• Published 6th Jul 2013
  • 711 Views, 4 Comments

Sunlit Shadows - Inucroft1



The Lunar Rebellion has tipped Equestria into Civil War. Families are split, cities burn all because of Nightmare moon. Celestia is still stunned by the horrific destrution of the Twin Crown Captial, she has become withdrawn and still refuses to use

  • ...
2
 4
 711

Chapter 0- The Prologue

Chapter 0- The Prologue

Why my beloved Princess Luna became possessed and became Nightmare Moon, I have no idea. What I do know is this - Both my fellow loyalist Lunar Guardsmen and I are still viewed with suspicion, despite the fact that Princess Celestia has deemed us loyal to her. Though it is understandable why. The majority of the Lunar Guardsmen blindly follow her, even as Nightmare Moon. We few who still love our dear Luna broke our hearts and took up arms against her.

This shall be the first document recording our view of the events that have transpired. Around a quarter of us in the Royal Guard Division opposed Nightmare Moon at the start. Yet her power was too great, and the others soon moved against us, crushing our rebellion. Those who were uncertain of their loyalty made the difficult choice - follow the possessed Nightmare Moon or join us who were cast down.

Our rebellion may have forced Nightmare Moon to act sooner than she had planned. She refused to lower the moon and attacked the Royal Capital of the Twin Princesses. The attack was brutal and those defending it had no warning. Celestia only managed to escape with the Elements of Harmony by the noble sacrifice of the last few Royal Guards that remained. It was a massacre. Hundreds were killed in the attack and thousands more died in the firestorm afterwards. From what I’ve heard, when Princess Celestia had flown a fair distance, she turned around and nearly lost control of her flight. Before her eyes, the once glorious capital city burned to ashes while the screams of those burning to death were carried on the wind to her. The magical fallout of that first battle has had a major effect on the surrounding woodland. We do not know what the long term effects are, but for now it’s a no go zone.

The fifty of us who opposed Nightmare Moon and survived traipsed our way to the small castle of Canterlot. It was nothing but a small, uncomplicated, and poorly maintained castle built on a side of a mountain. It had small mining village at the foot of its crumbling walls. Soon as we were within a short distance the garrison sally forth to engage us in battle. When they neared us, we surrendered as we could not put up a resistance. Even if we had wished to do so, we were in no fighting condition after opposing Nightmare Moon.


Unceremoniously, we were thrown into cells within a small tunnel within castle grounds. They were damp and poorly drained. We stayed in these dank cells for what felt like years. Every so often, we were randomly taken away to be interrogated. They beat us to the edge of death just to get any useful information out of us. When we finally were moved out of those cells and moved into a dormitory in the castle grounds- we were astounded by the change that had overcome the small castle. No longer was it poorly maintained, nor small. The entire castle grounds had been turned into a military encampment, the fortifications had been repaired and expanded.
We were informed that we were deemed loyal to the Twin Crown rather than to the rebellion. Yet we were to remain under house arrest until deemed otherwise. At my suggestion the only surviving officer who was with us, Lieutenant Fire Bolt, managed to acquire a blank book and asked me to write the first entery.

The true moon shall be restored, long live Princess Luna.



Sergeant Star Watch of the Lunar Guardsmen; first entry of the loyalist Lunar Guardsmen Company logbook

Author's Note:

I must give thanks to Chaotic_Harmony for the name of this Fimfic as I had no real idea what to name it. So this is a shout out to CH as a thank you. Please have a read of his works.

This is my First FimFic and well... even though it's chapter-0 it's my first chapter. Last time i did some creative writing was back in highschool around 5yrs back.

13/01/15- edited by "Sunspot_Vison"
Edit: Thankyou to Cloud_Zephyr proof-reading after my own.
Edit 2: Just some minor gramatical improvments