• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 2,024 Views, 32 Comments

Exiled - EquestrianBros



A group of exiled changeling, get sent to the Everfree and told to never return. They grow and mature under their own guidance. See the secrets to their past and follow them into the future. Will it bring them closer to their dreams of acceptance?

  • ...
4
 32
 2,024

Finding something unexpected

The sun pierces through the blinds and hits Apple bloom's eyes with a vengeance. The little fillies eyelids are no match for Celestia's pride and joy, so reluctantly, rises from bed to get through her daily chores. A short trip to brush her teeth and mane, place her bow just right, and she was down stairs to start feeding the chickens. The house wasn't particularly lively at this hour, mainly because it was still mostly dark out, but for some un-godly reason the sun had to flow into her room before anyone else's. So she was stuck doing her chores before anyone else in her family rejoined her from the land of dreams. The bags of feed wern't the huge, ganna break your back if you even try to lift me baggs, but they had a decent weight to them. Anyways, she had finished her job right about the time a familiar purple unicorn had cleared the hill to the house.

"Hello, Twilight. Whacha doin here so early?" Apple bloom asked. It was after all just day-break. Usually her family is the only one up this early.

"I have something really important to talk to AJ about and it can't wait any longer." Twilight responded with a sense of urgency subtlety place under a tone of care, but none the less Apple Bloom caught it.

"I'll go wake her." Apple bloom then darted towards the door and right as she found herself at the doormat, it swung open and low and behold, there was AJ.

"Welp, time to get started on the......Twi your up early." AJ said finally taking notice to Twilight.

"I have some information and a plan about our current "predicament"." Using plenty of emphases on predicament.

The two mares make their way over to the barn to continue their conversation in private, but curiosity is a painfull thing if not sated, so the filly slowly creaped towards the barn and caugh the ending of their conversation

".........but Twi I don't think that's the best of ideas. I mean letting it go after you caught it. Seems like a wasted effort to me."

"That's just it though, if we let the bird in the hoof go, it'll lead us to the ones in the right bush. I'll just put a simple tacking spell on him before we release him and then we will follow. It'll take us right to the hive."

"If you say so Twi, so when did you want to do this?"

"Now if you were able. The sooner the better."

"I guess, we are ahead of schedual for this seasons harvest thanks to Dashes storm slip-up. The extra rain did wonders for the apples."

"Great, then lets set off." Apple Bloom took this as her hint to scramble back to feeding the chickens. The two exit the barn, one looking worried and the other looking determined, but she didn't expect them to be worn by their current representatives. Usually her sister is the determined one.

"Oh and Apple Bloom, I'm not going to be here for a day or two so stay out of trouble. Do your normal chores and you'll be free for the weekend. Just make sure to tell Big Mac once you see him." Before she could respond, the two mares where gone in a flash of light.

"Well shucks." She finished off emptying the bag into on big pile and headed towards The Carousel Boutique to see if Sweety wanted to go crusadin. The apple trees passed by slowly, but eventually passed to a wooden picket fence, then just to a dirt path in the middle of a field. She could see the Boutique from the little bridge leading into town and hurried up the pace, only to get decked by a small orange coated, purple manes pegasus going a little over the metaphorical speed limit. They actually had speed limits in town, but that was excused for pegasi. Even if they were on the ground, with a shiny blue scooter.

"Hey Apple Bloom, watcha doin?" She asked with a sheepish smile the soon dissolved into a sly grin.

"I WAS going to Sweety Bells house, until a little somepony decided to run me over." Apple Bloom never once breaking eye contact.

"Funny thing to. I was just heading over there. It's kinda iro......ironi......ironic. Yeah that's the word."

So after the two dusted themselves of and a quick apology, they set off towards that really, really weird shop. I mean its a carousel that have horse-I mean ponies on them. Does that mean that the ponies ride other ponies? I'm just pondering going to the FAIR one day and seeing all the horses replaced with humans. Then how many people would get on, besides that one guy who you shield your daughter from. Anyways, I'm getting side tract, so back to the story.

They knocked on the door, but found it slightly ajar. Taking this as an invitation into the house, they entered slowly taking in the scene. Half of the dresses on the mannequins were floating in the air towards an already over stuffed suitcase. The unicorn responsible had a stark white mane and a deep purple mane contrasting ever so perfectly. Upon her flank rested a trio of diamonds, that seemingly added to the contrast of her mane.

"Rarity is this really necessary. Were only going to be gone for two days at most, and besides you really want to bring all these nice clothes into the forest where they could get," she waved for the white unicorn to come closer.

"Go on Twilight." She responded now almost touching her. A grin split from both sides of Twilight's mouth as she whispered "Dirty," and that was all that was need for Rarity to pull that overly dramatic faint, on a couch that seemingly appears out of nowhere.

"I guess you're right darling. I'll only bring the necessities." The clothing floating around the room now returned to their proper places, aswell as half of the bagg's contents. It was still pretty full however.

"I guess that'll have to do. Anyways ready?" Twilight said already charging up her horn.

"Just a sec. Sweety Bell remember not to get into trouble. Oh and also remember to stay out of my 'Inspiration' room, and also remember to wash Opal Essence twic-" She was suddenly cut off by a bright purple flash then she was gone.

"Well that was strange?" Scootaloo said.

"Hey girls." A small white filly with a purple and pink blended mane says from the top of the stairs.

"Hey Sweety Bell," The others say in unison followed by, "You want to go crusading?"

"Sure. What do you want to do this time? How bout cave exploration?" Sweety says in an adorable high pitched voice.

"Actually, lets follow your sisters and see what their up too? Maybe we can get our cutie marks in stealth or something." Scootaloo adds while looking a bit impatient. The others put hoof up to their chin in though before everyone yells together "CUTIE MARK CRUSADER FOLLOWERS."

Yes I know that wasn't a very creative saying, I didn't wan't to say cutie mark crusade stealthy followers, because that sounds wrong for children to say. So just deal with it for now. It'll get better and this is important for the plot. So where was I, ahh yes. Screen slide animation to the Golden Oaks Library.

A black entity ran like a bat out of Tartarus. In a matter of seconds it was at the edge of town, and then deep into the forest. The six gathered around seemed shocked at the sheer speed from it.

"Wow he looked like he could even beat Dashy in a race." The pink fur ball of over powered sugar states while pulling out binoculars, from hammer space, to watch.

"No way a creep like that thing could beat," Strike dramatic pose in 3...2...1, "The fastest flyer in Equestria!"

"I guess your right. Hey who want's a 'Dashy is still the fastest flyer in Equestria' cupcake." Pinky asks, while yet again pulling the cupcakes out of hammer space.

"Not now Pinky. Were going to be following after him in half an hour, so make sure your ready to move by then." Twilight says as she packs some quills, ink, parchment, and other supply's they may need.

In the background they all hear a small voice, had it not been for the silence, it would have gone by without being noticed, "Do we all really need to go into the forest. I mean I could stay back....if that's OK with you."

"As much as I would like to take all my friends, you don't have to come along if you don't want to Fluttershy. I hate to drag you out of your comfort zone again." Twilight answered with the clear intent of using revers psychology to get her to change her mind, but much to her surprise all that was left was a dust cloud shaped like Fluttershy.

"*sigh* I guess it'll be just us then." Twilight says after facehoofing at the realization that Fluttershy really didn't want to go into those woods, and she should have known that. "We should get going now, hes had a pretty good head start. Now remember, I'm going to cast an invisibility spell on us once we get there, and I won't be able to hold it for long so stay close."

After getting a nod confirming that they understood, they set out towards the Everfree forest. Unbeknownst to them, a small group of fillies followed closely from bush to bush.

The Everfree forest had this divider in between itself and the rest of Equestria. It was like the own land lad forsaken itself and receded or something. The group of ponies eyed the gap wearily, before Twilight took the first step and entered the forest. The rest followed, but their was a distinct eeriness in the air that seemed to silence them all, without actually doing anything to them. Even the fillies fell silent, either in aww or fear of the forest. Who am I kidding, they all fell silent in fear.

It took until sundown before they came to a clearing, and it certainty wasn't what they were expecting. They were expecting a hive or at least a cave they dwelled in, but instead there was a ton of wooden houses built into the trees and along the ground. Plus in this part of the forest, it was a clearing with woods all around, so the sun was seen clearly.

"Um, Twi. I thought that fancy tracker was sopost to lead us to it." Apple jack said looking weirdly at the village.

"It was." Twi then looks at a map she retrieved from her saddle bag. "That's weird, this isn't on the map. Keep a look out. The spell isn't completely accurate, but it should be within a quarter mile of here." The group then spread out searching the village for any signs of the changeling or for life in that case. The place was like a ghost town, with the doors open, shutters banging in the wind. Even a tumble weed blew by for no reason. As an old childhood idol once said "This is Spooksville."

While the five mares looked for the changeling, the fillies followed the more direct path and went strait down the dirt road. Surprisingly, none of the mare noticed the fillies heading toward the fountain in the center of town. It was a simple auqafer that spout out water keeped inside by some cobblestone walling and trailed down some trenches to what was a supposed farm. Out on the rim of the fountain was a journal the fillies noticed.

"Hey what's that?" Apple Bloom said as she approached the book.

"I think it's a diary of some kind. My sister has one she draws funny things in." Sweety said looking over the cover, "Property of Shadow Spot."

"You think he would mind if we read it?" Scootaloo said trying to pry the book from the others, to no avail.

"Yes he would mind. Its his priv-ohh what fell out?" Sweety said only to get distracted by a slip of paper falling out. "Wounder what is says?"

"Well don't hog it, just read it already!" Scootaloo said getting clearly impatient. The note read:


To anyone willing to listen,

If you happen to find this feel free to read it, but please deliver this note and the journal attached to the Great Oaks library in ponyville. I write this in haste because they're coming for us and there isn't much time left. Anyways your probably wondering what this is all about and ill try my best to tell you. See, me and my friends had been outcast from our home as long as we can remember and found a little piece of heaven within the forest you find this letter.

Anyways, we carved a place for ourselves here and were contempt, but still the curiosity of what could lie outside it lingered. Until one day my dear friend Flickering Image decided he would venture out. Now being his friend I offered to journey with him into the unknown. So after a day of good-byes and hugs with loved ones, we set off North, bringing only our courage and my journal. It was a harsh trek, but eventually by sundown we found a well worn path. To us, that brought a feeling of.......I guess anxious would be the right term.

Anyways, we didn't wan't to be tired once we meet the end of this trail, so we made a small camp for the night. Eventually sun came and our journey continued. By mid day we had reached the edge of the forest and meet a view of a vast plain. It was pretty serine and comforting, but there was something in the distance. A town by the looks of it, and we leaped out in joy. Our journey wasn't a wasted trip and now there were others. I ran to the town with my friend, eager to see what they had and who may live there.

As we walked through town however, we got nothing but fearful looks, screams of terror and a mob of angry looking ponies. I hadn't seen a pony before then, and I have to say their hostile nature surprised me. So me and Flickering Image tried to run back towards the safety of the forest, but the ponies kept on us. Mainly the purple unicorn and her rainbow maned friend. Despite my best efforts, I was captured by what I presumed were hostile ponies that would bring harm on me and my friends. They "talked" to me hours on end (I wasn't listening past the first few minutes and kept saying 'i won't talk'), asking for the where abouts of my home and other stuff I had no idea about, but I didn't cave in.

Eventually after a week or so, for some reason unknown to me, they finally headed my pleads to be let go and set me free. As soon as those shackles released, I was gone. Running as fast as my legs would carry me, I made it home by nightfall. That's when it dawned on me however, the only reason they would let me go after all of.......that. They probably followed me and now I endangered all my family. So that's where I am now, writing this in haste, so if someone happens to find it I won't just be another being whose story goes untold. I'll be heard from and hopefully saved.

- A confused Blacky

Author's Note:

Well I was thinking of this while listening to "This is Halloween" It's a really good song if anyone wanted to check it out. Oh and just something I felt like saying, when I was using grammar check it thought scootaloo's name was suppose to be Tuscaloosa. I don't know what you think, but I find that pretty damn hilarious because I don't know what or where Tuscaloosa is. Ill give anyone who can tell me who said "This is Spooksville." sneak peaks to the next chapter.