• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 1,805 Views, 25 Comments

Clouds and Bunnies - RachWrites



After a tragedy, Fluttershy is depressed her friends help her find the beast who killed Angel and they're discovery is horrifying

  • ...
8
 25
 1,805

The Sweetness of Friendship

Fluttershy was going to get through, she had to for her friend's sake. They were all worried about her she kept telling them "I'm fine really." but she wasn't. She was a wreck her mind was changing for the worse, depressing thoughts turned around in here head like it was all her fault and not the Timber-Wolf's which she knew now was what had chomped on poor Angel.

She trembled inside it had been a week and she was sleepy, and hungry. She hadn't been able to eat for a couple of days or was it more? She lost track after blacking out a few times, she knew she was getting skinny and she hated it. She used to have a rather appealing body but now she just looked skinny and runtish like a filly who was growing too fast.

She sighed as she brushed her hair and looked in the mirror her self-image was getting worse by the day and she hadn't really noticed until now. She didn't like all the bad attention she was getting from on-lookers either. Ponies she didn't even know were staring, pitying her and making side remarks to their friends.

She grunted as she headed out the door her friends wanted to have a little meeting with her for what she had no idea.

She made it to Twilight's house and knocked weakly on the door, her strength had all but vanished in the week she hadn't eaten she figured it would. She wasn't very strong before this happened. Twilight answered the door and smiled kindly at Fluttershy,
"Flutters! Your here, come in come in! Spike! Can you get us some beverages please?" She asked Spike her number one assistant and baby dragon. "bev-beverages?" Spike muttered, Twilight rolled her eyes.
"Drinks Spike!" Twilight snapped.
Spike jumped.
"Oh yeah! Sure! Hi Fluttershy!" She nodded and smiled at him.

Spike ran into the kitchen and the two mares went to the living room and Fluttershy saw all her friends, she frowned there was going to be a lot of "I'm fine, thanks" thrown around today.

Rainbow Dash was the first to get up and hug her, the cyan mare smiled meekly at Fluttershy and she felt guilty she hadn't said a word about this incident she left that to her other friends if she told Rainbow she would be anything but 'fine'

The Elements of Harmony sat, feeling awkward, Pinkie Pie was even serious for a change. She noted that almost never happened this must be serious. She coughed and every pony looked up in alarm. They weren't even looking at her, she grimaced.


"Look, everyone I'm glad you set up this meeting for me and all but." She started shyly, she never liked starting the conversation especially the serious ones. Her friends eyed her, the yellow pegasus looked down sadly.

"I know you've been sad, Fluttershy but you've got to get out of this funk somehow." Twilight said as she put her arm on her shoulder and she shrugged it off, Twilight frowned sadden. Fluttershy smiled meekly, "I'm not in a funk Twilight." She tried and her eyes started watering as her friends looked at her suspiciously.

The tears started to flow when she saw Pinkie Pie crying "Oh Fluttershy! I'm so sorry! I should've helped you take care of Angel I know he likes me!" She wailed and Rainbow put her arm around her the pink pony's mane deflated making it straight.

"Oh P-Pinkie it's not your fault, h-he was my responsibility." She sobbed as Twilight rubbed her back. Rainbow Dash got up and hugged Pinkie who wouldn't stop crying no matter what the others did.
"See what your making us feel Fluttershy?" Twilight asked softly, she nodded and put her arms around her friend.

The ponies were all crying as Spike re-entered the living room carrying drinks.

"Is this a bad time, Twi?" He asked and she shook her head as he put the drinks down on the floor the baby dragon didn't quite understand what was happening but he knew something awful happened to Fluttershy recently so he sat down with Twilight and tried to be sad with the others.

"Oh Fluttershy, y-you've even g-got Rainbow crying." Rarity noticed and she nodded towards the sniffling Rainbow. Rainbow shook her mane and sighed.

"I just can't help it! When you guys all start, then I start!" Rainbow cried as she flung her front hooves in the air. The ponies giggled a little and they all started wiping their eyes. Fluttershy got up and hugged Rainbow Dash.

"Girls I'm so, so sorry for this. I've just been so sad lately and I didn't know how to tell you." She sniffed as she apologized and wiped her eyes some more. The girls all nodded they understood her! Fluttershy felt a little bit better. She smiled a little as Pinkie's hair poof-ed back. Pinkie rushed up to her and gave her a huge Pinkie Pie hug, those were the best. She smiled into her friends shoulder and a single tear of happiness washed down her face.