• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 1,036 Views, 52 Comments

The Tyranny of Princess Celestia - AkemiTheSunbro



Bubble Berry discovers something horrible, and he fights to stop it.

  • ...
8
 52
 1,036

Elusive is Sick of It

"Where is he then?" Bubble Berry asked.

Duskshine replied, "When they attacked, I assume we all fled to somewhere safe. Or tried to at least." He motioned to Applejack's leg. "And where does Rarity think the safest place is?"

"In his boutique!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"Exactly." Duskshine stated.

"What in tarnation are we waiting for then?" Applejack asked. "Let's get 'er done!"

And so, they made their way to their friend's workplace as quickly and quietly as possible. When they opened the door, the room was dimly lit. They could see Elusive cowering in a corner.

Berry ran over to him and said, "C'mon Rarity! We gotta get out of here!"

But Elusive didn't budge. He was just mumbling nonsense and gibberish. When the others had caught up to Berry, the nonsense began making sense. He was crying, "I'm... I'm not a failure... There's nothing wrong with me! But I'm... I'm not worthless! I... I do things right all the time! ...Please! DON'T SAY YOU WISH I HAD NEVER BEEN BORN!" He began to wail.

Duskshine sighed. "Psychological warfare... the lowest kind of warfare... it seems Celestia took some awful memories and twisted them in her favor..."

"I think I know how to handle this..." Berry concluded.

Berry spoke to Elusive. "When everything you do doesn't seem to matter, you try, but it's no use. Your world is getting blacker. When every time you fail has no answer, every empty promise you've made is a reminder." He made Elusive look him directly in the eye. "No one else can make this better. Take control, it's now or never! Are you sick of it? Raise your hooves. Get rid of it while there's a fighting chance! Are you over it, bored to death, haven't you had enough regret? Take a stand, raise your hooves, if you're sick of it!"

Elusive gave a reply. "Every single day, I chase my own tail... I feel like a rat in a maze... I've got to get... I've got to get away! I feel like I'm running out of time for me to break this... I'm tired of feeling like I'm never gonna make it..."

Again, Berry forced him to look into his eyes and said, "No one else can make this better. You have to take control, it's now or never!"

Elusive begged. "I'm tired of it! I'm over it! I'm bored to death! I have to fix this!" Then, he screamed. "I'M. SICK. OF. IT!" As he screamed, a black fog oscillated from his cutie mark as well as his forehead. He howled in agony. When the fog dissipated, he looked at his friends and said, "You... you saved me from myself... Thank you..."

Berry shook his head. "I didn't do anything. None of us could have made it better. You took control, because you knew that it was now or never. You were sick of it. You raised your hooves and got rid of it while there was still a fighting chance. You were over it, bored to death. You had enough regret. You took a stand and raised your hooves. You were sick of it."

Elusive smiled. "But Berry," He started, "-or should I say Pinkie, as I will no longer be obeying that tyrant- your mane and tail are still flat..."

Everyone else looked shocked, as if they hadn't noticed. Bubble Berry just sighed. "That's because we still have work to do. Gather everypony in town square. Fluttershy and I have an announcement to make. If we gather a big enough crowd, Rainbow Dash should show up if she's still alive."

Fluttershy looked worried. "We're making an announcement? ...In front of the entire town?"

Berry began to walk out, then turned back to her. "It's more like a call to arms, really."