• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 658 Views, 29 Comments

Uniconia's desire - xcedra



King Strong Hooves Sees Princess Sparkle as a way to gain power for his kingdom, but will his son Gallant Heart help or hinder?

  • ...
23
 29
 658

Arrival in Equestria

Twilight had not gotten used to it at all yet; it had barely been two weeks since her coronation and every time someone called her Princess she had the urge to look for Princess Celestia, Luna or Cadence. although now that Cadence and Shining Armor have gone back to the Crystal Kingdom I suppose I should really stop expecting to see her at least. She really wanted everything to just go back to normal, and not the new I-am-a-princess-and-can-fly normal but Twilight Sparkle normal, with her friends and books and “Spike!” The young dragon jumped as he opened the door to the room Twilight was in causing her to giggle.

“What is it Twilight? Is something wrong?”

“No, I was just thinking about you and then here you were.”

“I was just coming to let you know your friends are all ready to go down to the train station, the emissary from Unicornia is suppose to arrive on the next train ya know.” Spike absently popped a few rough low quality gem stones that had been sitting in a bowl on one of the low tables into his mouth “ yew woulnd't” gulp “want to be late would you?”

Twilight magically wiped the dust off his lips with a napkin and nudged him with her snout “No your right, I don't want to be late, and I guess its part of my duties now as a Princess to greet foreign Ambassadors.”

“especially ones coming to meet you!”

Twilight really wished he hadn't brought that up, as if she needed to be more nervous! At least her friends were going with her on this one, she really wasn't ready to do any of these sort of things by herself. When she got down to the station she was glad to see her friends dressed in what could only be new dresses Rarity had made, though Apple Jack's was more of an out fit then a dress, it seemed she was wearing trousers made of a fine green material with a cut-out for her cutie mark, with a vest, and was that a new hat? It looked almost identical to her old one only the band was rimmed in gold filigree. Rarity was dressed in a filmy airy blue concoction with delicate purple sparkles that shimmered as she moved, Fluttershy has in a delicate pink that seemed to float down her back and sides, Pinky Pie was in a collared dress festooned with ribbons and lace, and Rainbow dash was dazzling in a bright sky blue number, only when she moved Twilight realized that the outfit shimmered with a rainbow of hues, which almost distracted her from being pleasantly surprised to see Princess Celestia.
“Princess!” She greeted happily “I didn't know you were coming to greet the Ambassador from Unicornia as well.”

“Princess Twilight, While I don't greet every Ambassador at the train station, I felt that I should greet this one, as you may know our relationship with them has been tenuous at best, for several years now they have not sent any representatives to Equestria, and now not only are then sending an Ambassador, but I am reliably informed that the Ambassador is Prince Gallant Heart. I hope that meeting him with you will let Unicornia know that we see them as an important neighbor, and perhaps we can become better allies.”

“I understand Princess Celestia-”

“Oooo we should TOTALLY throw a welcome to Equestria Party!” interrupted Pinkie Pie “If only I had thought about this before! I wonder what cake he likes? Oh and balloons! Eeeee!”

“You could throw them a party while they're here sugarcube.” suggested Apple Jack calming the bouncing Pinkie “But I think right now we best be a little more formal like, on our best behavior for meeting them.”

“Well I for one can't wait to see what they are wearing.” Rarity said, flicking her hair back. “I do hope they can appreciate these outfits, even if Pinkie Pie's bouncing has disheveled her dress. You however look fabulous my dear, even if I do say so myself.” Twilight was wearing one of rarities dresses as well, She had been so pleased with it as while it worked for formal occasions the color almost perfectly matched Twilight coat, ad only the gold edging around the hems and cutie mark cut-out gave it away, well that and the delicate swoop of the skirt along her flank. It was formal without being over the top like some of Rarities designs, and she knew that the apparent simplicity was part of the dress' impressive design.

“Thank you Rarity.” really you have no idea the intricate dresses the royal seamstress tried to press on me.

It wasn't long before everyone settle back down before the sound of an approaching train could be heard. Twilight felt butterflies stirring in her chest and she put her hoof to her chest and breathed out just like Cadence had taught her. Feeling herself calming, she turned to watch the passengers disembarking.

From the last large Compartment came the Ambassador and his Entourage. Prince Gallant Heart was accompanied by a Dark Black Unicorn station wearing what looked to be practical armor, the armor was tight fitted to the head and hid the color of the stalions forlocks, and covered his flank includin his cutie mark, Only his black horn aand hooves and almost sparkly black tail could be seen. The Prince himself was attired in a heavy blue cloak with the sigil of Unicornia emblazoned upon it; Three Unicorn horns touching at the tips with an aura of magic emanating.

“Greetings Princess Celestia and Princess Twilight Sparkle, May I present His Royal Prince Gallant Heart” Announced the black Unicorn stallion “Heir to the Throne of Unicornia” The Unicorn then bowed and the Prince inclined his head

Princess Celestia discreetly nudged Twilight and the nodded their heads in accord “Welcome Prince Gallant Heart and members of his diplomatic council to Equestria, we are delighted to invite you to stay with us, and hope to improve the friendship of our two nations” Twilight said, hoping she didn't sound too nervous. She was relieved when Princess Celestia took over and invited them up to an informal dinner before they retired to the Ambassadorial suites in the castle.

Author's Note:

I proof read this a couple times so hopefully everything is spelled right. I hope you enjoy :)