• Published 22nd Feb 2012
  • 1,493 Views, 7 Comments

Daring-Do and the Griffon's Goblet - Creative Charmer



Daring-Do goes on a quest to locate a precious goblet from a greedy griffon.

  • ...
2
 7
 1,493

Chapter 5

Daring-Do was getting tired and incredibly hot. She had been waiting hours in the hot sun for Griison to exit the mountain, but she had not heard a single sound nor has she seen any sign of Griison.

"This is getting ridiculous!" Daring shouted in frustration as she sat up. "I've been waiting here for hours, and I haven't seen head or tail of Griison!" Daring groaned in frustration, and then she went over to the edge of the ledge and peered underneath it to look at the door. "Griison must not leave the mountain that often," she lifted her head back up. "I guess it's my luck that he doesn't come out when I want him to," Daring slumped down on her bottom and sighed. She looked at the sun, and could see it was getting close to sunset. "I guess there's no use waiting now, since I doubt he leaves at night," Daring laid herself down on the ledge. "So I should just get some sleep so I won't be tired while I infiltrate the mountain," Daring yawned, and she soon fell fast asleep.

Daring-Do's eyes opened. She looked all around, and could not see Griifious Mountain, or even the valley. Everything was dark, and Daring seemed to be floating in the darkness. "Where am I? What is this place?"

As Daring looked around, she suddenly saw a flash of light out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head, and was shocked to see that Griison's goblet was floating in a beam of light a short distance away from her! "The goblet!" Daring said, overjoyed. She then quickly flew over to the goblet and grabbed it. Right when she pulled the goblet out of the beam of light, she suddenly heard a loud voice in front of her.

"Hey!!" Daring looked, and saw a darkened Griison flying towards her! Daring looked terrified at the sight of him. "What do you think you're doing with my goblet?" he asked with anger as he stopped in front of Daring-Do.

Daring quickly changed her expression to show she wasn't scared of Griison. "I'm taking it!" she shouted back at him.

"You dare steal my grandfather's beloved goblet?"

"W...well," Daring thought back to how she had felt that stealing the goblet was wrong, but quickly changed her mind. "You don't deserve to have it! Not after all you've done to the ponies who live around this mountain!"

"You think just because I'm not nice to those ponies you can just steal my sacred family relics?? You're just a thief!" he shouted as he pointed at Daring.

"No! No I'm not!" Daring shouted back. "It's not wrong to steal things from evil people!"

"Yes it is! You're a thief! A thief!" Griison's words echoed all around Daring-Do.

Daring clutched the goblet firmly. She started looking scared again as she looked around her. Multiple Griison's appeared all around her, calling her a thief. She kept saying she wasn't a thief, but the Griison's would not relent calling her a thief. They kept on doing it as they got closer to her, surrounding her more and more. Daring looked more scared than ever as she shut her eyes tight. The Griison's got closer to her, and closer, and closer, and then...!

Daring-Do was abruptly awakened by the sound of metal clanking. It was late morning, as the sun was still low in the sky. Daring was still a bit freaked out from the dream, so she didn't know what was going on at first. When Daring finally got herself together, she realized what the sound was and gasped. "Griison!" she shouted. "He's coming!" she shouted in a more quiet tone. Daring quickly grabbed the rock she found yesterday and flew to the left side of the ledge and made sure she stayed hidden from view. Daring waited anxiously for the door to open completely. When Daring heard the sound of the door stopping, and when there was absolute silence, she very quickly threw her rock to the opposite side of the ledge. Before Griison could step through the doorway, he heard the sound of the rock hitting the ledge. Feeling suspicious, Griison walked out of the doorway without closing the door and flew to the side of the ledge that was opposite of where Daring was. Right when he flew up, Daring quickly and quietly flew down and through the doorway, being careful as to not make a sound. After she flew inside, Daring-Do pressed her back flat against a wall that was out of view of the doorway. She waited quietly for Griison to close the door so she could move further into the mountain.

Outside, Griison had looked all around the ledge, and he had looked out at the surrounding area for any sign of movement, but he saw nobody. Griison decided that it was nothing, so he flew back to his doorway, grabbed the bottom of the door, and pulled the door downwards, letting go of the door right before it shut completely. He then turned around and flew off into the valley, unknowing of Daring's intrusion in his mountain.