now so I can end this fucker's misery!" Chance held her back an wrapped his forelegs around her chest and tried to calm her down. Eventually, she managed to calm down enough to a point where she returned to her regular self, and when she saw the blood on her hooves, and saw what she had done to Vile, she felt sick to her stomach and wanted to throw up, but instead, she simply buried her face into Chance's neck, all the while he tried to comfort her.

"It's okay Amber, I'm right here." What would have been a touching moment was destroyed when they heard an unfamiliar voice behind them.

"Aw, that's the most touching fucking thing that I've ever seen." They both looked over to see a unicorn with a yellow coat and a dark red mane, with a half-crazed look in his eye. He looked over to Vile laying still on the ground and looked over to the duo.

"Did you two chicken fucks do this?" Neither of them said a word, and the mysterious unicorn hit Vile in the chest as hard as he could, which earned a moan from the downed traitor, and the unicorn smiled.

"Well, at least now we know that he isn't dead, yet." He then looked over to the duo and gave a wicked smile.

"And here we have, Chance, and Amber, correct? Oh, don't look so surprised, your names are right on your uniforms, and it's not like I don't know how to read. You know, it's not very often that someone actually makes it far enough that our double agents actually have to act, and you know what? I like that, hell I even respect that." Chance just stared at the unicorn.

"So, you're the one that Vile was talking about, that crazy unicorn." He simply smiled.

"The name's Grimm, and I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you, but I'm afraid that I'm not much of a liar." He then levitated out his revolver and twirled the cylinder.

"Well now comes the part where I kill the two of you." He levitated his revolver, but before he could fire off a shot, Chance used his horn to levitate a small pipe from the ground and smack him over the head with it. While he was distracted by the new pulsing pain in his head, both Amber and Chance made a mad dash for the exit. They could hear the gunshots coming from behind them, which only encouraged them to go faster.

Eventually, they reached the exit to the Stable, and ran through the door, only to be met with a bright light, and a destroyed land to greet them. As they looked at the destroyed and desolated wasteland that surrounded them, Chance looked over to Amber and said what was on both of their minds.

"What the fuck are we supposed to do now?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grimm was seething with anger. He had never let anyone get away before, and he would be damned if anyone got away this time. He walked over to Vile and hit him across his face.

"How the fuck did you let them get the drop on you?!" Vile didn't answer, and he simply walked over to the pony that was in charge of keeping this from happening in the first place.

"And what's your excuse hmm? Or do you not have one other than laziness?" The pony was shaking with fear as he looked Grimm in the eye.

"Sir, we- we never even saw them, they must have had a stealth-buck or something." Grimm simply gave a light chuckle.

"Oh really? Well, that's one that I've never heard before, and in light of this failure, whether it was your fault or not, has caused me to call you usefulness into question." The pony looked to his left and then back to Grimm.

"And, what have you decided?" Grimm simply smiled.

"Well in short, you're fired." He then levitated his revolver to the pony's face, and pulled the trigger without a moment's hesitation. He then looked behind him, and spoke to the other ponies that had gathered around.

"All right, which one of you limp dick fucks wants his job?" One pony raised his hoof and Grimm approached him.

"So you want his job?" The pony nodded, and he smiled.

"Well then you can have it, and the first thing that you get to do is get rid of his corpse before it starts to stink up the place, and the second thing that you're going to do is find a technician, or somepony that's good with computers so we can start on cracking open that little secret in the lower levels. Oh, and try no to end up like your predecessor, not because I care, but because I don't feel like wasting another bullet, got it?" The pony simply nodded his head and Grimm smiled.

"Very good, now get to it." The pony began to drag the corpse away, while Grimm looked over to Vile.

"And you, don't think that I've forgotten about you. While we work on cracking this Stable's dirty little secret, I want you to get out into the wastes, and hunt down those two security ponies that you failed to kill, or I'll kill them and you, got it?" Vile nodded, and Grimm walked away. He smacked his lips together and looked at the rest of the troops.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to find the kitchen to see what, or who, is cooking." After he walked off, one of the troops turned to the other.

"He was just kidding about the whole, 'who's cooking', right?" When he didn't answer, it unnerved him a bit.

"Right?"