• Published 3rd Jul 2013
  • 285 Views, 2 Comments

The Key To High School - Lilynotepad34



The Sequel to Friendship is Fuzzy. Read Friendship is Fuzzy first before reading this. Twilight and the gang are returning to Mysterious Island after a month in The Unicorn Keys. But unfortunately a lot can change in a month. And there is a differenc

  • ...
 2
 285

Battle Stations

Trix was feeling guilty. He had forgotten about Twilight. Maggie was his first love after all. What was that song? Oh yeah..First Cut is The Deepest... The greyhound still felt weird about seeing the unicorn look so hurt as Sky Fleet was babbling away...as usual. Bruno was the only one who wasn't going back to the way things were. Like the ponies had never come this summer. Trix respected his brother's high sense of honor. It set him apart from everyone at school. That was why the Rottweiler was so damn popular. As Trix was lost in these thoughts a vent opened up in the middle of the hallway. Out popped Bruzzles Holiday swinging from the ceiling. When Trix looked up he got smacked in the face with a chocolate brown nose. “Heyyy how's it hangin Trix? Why pray tell do you have Twilight in such a fix?” “Bruzzles how the hound-dog did you get in here?!” “I crawled through the vents. How else would I get in here?” said the brown bear with a shrug as if this was the most obvious answer in the world.

“Why do you need to sneak into school?! I have class. I can't deal with your shenanigans this early in the morning! Go bother someone else!” grumbled Trix.

“But I have to bother you! It's part of my schedule today! I even put it in my calendar! Do you want to see?”

“No Bruzzles. I have Gym. Leave my love life alone ok? Maggie makes me happy. End of story. Case closed.”

“If you say so. Catch you on the flip-side of your love life Trixie..you aren't just for Maggie you silly dog.”

The greyhound shook his head and sprinted toward the gym.
Bruzzles pressed a button on his watch. “The grey goose is now honking. Do you copy that Bruised Rose?”

“Loud and Clear Captain Thornside! Commence Sailor Recruitment correct?”

“Unfurl the sails! Fair winds to you my first mate.”

“Roger that Captain! Rose is in bloom!” and with that Blossom signed off.

Bruno was changing into his gym clothes while talking to Trix. Trix telling his older brother what had occurred this morning.

“So he's bothering you? Was Blossom there?” asked Bruno.

Trix shook his head.

“No she wasn't. That was the weird part Brun. He seemed to be on his own.”


“That is odd....”

“I know right?”

Then the two brothers heard a familiar voice on the intercom...
“Bruno Barkson to the main office!”

Trix looked at Bruno in horror.
“Was that Blossom?”

Bruno sighed.
“Yep.”

Trix looked like he wanted to scream or laugh his tail off..maybe both.

Bruno trudged to the main office only to be yanked by his collar into a large dark room.

“Bruno we've been expecting you.” growled Amazon in a mocking tone.

“Wait you're involved in this pile of rabid dog drool?!”

“Um duh! Do you really expect me to stay out of this jumbo plan of awesome? Heck no!”

The Rottweiler groaned.
“I was afraid you'd say that...”

Minutes later Blossom and Bruzzles walked in wearing rainbow cloaks.

“Good work Amazon.” said Bruzzles with a dramatic nod of approval.

Amazon bowed.

Blossom adopted the same ominous tone and asked.
“Shall we begin my lord?”
“We shall.” said the bear in a dark tone of finality.
“Bruno, Blossom and Amazon, we have a major shipping crisis that only we can remedy. The issue is the sexual tension between Trix Barkson and Twilight Sparkle.”

“Bruzzles I can't afford being pulled out of class for your matchmaking shenanigans!” whined Bruno.

“I feel so honored to be here! I will not fail in my mission! Our mission, I mean our mission...”

Blossom grinned. “We are glad to have you both. Your enthusiasm is riveting Amazon.”

Bruzzles nodded solemnly.
“We mean business dude. You are the matches we require to spread the love fire!”

The jaguar practically jumped up and down.
“Oh my gosh! I'm so excited! You have no idea!”

“Amazon your fanboy is showing...” warned Bruno .

“It is? Does that mean...I'm exposed?” asked Amazon with a troll face that suggested a double meaning

Blossom giggled.
“Yes totally nude right now.”

“Is that a problem?”

“Not at all good sir! We walk around fan-naked all the time!” said Bruzzles adopting an English accent at random.

Bruno hit his big black head against the wall.
“Why is this happening? Can I go back to class now please?”

“No way Founder of Flutterdash!” growled the bear.


“Bruno he's family! You have to help! Pleeeease?” whined Blossom batting her long eyelashes.

“Bruno we could mess with your personal life instead...”said Amazon with an evil smile.

“Fine. You win. I'll help...”

Bruzzles cheered.
“The shipping overlords have smiled upon us!”

After that crazy meeting with Amazon and the crazy shippers known as Blossom and Bruzzles, Bruno walked to second period. He saw Applejack across the hall talking to Twilight. The Rottweiler's face burned and his large heart fluttered. He could never have the courage to tell the Earth Pony how he felt or how much she affected him. Just the sight of her made his knees weak.
Bruno sighed as he leaned against his locker as Applejack walked away.

“Bruno..Earth to Bruno...Come in Bruno..Helloooo?”
“Huh? What's up Am?”
Amazon smirked.
“You were checking out Applejack again weren't you?”

“No! Why would I do that? I have no idea what you're talking about!” grumbled Bruno blushing.

“Um..I don't know..maybe because you have a crush on her the size of a dragon?! Could that be it or am I missing something?”

“Drop the carcass and get out Amazon. I don't know what you're talking about.”

The jaguar smiled and rolled his eyes.

“Oh Bruno denial is so not your water type. You are the worst liar in the world.”

The Rottweiler flushed darker.
“Leave me alone Great Cat of Perception...”

“Never my love struck companion.”

Bruno sighed and playfully shoved Amazon.

The cat chuckled.
“You know I do this because I care right?”

“Yes..you have made that more than clear Am....” muttered Bruno.

“Good. I am pleased the message was received...”

An hour before in first period Gym class....
Twilight stepped into the gym with Applejack at her side for comfort. Class had yet to start. The two ponies were the first ones to finish changing. A powerful black greyhound marched into the gym. He was covered in battle scars and wore a camo collar covered in medals.
“Alight pups fall in for Gym!” His voice caught through the silence like a steel saber of a war veteran.
Everyone rushed out of the locker rooms and sat down in a large circle.
“My name is John. You may refer to me as such or call me sir. Now can anyone tell me what is the first rule of any combat situation?”

Twilight sniffed to clear her nose and raised her hoof.
“Yes?”
“Be Prepared!”

John shook his head. “Not quite the right answer Miss Sparkle but a valiant effort indeed.”

Twilight's confidence sank like the titanic. She lowered her head and vowed not to speak for the rest of class.
A familiar Russian Blue raised her paw.
“Yes Maggie?”
Twilight rolled her eyes and groaned internally at the usage of Maggie's first name.

Maggie glowed in the spotlight. “Play your strengths. To be prepared you must put your best asset into play and know what they are.”

Author's Note:

So credit goes to the same friend of mine that helped me with Chapter 1! Be kind when commenting.