• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 1,628 Views, 51 Comments

DJ Problems - joe mother



Sometimes life just smacks you upside the head. That happened today when life dropped a box that made me trip and fall on my porch. Turns out life didn't just hit me, it bitch-slapped me by giving me a DJ from a kid's cartoon.

  • ...
4
 51
 1,628

How to Explain MLP to Your Pony: For Dummies

I sat down next to Vinyl and sighed.

"Okay," I said. "Okay."

I sighed and placed my head in my hands. A million thoughts raced through my head, fast as lightning.

"Okay," I began. "So, here on this planet, there's a show. It plays on the TV, that thing you used to play video games on. This show is called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It was originally intended for young girls, or, in a pony's case, young fillies. But people who were older, say... young stallions, watched it, and they loved it.

"This led to an internet phenomenon known as bronies, basically bros who liked ponies. The rest of the world either started to hate on them, join them, or be neutral. I am one of them, which explains why I know your name and things about you. You are one of the characters in the show."

Vinyl took all of this and sat still for a moment.

"I'm a character in a show?" she asked. "But... that doesn't make sense! My life in Equestria felt real!"

"I don't if it was real or not," I said, sighing. "I hope it is though. That would be more fucking creepy than this already is."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Vinyl asked. "That seems like something I should know!"

Vinyl was looking borderline hysterics. She was rocking back and forth on the seat, her pupils pinpricks in her eyes. She was taking deep breaths, trying to fight the wave.

"I didn't know how to tell you!" I said, throwing up my arms in a display of safety. "It's not like ponies just fall into my house all the time!"

Vinyl hopped down from my computer chair and started pacing.

"Am I just here because someone loved my character in a show enough to make me real?" she asked, furrowing her brow. "Was my entire discussion with Twilight a lie? Was it just something my head made up? I am here because some idiot gave me fake memories and plopped me down at your house?"

"I don't know," I replied. "You arrived in a box. Why?"

"I was in it after Twilight used the spell to get me here."

I stood still for a moment, trying to come up with some logical explanation for being in a box... as logical as you could get with a pony from a cartoon intended for little girls. Maybe a box was the only way from Equestria to Earth?

My mind went to "My Little Dashie" momentarily, but I quickly pulled away. I sighed and sat down by my computer.

"Maybe boxes are the way into Equestria?" I pondered to Vinyl.

"What makes you think that?" the DJ replied.

"Well," I said. "There's a story by one of the bronies who likes the My Little Pony show, and Rainbow Dash comes to here through a box."

"You things are just bucked up," Vinyl said, shaking her head.

I shrugged and said, "I know."

The DJ looked at my computer.

"So, does this group of 'bronies' do anything other than write stories and ogle over multicolored ponies based off of me and my buds?" she asked.

I smiled mischievously.

"Hell yeah, they do," I said. "Want to see?"

Vinyl nodded, and I cracked my knuckles.

Author's Note:

A short chapter. Sorry.