• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 2,102 Views, 41 Comments

Halo: The New Front - DragonHeart1224



Story of young ODST that goes by the name rookie and his time in equestria

  • ...
4
 41
 2,102

Chapter 1: Where the hell?

UNSC Redemption
August 13, 2561
06:00 Hours

Rookie was waken up from his cyro sleep the next day. His vision was blurry at first but as it cleared, there in front of him stood Captain Hayes. Rookie left the cyro tube and saluted him without a word. Hayes returned the salute.

"At ease ODST." Rookie put his arms behind him with his leg shoulder width apart in parade rest. "Rookie come with me to the bridge I'm sending you on a mission."

Without another word Rookie followed Captain Hayes to the bridge where a hand full of people on consoles. Rookie raised a brow at what he saw outside the view window. Outside was a green planet much like earth. Rookie knew it wasn't earth do to the planets geography for orbit. Captain Hayes lead him to a hologram table in the middle of the bridge, pressed a few buttons, then the screen lit up with the planet on the screen as well as a diagram of the Redemption.

"I'll give the news bluntly, we are stranded in the planet's orbit. Omega has been detained but not without doing his damage. He's destroyed the slip space drive and our engines, our ship can not move. Our location is unknown we are in uncharted space. This part is where you come in, I'm sending you to drop onto the planet surface to recon the area. Since you have an AI of your own you should be fine down there, take what ever you need. We will drop a warthog with you, it wont have turret so your on your own. Any questions?" Rookie simply shook is head.

"Alright prepare to drop and good luck." They saluted each other and Rookie went off to the armory.

On the way to the armory, it was dead silent. you could probably hear a pin hit the ground from all the way across the hall. once Rookie got to the armory, he quickly grabbed standard weaponry of an spec ops mission. he grabbed a silenced M7 Caseless Submachine gun, as well as a M6 Magnum. With plenty of ammunition Rookie headed towards his pod and strapped up. His hatch closed as the pod turned and descended. Now hanging under the Redemption he got a quick glance at the planet. With 2 low beeps then 1 at an high octave the pod launched and began its decent.

After a while the window of the pod started to glow red meaning he is now entering the atmosphere. Didn't take long until Rookie's pod went thought a storm cloud. The window began to collect rain but was blown clean off due to the pods speed. Rookie saw where his landing location would be, and of course it was in a forest how fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canterlot Castle, Equestria
Before Drop

Luna was looking out of her telescope looking into space. Everything was normal until she found something strange. A large metal object was sitting outside the atmosphere. Luna was so concentrated on this sight she did not notice her sister Celestia near her.

"Luna may I ask what you are looking at?" Celestia asked coming up to Luna's side.

"Ah, Sister it seems I discovered something that I've never seen before. Care to tell me what it might be, I've never seen anything like it." Luna looking up to her sister as she backed away from the telescope. Celestia took her place and looked though the telescope to see what she has seen.

"Hmm...I've never seen anything like it, I'm afraid I don't know what it is. wait there's something written on it. it says Redemption." There on the side of the metal object in big white letters the word redemption what spelt. Luna took the place of Celestia and saw the writing then something moved on the object.

"sister I see something moving on the strange object." As Luna spoke she saw something eject from the metal object. she followed it to see a smaller metal object.

"It might be a meteor." Celestia said while looking towards her sister who was still watching the strange object.

"No it can't be it's too symmetrical to be a meteor. It coming strait towards the planet." Luna at this moment was kind of panicking and excited at the same time. This could be a threat or a brand new discovery nothing like Equestria has every seen. "What do you think we should do sister?" Luna looking away from the telescope to Celestia.

Celestia put her hoof under her chin and thought about the situation. After a moment she turned back to Luna. "Monitor the larger object I'll send a message to twilight and the elements to investigate the smaller one." Luna nodded in agreement and looked back to the telescope to see yet another object eject for the larger metal object. She decided to ignore it and continue to watch the Redemption.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ponyville, Equestia

Twilight was doing her usual studies, she couldn't go outside due to the weather. Cloudsdale scheduled a pouring today. She looked away from her book to look outside. The streets were pretty much deserted due to the storm as the rain poured outside with audible thuds as the rain hit the windows. All of a sudden a bright orange glow appeared in the sky. Twilight looked in awe as the glow grew larger. she snapped out of her trance when Spike let out a burp and a scroll materialized.

"Twilight, a letter from Celestia for you." Twilight grabbed the letter, opened it and read it.

Dear Twilight,

I must inform you that me and Luna have discovered an odd metal object we have never seen before orbiting the planet. It also come to my attention that another smaller object fell off of the larger one and is heading for the surface. Judging by the objects decent it will hit near Ponyville very soon after you receive this message. I wish for you to gather the Elements and investigate it as soon as possible and report to me about your findings

Sincerely Princess Celestia

"This must be pretty serious if the Princess is getting worked up." Just then she saw the glow hit the ground inside the Everfree, it was far away from Ponyville but still could see a bit of dirt fly into the air as it hit. " I better get the girls once the rain stops, but I do have a bad feeling about this."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everfree Forest

Rookie's pod hit with a large thud. luckily he landed in an opening in the forest, it wasn't a fun feeling smashing into trees inside a pod. Rookie quickly activated the explosive bolts to release the hatch. with a beep the hatch rocket forward letting in the rain from the outside hit rookies visor. Rookie climbed out of his pod and pressed a button on his gauntlet, a few seconds later a small blue and orange figure dressed in Spartan gear appeared next to his right shoulder.

"how may I be of assistance sir?" Theta ask in a young boy's voice. Rookie is able to talk to Theta telepathy since he is technical in his head, basically telling him to locate the dropped warthog and to scan the area. Theta nodded in response and with in a few seconds came up with a result.

"The warthog is about 7 clicks to the west of your position also no life forms have been detected near by." Rookie nodded his thanks and told Theta to keep an eye out.

Rookie took the time to look at his surroundings, it was rather dark in the forest and really silent except the storm above them. He had to wipe his visor that was now full with rain just to somewhat see. Rookie returned to his pod to grab his M7 and ammunition and started to walk west in the direction of his warthog. It didn't take him long to hear movement from a bush nearby. Rookie gave a questionable look to Theta, he said nothing was near by.

"I swear reading show no life forms sir, I didn't make a mistake." Theta quickly coming to his defense. Theta has always been a shy AI the only one he has ever opened up to was rookie. For that reason he like to please and help him in anyway and not get on his bad side. Rookie sensed that Theta was feeling scared that he might have made the silent ODST mad but if there's one thing Rookie learned in his time with the AI is that he was unable to get mad at him. He always like Theta, it was the reason he agreed to have him.

Training kicked in as Rookie level his SMG at the source of the disturbance. As things went silent he heard a low growl coming from the bush in front of him. Rookie slowly stepped back trying not to provoke what ever was inside the bush, he could feel his heart beating faster as he cautiously retreated. But whatever was in front of him decided that was the time to strike. with a furious snarl the creature lunged at Rookie.

Rookie rolled to his right to dodge the coming attack, he turned to the beast and level his SMG and shot 2 bullets strait into its head. The creature let out a pained yelp and collapsed to the ground. SMG still leveled Rookie slow walked towards the creature he just shot to see how this thing was able to sneak under a Bio scan. When he got a closer look the creature was in the form of a wolf, the interesting thing was that it had no muscle system or organic material on it at all. It was made completely out of wood, Without any bio material no wonder the scan missed it.

Rookie noticing the threat and left the area quickly to avoid any more surprises. This time nothing happened, it was all silent nothing but the rain pouring down on the forest on the lone ODST. The ODST looked over to Theta and motioned to the sky then putting his hand over his head blocking the rain then pointed to Theta.

" You don't have to do that to me you know, I can read your thoughts. Anyway I'll see if I can find shelter near by." After a moment of silence Theta looked to Rookie. "There's a cave not to far from here, its about 400 meter to the north." Rookie nodded his thanks and walked north.

About 15 minutes later he found the cave Theta mentioned and went inside. Rookie turned on his flash light on his SMG and peered inside. Cave wasn't that deep it was only about 10 yards deep, adequate enough to wait out the storm. He leaned on the cave wall and looked out to the forest as the rain sill poured. Besides the wooden wolf attack it was quite peaceful here. Rookie was always on planets that was crawling in Covenant activity during the war. He's been in space ever since the war ended being on multiple ships until he was sent with the Redemption.

Rookie placed his M7 down next to him and watched as the storm takes it course.

Author's Note:

I like this idea of a story. The main Character is based of Rookie from Halo 3: ODST as well as Theta from Red vs Blue.

I will still be doing my other story just having writers block on it at the moment. any way hope you enjoy the story so far. I kind of bad telling stories.