• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 1,415 Views, 17 Comments

Different but the Same Too - sindragon



After Princess Cadence and Shining Armor's love spell defeated Queen Chrysalis and her Changeling army. The spell also caused a rip in space and time that opened a portal to the Lion King world.

  • ...
8
 17
 1,415

End of the world?

Different but the Same Too

Chapter 1 End of the world?

The six pony friends and the princesses were in a gazebo saying a few words to the new Husband and wife before they left for their Honeymoon. The Pinkie Pie garden party had just finished, leaving them mostly alone with only a few of the royal guard, left in the gardens.

Twilight was hugging her BBBFF and instructing him on how he should treat Cadence, while her other friends added in their own two bits between her gasps for air. Cadence was off to the side having a few quiet words with her aunts over a few things less fun, mainly on what to do about the Changelings problem.

"Has their been any news on where the Changelings ended up?" Cadence asked her aunts in a deceptively calm tone, deep down she was boiling with rage for the injustices and evil things inflicted upon Canterlot.

She wanted justice, a kind of revenge on Queen Chrysalis. Deserved for what the imposter had done to her,Shining and her family.

"No Cadence, the guards have only found dead Changelings who were unfortunately inside during your spell, but no sight of any living Changelings or Chrysalis." Luna informed her niece, grimacing at the memory of the unlucky Changelings.

"Besides, you shouldn't be worrying about this Cadence. Go enjoy your honeymoon with Shining Armor. We shall deal with the Changeling problem." Celestia replied with a smile to her niece as she nuzzled her.


"Yes, Celestia is right we will take care of this problem. Should the worst happen your spell with Shining will stop them from coming near Canterlot again." Luna replied, agreeing with what her Sister had said.

"Also, it make that pretty white portal in the sky." Pinkie Pie happily announced as she bounced between the princesses while using a hoof to point at something.

"Pinkie, some times your are too ra-, WHAT THE HAY IS THAT!." Rainbow Dash was about to comment before nearly shouting her lungs out. Entranced by a glowing oval in the sky.

Everypony else turned to look at what had freaked out Rainbow, only for them to be gob smacked by what they saw. Almost directly above the three princess, Spike, and the rest of the Mane 6 was what Pinkie Pie had spotted.

A large portal sparkling with white energy, as tall as 3 ponies stacked upon each other, it spooked Fluttershy, who hid behind Celestia.

"Is it safe? What is it doing?" Fluttershy ask in her scared quiet tone.

For as long as Celestia had lived and for all the things she's seen, never had she witnessed a portal of the scale, forget appearing midair, she had no answers for the elements of kindness.

"Look, what are those?" Spike shouted in surprise and shock, seeing something coming out of the
portal. Everyone squinted to see what Spike was talking about, and gasped when they saw he was right.

- Pridelands - six months after the defeat of Scar and the Hyenas.

"Sis you're messing up my mane, I'm not a cub." Sin groaned trying to push his half blood Sister away from him.

Causing Zira to let out a chuckle as well as Nuka who then shut up seeing the glare his uncle gave him. Nuka then sat next to his mum ,while looking at the newest family member. Vitani who was happily suckling on Zira nipples for milk.

"Your too easy bro, besides you have to look your best. Since king Simba and queen Nala are showing the future king of the Pridelands today. Can't wait to see who little Tani is betrothed too." Zira said while chuckling at her brother, but with pride at the last bit.

She ecstatic that her cub would be a future Queen of the Pridelands. Nala had ask for her permission after she gave birth to Kopa. Which Zira happily accepted, her daughter has quite a life ahead of her.

"Yeah I couldn't be more proud for her, but you know how I feel." Sin said as he sighed deeply, resting his head on a rock.

Sin was in love with Queen Nala, and always was with her. All the way back to the dark reign of King Scar. But sadly when she found Simba to help defeat Scar, she fell for him instead, leaving Sin alone. It hurt him so bad that Nala and Zira had to all but pin Sin down to stop him jumping of the top of Pride Rock.

It wasn't until they had calmed him down and gotten him to talk did they realize how deep his feelings for the lioness were.

Nala had a deep heart to heart talk with Sin, telling him how she loved him to. But more as a brother than as a lover. She made it clear that she was Simba's, but made sure he knew that he was the one who was there for her when Simba wasn't, and she wouldn't forget that. She offered her friendship and after a while Sin accepted, and things regained a semblance of normalcy.

"Bro you have to let it go, I know it hurts, but you can't let it make your heart go black because of it." Zira said softly to him.

"I know, It's- Sin was suddenly interrupted by the sound of the upper half of pride rock roaring at once, "What was that!?" he finally shouted after uncovering his ears. Before Zira could reply a large
group of Lionesses ran past their cave lead by Sarabi.

"Zira, Sin we don't have much time, the Hyenas have return to the Pride lands. Simba is getting everyone who is available to help in this battle. Don't worry about the little ones as I and a couple others will be protecting them during the battle. Take care of what you must and then join us." she finished before padding away.

"Let's go Sin. Nuka, I want you to help Sarabi and the others in protecting the cubs." Zira order her bother and her Son. While she nuzzled her little Vitani, who mewed happily.

"Aw I wanted to help fight, fine." Nuka replied.

"You may get your chance, hyenas unpredictable" Sin said in dark tone.

Zira let out snarl in agreement, remembering how much those stinky poachers had destroyed her and Sin's families, now it was time to return the favour.

Border of the Elephant graveyard, late evening

Thunder was crashing around the battlefield, as the massive group of 60 hyenas lead by Shenzi stalked toward the Lions. Simba's pride was closer to 40, but he was completely confident in his Lions combat superiority, not to mention he had the aid of Rafiki and his foster dads behind him as well.

Shenzi snarled at Simba, as she walked out from her cackle of hyenas and into yelling range.

"Give up Simba, and walk away with your Pride. It is the only way you are going to live, once we have the Pridelands we won't bother to hunt you down... at first." Shenzi frenziedly shouted as the Hyenas behind her cackled.

"Over my dead body, Shenzi." Simba snarled in return.

"I so hoped you would say that Simba, I never got my cub sandwich all those days ago, attack!" Shenzi howled.

Simba then let out a roar to signal the charge, but before the battle began, The sound of thunder deafened the various howls and roars as lightning struck the ground between the two groups.

"What the hell!" Simba shouted in surprise. Staring in horror at what looked like a floating surface of a pond, except bolts of lightning were firing out of it, striking the ground or anything in the way at random.

He was horrified when it struck a lioness fending off two hyenas, and all three disappeared into thin air.

"Run!" Timon screamed as he and Pumba fled in the direction of Pride Rock before being zapped into oblivion.

"NO!" Simba shouted in despair, upon witnessing the deaths of his best friends.

Simba was about to be hit as well, but was saved when Sin rammed him from the side and into a ditch where the cubs were hiding, before he could jump in behind he was zapped and vanished.

"Sin!" was shouted from multiple voices as the striped Lion disappeared.

Simba mange to get to his mother, Sarafina, Zira, Nuka, Rafiki and the cubs without being hit. He peered over the edge to see who was left, and was met by the face of Shenzi, who stared at him, somehow radiating pure hatred while still laughing

"You have killed us all Simba, at least I know you will die as well hahaha." She laughed uncontrollably before getting struck by the strange lightning.

Her body spasmed for a moment before disappearing, Simba jumped back in surprise and landed next to Rafiki who hmm'd, deep in thought.

"I see now Mufasa, what you meant." Rafiki said to the wind.

Simba jerked around in surprise.

"What are you talking about Rafiki? What about my farther?"Simba asked the Shaman.

Rafiki said nothing, but instead stood up and raised his stick into the air, and then down towards the lightning-pool, almost immediately he was zapped and his proximity with everyone else caused them to be grabbed as well, and in a flash they were gone.


Back in Canterlot

"Look everypony, there are a lot of things coming out of the portal!" Pinkie Pie shouted while watching the creatures fall out of the sky. Speeding to the ground very near the ponies.

Almost instantly the unicorns used their magic to stop the unknown creatures from crashing into the marble ground. Lifting them was a simple enough task and the Ponies set them down gently on the ground.

As they were taking a quick rest, Spike and Rainbow Dash flew over to see what the strangers were. They were like Griffons, but with a face more like a cat and no feathers, Rainbow was certain she had heard of something like them before.

"Are they Lions?" Rainbow Dash wondered aloud, remembering one of her favorite scenes from Daring Do.

The Lions of Pride Rock layed out cold on the floor, and the Hyenas were nowhere to be seen.

End of Chapter 1

Review and Rate please, If you don't like it please tell me why ^_^
Thank you to Thardoc or beta this chapter.