• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 1,557 Views, 63 Comments

Apples and rainbows - FinnPony



What happens when Applejack and Rainbow Dash start looking for the mystery mare who is dating with AJ's brother Big Macintosh?

  • ...
9
 63
 1,557

Pinkie Pie

Applejack watched as her friend flew down from her cloud house. Rainbow was coming towards Applejack, when she stopped and hit her face with her hoof. She turned around and flew back to her house and did something at the door. After finishing whatever she did there, Rainbow flew back to AJ and landed next to her smoothly.
"What did ya do there," Aj asked.
"I forgot to lock the door," Rainbow answered. AJ gave her a confused look. "Yeah, It's not like yar house is fifteen meters up from the ground or anything," she said smiling. Rainbow looked at her with a expression that said 'Are you kidding me?'
"Did you know that some ponies have wings?" she said and opened her wings and waved them in front of AJ.
"A'right partner. Ah'm just not used to look at things from pegasus's point of view," Applejack said and started walking towards the town. Rainbow soon trotted next to her.
"So..." Rainbow started.
"So what?" Applejack asked.
"So where are we going first?"
"Ah was thinking of Pinkie Pie, then we could go to visit Rarity and then we can go to see Fluttershy," Applejack said to Rainbow.
"That sounds like a plan," Rainbow answered with a nod.

They walked on a gravel road over hilly landscape. They could see Ponyville getting bigger every time they got on the top of the hill. AJ saw that Rainbow wasn't used to walking. She seemed really bored.

"Hey Rainbow, Ya don't look like you walk a lot, am Ah right?" AJ said suddenly. Rainbow looked at her and said: "Yeah, so? I can't understand why any pegasus would walk? This is so Boring!"
"Ah think walking would be good for that belly of yours," Applejack said teasingly. Rainbow looked shocked "Are you saying that I'm fat?"
"Ah'm just saying that ya would need some exercise," AJ said now almost laughing at Rainbow's expression.
"I could beat you in running at anytime!"

This is what Applejack had planned. They were almost at the town, in fact they could she could see the bridge to the town already. She put a sly smile on her face and said: "Can ya prove it?"
"What do you have in mind," Rainbow said looking at AJ.
"Ya see that bridge over there? Ah bet Ah get there before ya do," AJ said.
Rainbow narrowed her eyes and said: "Oh it so on!"

The two ponies started running towards the bridge at full speed. They passed ponies that were coming from the town to spend the sunny day on a on nearby fields. They were about halfway there, when Rainbow began to fall behind. AJ was was sure of her victory. She was almost at the bridge, when something flashed past her. AJ saw only rainbow colored shade speed past her. "Hey! stop cheating!" Applejack shouted. Rainbow turned her head to see AJ. Rainbow had a mean grin on her face and shouted: "No one said I can't use my wings!" Applejack knew this is going to end badly. She saw how someone got right in front of Rainbow Dash. They crashed and both ponies flew couple of meters backwards. AJ trotted over, to see if they were okay.

Applejack found Rainbow Dash lying on the ground, looking a bit ashamed. Pink Pony next to her instead was laughing and rolling on the ground. "Oh that was fun!" Pinkie Pie said and turned around to see Rainbow. "Rainbow Dash, we gotta stop meeting like this! Oh hi Applejack. We haven't seen like in ages!"
"Hi Pinkie, are ya alright?" Applejack said. Pinkie made a quick check: "Hooves ok, flanks ok, tummy ok, head... head! I can't see if my head is ok!" Pinkie started waving her hooves around in panic.
"Your heads alright Pinkie." Rainbow said.
"Okie dokie lokie! Everything's ok," Pinkie Pie said.
"How about ya, daredevil?" Applejack asked Rainbow Dash.
Rainbow stood up and shook the dust from her coat. After that she said: "I'm fine. Sorry Pinkie Pie."
"No problemo!" Pinkie said, still sitting on the ground. Applejack offered a hoof to help Pinkie get up. "We were actually just coming to see ya," AJ said while lifting Pinkie up. "Why? Ooh! Are you having a party? Is that why you wanted to see me? I'm really good at arranging parties!" Pinkie Pie started to blabber.
"Pinkie! We just wanted to meet the you girls again. It's been almost two weeks since we saw each other," Rainbow said to stop Pinkie Pie's endless flood of words.
"Okay. That's nice too," Pinkie said smiling.
"So how's it going here in the town?" Applejack asked.
"You know, usual stuff like parties and... Well parties."
"Have ya seen Rarity or Fluttershy around the town?"
"I saw Fluttershy today. She was at the town square, but I haven't seen Rarity since the sleepover," Pinkie said to AJ.
"Where were you going by the way," Rainbow asked.
"I was going to the park, there's usually something fun to do. Wanna come with me? " Pinkie asked.
"Sorry Pinkie, we are going to see if Rarity's at the Carousel Boutique," Rainbow said.
"Okie Dokie! See you around!"
AJ remembered one thing and asked Pinkie Pie before she could leave: "Hey Pinkie, Have ya seen Big Mac around the town with anypony?" Pinkie held her chin with her hoof trying to remember. "I saw him with Caramel one day."
"No, Ah mean with a filly," AJ said.
"Oh. Ooh! I didn't know he had a marefriend! Who is she?"
"We don't know, he won't tell us," Rainbow said to the pink mare.
"Well tell me when you find out, so I can throw them a 'You found a special somepony' party!" Pinkie Pie said, jumping around excitedly.
"We will, See ya Pinkie Pie!"
"Bye!"

AJ and Rainbow Dash watched as the party pony hopped away towards the park. Applejack then watched at Rainbow and asked: "Is it just me, or is that pony just plain crazy?"
"She's just Pinkie Pie," Rainbow said smiling. They looked around them. AJ saw that there was some sort of market going on at the town square. "There's something going on over there, wanna go take look?" AJ asked from Rainbow.
"Sure, I bet Rarity is still working so we have plenty of time to go."
With that, they left to the market.

Author's Note:

This was a dull chapter, I promise I start writing more about their relationship in next chapter. I PROMISE!