• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 1,560 Views, 63 Comments

Apples and rainbows - FinnPony



What happens when Applejack and Rainbow Dash start looking for the mystery mare who is dating with AJ's brother Big Macintosh?

  • ...
9
 63
 1,560

Blue apple

Celestia's sun was shining over the Sweet Apple Acres, making the morning mist glitter like gold. Apples were fully grown now. Red ones were on the east fields and green ones on the west fields. Morning was completely silent, but soon the silence was broken by loud thuds among the apple trees.

Applejack was bucking the trees. She walked to one and did her signature move: Turning around quickly and kicking the tree, causing every single apple fall from a tree to baskets, which she had put under the trees in advance. Applejack puffed in anger while she moved from tree to tree. Her brother had slipped out to town to see his date, AGAIN. It was third time this week, and it was Tuesday! He wasn't slacking from his job however, he always went to see her on his breaks.

"Darn brother of mine... He's always with that mare of his. He should just tell me who the hay she is so I can get peace. Is he ashamed or something? Or is he just teasing me? Oh, shouldn't think so much while angry."

"The hay with him," Applejack murmured while kicking the next tree. She had tried to spy on Big Macintosh for a week now, but he always seemed to know what Applejack was up to. One time she almost caught him, but Pinkie Pie messed everything up.

Just as she was going to go to next part of the field, she saw her Big Brother trotting towards her with a cart attached to him. Applejack looked at the morning sun. Clock must be somewhere around half nine. Big Macintosh was in time.
He had a small smile on his lips, that made AJ even more madder at him. Big Mac stopped next to his sister and detached himself from the cart. "G'mornin sis," Big Mac said.
AJ narrowed her eyes and looked at her big brother saying: "It's mighty fine morning alright. Say, how did yar date go?"
"It was good," Big Mac said while picking up the first basket of apples with his teeth.
"Good, eh?"
"Eeyep," he replied and lifted another basket on the cart.
AJ noticed something on Big Mac's neck, right behind his ear. Something slightly pink. "What's that?" she asked.
"What?"
"That on yar neck," AJ said while leaning closer towards his brothers neck. It was clearly a lipstick stain. And what was this aroma? Like flowers or something.
"Somepony's been making out!" Applejack said with a grin, hitting his brother playfully on the shoulder.
"Ah.. urm.." Big Macintosh muttered with his face red from shame.
"Ya know Mac, Ya can tell yar sister," She said with a sly smile on her face.
"Nnope."
"Darn, well Ah tried."

Big Macintosh loaded up her cart and started walking down the hill towards the farm. Applejack watched him as he unloaded the cart inside the barn. Applejack sat down on her hind legs and moved her hat on back of her head. AJ saw Big Macintosh wash his face and neck before starting to make his way back to the fields. As Applejack watched her brother, she felt something inside her.
Maybe it was jealousy.
Big Macintosh had found special somepony before her, she even had noticed that Apple Bloom had something going on with that Pipsqueak. She was the only one in the apple family who hadn't found a special somepony.

Well there was one pony but...

She shook her head to clear it.

"Where did that thought come from? I don't think she is attractive or anything. Nope. Totally not."

Big Macintosh came and started to load more baskets to the cart.
"Why are ya not telling me who she is? Ah mean were siblings for Celestia's sake!" Applejack pleaded.
"Sorry Applejack, Ah just can't tell ya yet," Mac said lifting new basket with his teeth.
"Oh Ah wont tell nopony about her!"
"No Applejack, Ah wont tell ya yet. I'll make sure yar the first one to know after she's ready."
AJ started to feel angry at her brother again. With a loud "hmph" she left to buck more trees.

Her angry mood soon melted away as she trotted through the beautiful apple trees in the sunny morning. Weather team had planned a good weather for the week. Perfect for apple bucking.
"Rainbow Dash surely has done pretty dandy work," Applejack said. AJ freezed for a moment when she realized that her mind was set on a her friend again.

"Oh for crying out loud... I need something else to think about, like who is Big Mac's mysterious marefriend. Yeah, that will do for now.

Applejack started to look around. She wanted to find smaller trees to start from. She wanted to save the biggest for the last. While looking around, her mind was racing:

"Who could it be? One of my friends? Pinkie Pie is not an option. Rarity? I doubt it. Twilight? Why not? Fluttershy is too shy to go out with anypony, poor little thing. Rainbow Dash? I hope not... I hope not? Why do I hope that? Like I care? Right?"

"Ugh! Ah gonna get crazy!" she shouted to no-one. She quickly pick a tree which looked like a little thinner than the other ones. It was a perfect. She inhaled some fresh air and was ready to go. In a quick, smooth motion she turned around and planted a solid kick right in the middle of tree's trunk. She heard a shriek and a loud thud behind her. She turned around and saw familiar blue colored pegasus.

"Rainbow Dash?"

"Yep. That's me," pegasus replied with a awkward smile on her face.

Author's Note:

Probably full of grammatical errors, but I'll fix them up as soon as they turn up.