• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 632 Views, 28 Comments

The Lunar War - Hydran



Twilight finds an old book, Celestia has some hidden secrets, the book contains more answers then Twilight could ever hope for.

  • ...
1
 28
 632

Plans

Celestia lay broken on the floor. Some of her bones jutting out from various points on her body. Weak from the recent assault on her body she couldn't cast her magic to get help.

Celestia was in Luna's room for what felt like hours. Eventually she heard voices outside the door.

Summoning all her energy she yelled for help as loud as she could and passed out on the floor.

The guards walking by heard somepony yell for help and quickly tried to determine where the cry for help came from. They quickly decided it must be from Luna's room and burst through the door to find Celestia passed out on the floor partly skinned with severe cuts and bones sticking out in some spots.

"Sweet Celestia!" exclaimed the shocked guards in unison.

"I'll go find one of the nurse ponies!"

"I'll stay here and keep watch!" shouted the other guard to his friend who was now speeding away to get help.

The guard was rushing to the medical ward where he knew he would find the help he is looking for. He found the door to the ward and burst into the room screaming for a nurse.

"what is it?!" exclaimed one of the surprised nurses.

"The princess requires your assistance immediately!"
---------------

The guard kept a close watch on his surroundings. He could see every little movement in the room. He noticed a small jump in the corner of his eye and assumed it was just the shadows playing tricks on him.

He heard a small groan from behind him and turned around to see that Celestia was starting to come to. Celestia gave another small groan which confirmed what he thought.

Celestia looked up for a moment and saw the guard standing in front of her ready to strike down anything that dares to impose apon Celestia in her current state.

Both Celestia and the guard look towards the door as a nurse pony walks in. "Sweet Celestia what happened!"

"I'm not sure myself, I heard a cry for help and when I came in I found her here like she is. Can you help her?"

The mare carefully looks Celestia over not missing the smallest detail of her injurys. The nurse casts a mending spell on Celestia and slowly begins to heal her wounds. Hours pass before her wounds are finally healed.

Celestia finally able to get up and walk around gets up off the ground and walks around for a moment so that she can get used to the feel of her repaired legs. "Princess, what happened." questions the guard.

Celestia frowns remembering what she just went through. "Luna attacked me."

"Thats terrible!" Exclaimed the nurse pony. "Why would Luna do such an awful thing to you?"

"When Luna attacked me she said she was going to show me all the pain she endured over the years from being shadowed by me. She felt resentment towards me and the sun and told me that she would never lower the moon for the day to come."

"Is there any way for you to rai-" the nurse never got to finish as she was interrupted by Crested Shield.

"Your highness!, are you okay?"

"Yes Crested Shield, I am."

"Good. Princess, meet me in the planning room. We have things to discuss."
-------------------------------------

"You cannot be serious! This is my sister we are talking about!"

"Princess, she brutally assaulted and mutilated you, she refuses to lower the moon, and ponies have been disappearing and all leads point to Nightmare Moon! We must goto war with her if we are to have hope for a brighter future!"

"Crested Shield!, you may be captain of the royal guard, but I will not agree to goto war against my own sister!"

"Then what do you propose we do Celestia! We are out of options!"

"Capture her is what I am proposing."

"She mutilated you and you expect the royal guard to simply catch her! Celestia I am truly sorry, but we are out of options here. War is the only option!"
-------------------------------------

In the darkest regions of equestria an army is being created.

Nightmare Moon has already recruited hundreds of ponies to combat her sisters' empire.

Drawing power from dark magic Nightmare Moon has cast a spell over her soldiers that protects them from magic cast by anypony loyal to Celestia. Knowing Celestia had a bigger army Nightmare Moon knew this would even the playing field.

Nightmare Moon was building small fortresses surrounding the castle, casting spells on each one to protect them from ponies not loyal to her.

"Everything is going according to plan Nightreign. Soon the fortresses will all be complete, the army will be small but powerful, and I will topple Celestia's mighty empire!"

"The war will be swift Nightmare. We will quickly topple the empire. We will rule equestria when this is over."
-------------------------------------
Twilight Sparkle looked up from the book to see that it was very late. She was currently still recovering from the vivid memories of her teacher's night of torture.

Twilight carefully hid the book so that nopony would find it and went to bed without a second thought about how things could go in the morning.

Author's Note:

A bit shorter then my usual 1000+ words, but I thought this one didn't need to be quite that long.