• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 1,036 Views, 52 Comments

The Tyranny of Princess Celestia - AkemiTheSunbro



Bubble Berry discovers something horrible, and he fights to stop it.

  • ...
8
 52
 1,036

Derpy's Last Night

As Berry proceeded towards the door, it flung open, revealing a bloody Rainbow Dash. "What happened? Are you okay?" Berry asked.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm fine." The cyan mare hastily answered. "You see, I found out you were right. Celestia's a tyrant. In hind sight, I kinda saw this one coming. Anyway, I was attacked, but I flew to Cloudsdale to escape the guards. It's the safest place for pegasi. Unless of course you fail the flying test... Never mind that for now. So, I reach Cloudsdale, just chilling out until this whole thing blows over, then I was attacked by Spitfire and the Wonderbolts! They're in cahoots with Celestia! I didn't want to fight them, since they are- or WERE- my heroes. But I fought them off long enough for me to escape, albeit with a few cuts and bruises. After I escaped, I saw you guys walk in here. But, where are you going now?"

"A few?!?" Berry exclaimed. "You look pretty banged up for just 'a few'... Anyway, Fluttershy and I are going to make an announcement in the center of town. I need you to help gather everypony you can find to town square. Also, two crate-type boxes would be nice."

Rainbow Dash nodded and they all exited Elusive's home. They traveled together into the center of town as Berry showed them where he was going to make his announcement. Before they had split up to gather everyone, they had heard crying. It came from an alleyway not far from town square. Curious, Berry and his friends decided to investigate.

Leaping over rubble and walking around small piles of bodies, they entered the alleyway where the crying came from. A gray mare sat in the center of the alley with her blonde mane covering her eyes, her chest heaving sobs.

"What's wrong?" Berry asked as he drew near.

"It's n-nothing..." The mare replied.

Berry walked over to her. "Hmm. Your wrists are bleeding... You look familiar... Do we know each other?"

The mare replied, "I'm a mail carrier..."

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash interrupted. "I recognize you now! You're Derpy Hooves!"

"Th-that's me." Derpy answered.

"You're the one who dropped that piano on me!" Duskshine accused, referencing that moment in the episode 'Feeling Pinkie Keen'.

Derpy nervously smiled. "Hehe... Sorry about that... I just don't know what went wrong..."

"Oh yeah!" Berry exclaimed. "Your also always hanging around in the background."

Berry pulled medical gauze out of nowhere again and started wrapping Derpy's wrists as she spoke. "Yeah... nopony ever really notices me... but that's okay... Wait, where'd you get that bandage-"

Applejack interrupted her. "He's Pinkie Pie. Don't question him."

"How did you start bleeding like this?" Berry asked. "These cuts in your wrists aren't normal; they're too precise to have been cut on rubble."

Derpy paused. "...Well," she sniffed, "Celestia-"

Berry scowled. "AND I'm already not liking where this is going. Continue."

She obeyed. "Celestia sent her guards to collect blood samples, because, if you haven't noticed, my eyes are kind of... different..." She pointed to her golden eyes that looked in two different direction.

Duskshine interrupted. "Now hold on. These wounds don't look like the punctures that syringes make, which is usually the way to collect blood. What did her guards use to collect your blood samples?"

"With a knife..." Derpy looked at him questioningly.

Berry sighed as continued wrapping her wrists. "I should have guessed. She's a tyrant. But wait... other than the fresh wounds I assume her guards made tonight, there are scars... meaning this has happened before..."

"Yes," Derpy sniffed again. "she's sent her guards every few days for the past four months..."

"So she's been a tyrant longer than we thought..." Berry mumbled.

Duskshine stated. "Derpy, Celestia's not collecting blood samples. She's deliberately hurting you."

"But... why?" Derpy cried.

Duskshine pause. "I... I don't know...-"

Berry fumed. "I know exactly why! She's clearly fooled all of us for months! I don't know for sure exactly how long, but she has. She's hurting Derpy to break her will to fight, perhaps fearing some special resistance from her. For some reason... I seem to remember her fighting along side us during an invasion... but it all seems like a distant dream... Anyway, Derpy, why haven't you showed your scars to anyone?" He finished wrapping her wrists tightly.

Derpy replied. "Every time, they'd tell me it would be the last time they'd have to do this... I- I didn't show my scars because I didn't want anypony to see me cry..." She sniffed. "I'm fine..."

Berry frowned. "I know that's a lie. That tears it. This is the last night you'll spend alone in this alleyway. Look me in the eyes so that I know you know that we'll be everywhere you need us to be." Berry looked her in the eye, and then he and his friends surrounded her and hugged her. "This is THE LAST NIGHT you'll spend alone. We'll wrap you in our arms and won't let go. We'll be here for you."

Derpy started crying. "They say that the t-tests are my condition's fault... They s-say that it's just a phase of m-my treatment and it'll be o-o-okay... they say I'll be f-fine..."

"THAT'S A FREAKING LIE!" Berry let go of the embrace and yelled, then spoke quietly. "I know... The night is so long when everything just feels wrong... If you let us, we will help you hold on..."

Everypony fell silent. Then, Berry slammed his hoof against the ground. "THIS IS THE LAST NIGHT you'll spend alone! Look me in the eyes so I know you know, that we'll be everywhere you want us to be..."

Fluttershy spoke up. "We-we won't let you give in."

"We'll be the reason why you fight!" Rainbow Dash added.

Derpy paused, then smiled. "...This really will be the last night I spend alone."

As they made their way out the alleyway, Berry spoke to Dash, "Make that a third crate-type box."

Now, the seven friends split up to gather the entire town in the center of Ponyville.