• Published 28th Jul 2013
  • 336 Views, 9 Comments

The Lovely Pony - BlueBrony13



Young Lilac Apple tells a tale of redemption and longing from beyond the grave. FlutterMac usage to create the slowly down-spiraling family after Lilac's death. Lovely Bones x MLP Crossover. Rated Teen for some sexual materials and gore.

  • ...
5
 9
 336

Adapting

When some lives end, the passing pony can involuntarily pass on an image of themselves to another- as I did with a filly named Normandy Cliffs. What she saw was an image of myself, fluttering past her, through her body, and into the heavens above.

Normandy was a pony with bright blue eyes, and a silvery coat. Her mane was everywhere, each curl seeming like it was fighting its way to get further into the world. From what I could tell in the brief moment we saw one another, her cutie mark was a helmet on top of ropes. Some of her features were familiar, but some were.... less familiar. I recognized her eyes and her curls from a picture of my mom and her friends. What was the name of the mare I was thinking of? Party Platter? Pink Meringue? Celestiadammit, who was she? Then, it came to me.

"Pinkie Pie!" I whispered to myself. "She's the daughter of Pinkie Pie!"

I rose further into the air, the satchel with Normandy Cliffs written on it faded. I could only barely see her look up as I ascended into heaven. But then, everything around my immediate field of vision faded to white.


* * * * *

"LAHLAC!" shouted my father, as he galloped frantically through the streets of Ponyville, the eerie twilight about to envelop the entire town. "Lahlac! Please!" Tears began to stream down his face.

Darkness came and made the chances of my dad finding me even worse. He galloped further into town, soon finding the Police Station. He burst through the doors. Everypony inside looked at him, confusion and interest etched into each and every face.

"Ah need to see the deputy and sheriff!" My dad cried. "Now! My daughter, Lilac, has gone missing- nopony can find her!"

In the back of the police station, my father saw a brown figure rise from his chair, slowly- cautiously. Next to him was the purple mare, the new deputy, My dad recognized this mare to be Twilight Sparkle. Twilight was known throughout Equestria for being a prime pupil for Princess Celestia, saving everypony's flanks numerous times, and even for being a Princess herself- for a short time. Twilight's reputation relieved my dad slightly.

The two ponies trotted to my father, eyes analyzing him with haste.

"Lahlac's gone missin'! We've looked everywhere, Ah've nearly lost my voice shoutin' her name at the top of mah lungs! No dahce! Please, help. Notify the Canterlot- or- or- Cloudsdale police! J-just do whatever you need to and Ah'll-"
"Wait, Macintosh!" said Twilight with bewilderment. "Slow down and tell me the whole thing."

If my father's coat wasn't already the deep shade of red that it was, it would've deepened to the point of a tomato from anger.
"THERE'S NO TAHM FOR REPEATS! MAH DAUGHTER COULD BE DEAD IN A DITCH RIGHT NOW! LAHLAC'S GONE MISSIN'!"
The rest of the police department just stared. The brown stallion, who had a thick Trottingham accent, yelled to his cohorts; "Don't just sit there! Send out search parties! Alert the other cities' police!"

Almost immediately, everpony burst into an almost Manehattan-esque burst of communication; Ponyville P.D. to the Canterlot P.D., various policeman trying to coordinate who would search for me and where., stallions and mares arguing with each other about what circumstances could manipulate where I was. It was pure chaos. Little did anypony know that it take four weeks for somepony to accidentally find me.

**********************************************

Heaven is a truly magnificent place. The borders of your field of vision, almost like a surreal wall of fog, were lined with golden satton. Ponies- foals to the elderly- happily trotted on the soft, comfortable ground. The smell of acrylic paint filled me nostrils, causing a wave of nostalgia to washed over me. Suddenly, I pictured to small stones my mom and I used to paint, and my nostalgia turned into a harsh buzz of cruel reality. I.... was dead. Murdered. Violated and stabbed in the skull...
To be honest, I never pictured my life ending this way, my vision of the end was me in a bed, surrounded my my children, their children, and my husband. But it happened this way.... of all ways.

My thoughts were interrupted when a mare popped up in front of me.

"Hello," she said in a Russian accent. "My name is Spokoystviye- or as you would most likely say it: Tranquility. Anyhow, I am your Heavenly Counselor; somepony who will help you through your first two months of being dead. What is your name?"

"Uhm..." I suddenly realized how much I must have seemed like my mother then. "My name's.... Lilac..."
"Prosti, but what was that?"
"Lilac.... Lilac Skyskimmer Apple..."
"Speak up, dear."
"Lilac. Lilac Skyskimmer Apple. Died about an hour ago. Mollested and stabbed in the head."
Spokoystviye cringed at my explanation as to how I died. "WEll, em... let's brush you up a bit on what you'll be experiencing today. In a moment, you'll be seeing what your actual heaven is like. What you see now is called "general heaven", the image every newly-dead sees when they arrive. And I will be available back in general heaven if you need to talk. Now, are you ready to see your true heaven?"

I was confused. Why was she treating this like I had just checked into a hotel? Oh? What was that about meeting an awful fate in the prime of your life? Well, seeing your room will make it all better. What's more, I'm just down the hall if you want to talk! LOL, have a great stay! I decided to go along with it all, since I was going to be here forever, I might as well get accustomed as soon as I could.
"Alright, close your eyes," instructed Spokoystviye. I obeyed, and waited.
"Now, open." said a different voice- a much more familiar voice. Was it.... Cyan? Cyan Skies?
"Hello, Lilac!" she said in the cheery voice that she'd kept even after death. "Welcome to heaven!"

Author's Note:

UGGGGGGGH..... I don't feel like this chapter was written very well.... it all seemed too... abrupt? Also, I sincerely apologize for the huge gap in updates. I've been busy with school and planning for my trip to Europe next summer!
Anywhale, I'm unsure about another thing- the displayed course of the police ponies. Not entirely sure if it was accurate...

Despite the uncertainties, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! In the next chapter, you'll get more insight as to Harvey's whereabouts. One last thing, this is (quite obviously) based off of The Lovely Bones, so all inspiration credit goes to Ms. Alice Sebold!