• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 2,100 Views, 41 Comments

Halo: The New Front - DragonHeart1224



Story of young ODST that goes by the name rookie and his time in equestria

  • ...
4
 41
 2,100

Chapter 2: Recon

Ponyville, Equestra
August 13, 2561
14:00 Hours
All of the main six were gathered at twilight's library after the storm.

"Alright girls, as you might know by now due to the rumors. Something landed in the Everfree forest and the Princess wants us to investigate. So any Questions before we leave?" Twilight asked.

Rainbow was the first to ask.

"Umm. Yea do you have any idea what that thing could be?"

Twilight shook her head. "No I have no idea, neither does the Princess. So anymore Questions?"

They all shook their heads.

"Alright good. Now let's get going shall we." The Elements left the library and started to make their way to the forest on there quest to find the thing that has landed on their planet.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everfree Froest
August 13, 2561
14:10

Rookie woke up to the sun rays hitting his visors, he must have fallen asleep during the storm. Theta appeared in front of him as his view cleared.

"Ah your awake. I would have woken you up when the storm cleared but I decided it would be better for you to rest. I also took the liberty of marking a waypoint to the warthog." Rookie got up from where he was and picked up his M7. He pressed a button on his helmet and a gold diamond appeared with a number under it showing the location of the warthog and the distance. He left the cover of the cave and continued his march to his dropped warthog, hopefully nothing in this wilderness has found or damaged it.

By this time Rookie was only a click and a half away from his destination when Theta appeared.

"Sir I getting readings of life forms nearing your drop pod. I advice we quicken our pace so they can't catch up." Rookie nodded in agreement and quicken into a jog. Whatever was nearing his pod, he did not want them to find him.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------
UNSC Redemption
August 13, 2561
14:15

"Sir, the Slip-space drive and engines are beyond repair." Captain Hayes was seeing if the engineers were able to make any progress on repairs, but it seems that it was hopeless to repair the damage Omega has done.

Hayes taking in a sigh before replying to the engineer.

"So your saying we are stranded here until we can get replacements."

"To put it bluntly yes." Hayes face palmed knowing that the situation his crew was now in was dire. They are stranded in uncharted space with no chance in repairing at least their engines. The chance of sending a distress signal to a UNSC ship was slim to none. The ship had less than a year of supplies and he knew rationing the ships food wont go well with the crew.

"I hope Rookie is having more success than we are." Hayes said to himself.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everfree Forest
August 13, 2561
14:25

Twilight and her friends have been in the forest for nearly half an hour now moving towards the location of the object that came from the sky earlier today. Most of the trip went smoothly except the one time where some bushes rustled causing Fluttershy to bolt. Of course it was only a squirrel. Besides that nothing really happened.

They come up to a clearing and find what they have been looking for. In front of them was a large metal object. Twilight moved up to the opening while her friends looked around the area. What she found was interesting. It looked like what ever this thing was could hold something.

"Twilight over here!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

Twilight came up to where Rainbow was hovering to find yet another metal piece. She looked at it for a while then back to the other object and realized that something was inside of it,and it was now gone. Panic swept over her as she knew what ever was inside that pod could not have been good.

"Girls we need to get back to Ponyville now and inform the Princess." The ponies regrouped and rushed back to Ponyville.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Sir, the six life forms near your pod are leaving in a different direction than ours it seems we've gone unnoticed." Theta stated. By now Rookie was only 250 meters from his objective. "Wait picking up new life forms. 2 of them are heading towards your warthog at a fast pace."

With that Rookie picked up his pace into a full sprint. Whatever the life forms were he was not about to let them damage the vehicle. As Rookie quickly closed the distance to the warthog he was met with the two creatures. One was something he has never seen before. it resembled a horse but smaller with a black coat. It also had holes in it legs, red insect like wings with the same color shell on its back and red eyes. Judging by the panicked expression on it, The creature was being chased by a much larger being that resembled a Persian manticorn. Rookie stopped and took aim at the maticorn with his M7 only for it to be knocked out of his hand by a massive paw.

The manticorn used his own momentum to tackle Rookie and send him flying to a nearby tree. Rookie quickly push back the pain and pulled out his M6 magnum and fired 2 rounds that hits the manticorn in the face. After the manticorn fell Rookie took a second to recover his bearings.

"Sir the other life form is hiding behind the warthog." Rookie looked over to the warthog to see the black insect like horse cowering behind the warthog. Rookie took in a sigh before getting to his feet and walking towards the creature with his M6 in his hand. As he drew closer however he was complete taken off guard of what happened next.

"Please, don't h-hurt me." The small horse can speak! Instinct kicked in as Rookie Raised his M6 at pointed it at the small creature, but was hesitant to pull the trigger. What he saw in what he now knew was a male talking horse was a look he knew all too well. Pure and utter fear. Though his experience he has seen this look over thousands of civilians. From men, women and children. Memory took its toll as he remembered these looks, only to remind him of the entire planets being glassed as millions of innocents were killed. After awhile Rookie lowered his weapon and slowly made his way towards the creature.

As he came closer the being started to retreat. Seeing this Rookie lowered himself on a knee let out a hand and gave a small whistle. The creature stop retreating at the sight of the strange movement. Rookie slowly advanced, he was now able to reach a distance where he could touch this new creature. He let down his hand and rubbed the creatures ear finding it soft and warm due to its fur. The weird horse jumped at the touch at first but started to relax as Rookie continued to rub his ears. Then a low noise sounded from the horse, Rookie recognized it as this horse seemed to be purring. Rookie let a small smirk form on his face under his visor. After a while Rookie broke contact from it and moved to pick up his M7. Then Proceeded to the warthog and got into the driver's seat.

Rookie watched saw the small black horse take off into the trees. Rookie simply shrugged and turned on the ignition to the warthog. The warthog roared to life. Rookie pressed the acceleration and the warthog began its advance though the forest. It was not long however when Theta appeared.

"Sir, it seems that thing from earlier is following us from above." Rookie raised a brow at this but ignored it he has his mission to deal with and can't afford anymore distractions. As the warthog raced forward Rookie saw an opening in the tree line and entered a very large plain with a road. Rookie knew a road meant civilization. Knowing full well the risk of contact of this civilization, Rookie drove the warthog on the road and followed it not know where it will lead.

Author's Note:

this took a while. I'm really surprised about the amount of support on this and I'm glad you guys are liking this so far. hopefully I can keep pleasing you further on.