• Published 22nd Jul 2013
  • 780 Views, 25 Comments

Maybe until death. I promise I do - Fat1thatyoulove



The final part to the MAybe series, part 41. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 25
 780

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Checking the time

You're silent for a moment as you near the staircase as you listen to the sound of small hooves clapping against the wood. Just as you bring your voice up it's sound is dwarfed by the lavender mare at the bottom of the staircase trying to grab at the light purple filly that happily escapes her grasp.

"...Violet, i'll count to three."

You perk your ears up to her voice, you know she's trying to be serious but you've always kind of found her serious voice kind of funny seeing as how its still too sweet sounding.

As you near the bottom of the stairs she straightens her stand and tilts her head up, "One..."

As her pause comes over the room leaving only Violet's happy gallop to it you stand next to Twilight as you just watch the scene in the room.

"...Two..."

Twilight's confidence is a little lost as Violet bends her front hooves down a little as she holds her bright smiling mouth that holds an undone bow in her grasp and blue eyes to Twilight.

"...Two and a half?"

Another pause comes over the room as Twilight holds her gaze to the happy filly but it doesn't last long as she gives a slight sigh.

You look back to her as you talk, "What do you need?"

Twilight turns her head to you as she brings her voice back, "Well, I would like to get going so that we don't miss the noon train, but Violet won't leave without her bow and she won't let me tie it."

You nod your head as you start to walk towards Violet, "You want your bow tied?"

The little filly nods her head as she takes the ribbon from her mouth and hoofs it towards you, a sly smile comes back to you as you turn your head to Twilight and float it from Violet.

But Twilight's defeated stare doesn't last long as she hold her hoof to you, "You know you're not supposed to use your magic."

You roll your eyes to her comment as you sit your flank to the ground and bring the ribbon to sit in your right hoof. Violet holds a slightly confused stare to you before she copies your motion and sits in front of you still holding her gaze to you as you talk, "Thought that was an easy spell?"

Twilight rolls her hoof to you as she answers a bit rushed, "Of course its not simple, magic is a bond between a pony and the world around them, no spell is simp-..." Her voice stops as she squints her eyes to you.

You nod your head as you point your hoof towards the stairs, "You said it, by the way I already packed Violet's things."

"OH! I still need to." Her ear flicks to the comment as she starts up the stairs with a slight groan, "We should have started earlier." Twilight's voice starts to trail from the room as you hear her comments becoming directed to Spike.

You hold your ear to the stairs for a moment before you look back to the little filly and stand up with the ribbon floating next to you. Violet follows your motion with a smile as her eyes pin to the pink cloth floating past her face.

"Mommy thinks I can tie bows with hooves..." You follow through your motion as you watch the bow take shape on her tail, "...But mommy also thinks she can rush plan a wedding by herself."

The little filly ignores your comment as her ears along with yours pick up to a knock at the door.

A low chime picks up from Violet's horn as you walk over towards the door, but you don't get to open as you watch a low blue haze turn the knob.

"Are you four coming or not?" The tomboyish voice rolls through the library as you watch Rainbow closes the door behind her, "I mean like seriously, you trying to be late to your own wedding?"

You shrug the comment off as you talk, "Well its not till tomorrow."

A slight laugh escapes Rainbow's mouth before she brings her hoof to her mouth and calls out, "Hey Twilight, Rarity Applejack Pinkie and Fluttershy already left this morning."

The sound of hooves and a low chime fill the room as you watch the lavender mare coming down the stairs, "They did?" A large list like paper rolls up beside her as she puts it into a purple satchel that stays above the stairs in her magical grasp, "...But we still need to get setup? Why would they leave early?"

Rainbow shrugs as she talks, "I don't know, I would have left to but Mayor Mare wanted me and a few Pegasus to start planning for winter clouds." She stretches her wings as her tomboyish voice sparks up in a bit of pride, "Ya and I still could've made it to the train,, it only took ten seconds to pack."

Twilight looks over the blue and dark gold bag around the cyan mare as she squints to her friend, "Is the dress Rarity refitted for you in there?"

The cyan mare looks down to the bag as she talks, "What? It fit." As her gaze goes down she catches her eyes to the little filly staring up to her. The rare unsure voice of the cyan mare is quickly lost as she reaches her front hooves to the filly as her wings start to flap, "Hey weezy just think, tomorrow you can be a flower filly...if you don't eat the flowers."

You give a slight chuckle to the comment as you think it over, she wouldn't do that...right?

A slight giggling sigh comes from Twilight as she looks from the cyan mare to you, "...Now I'll carry our bag can you carry Violet's?"

You move your hoof to the floating bag as you take it from her grasp, "Yes."

But her eyes don't stay on you long as she quickly turns back towards the stairs, "Spike we need to leave soon."

The young dragon's voice comes back through the house as you listen to it, "Do you know wear my lucky top hat is?"

You move the bright purple bag around your body as you think over Spike's comment, why does Barney the dinosaur need a top hat?

Twilight gives a slight sigh as she starts up the stairs again, You watch her for a moment as you continue to move the strap over your body without the help of any magic, you never really thought putting a bag on would be so much work but its better to not risk burning it.

The lavender mare's trot up again is brought to a halt as she turns back to the room, "Rainbow when did you say the train was leaving?"

The cyan mare doesn't bring her head from her slow flight path as she dangles the happy wiggling filly in her grasp towards the ground, "Mhh, ten minutes?"

You give a slight laugh as you watch the lavender mare dart quickly up the rest of the stairs. But you're not really worried about the time as you shift your head back to the happy low wheezing sound coming from beside you.

End of chapter 2