• Published 3rd Jul 2013
  • 613 Views, 17 Comments

Run Rabbit Run - BluePhoenyx



A My Little Pony and Watership Down crossover.

  • ...
0
 17
 613

Ch.1 Snapdragon


"Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run

Here comes the farmer with his gun, gun, gun

He'll get by, without his rabbit pie,

So run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run".

Snapdragon could hear the dog barking frantically and the wails of rabbits dying. The tan and silver rabbit limped across the down and panted as blood from the wound on his chest painted the grass. A gray rabbit rushed up to him, injured as well.

“Captain!” The rabbit yelled. “Effrafa is lost!”

“No,” Snapdragon replied. “Just restarting. Stoneflake, go find Captain Campion, you’re under his rule now, he’ll take over the warren.”

The gray rabbit nodded, bowed and raced off to find the one Snapdragon spoke of. The injured captain continued his limping. He limped along the down, blood pouring from his right ear and the various wounds on his body. He had taken on the dog to defend his General, but the dog tossed him away like cat food, but not without punishment. He tripped over a rock and tumbled down into the stream that rested behind the large warren. the stream carried him out, but the rabbit was too weak to fight it so it let the current take him. He went down the river, doing everything in his power to just keep his head above the water. He heard the water begin to rush faster and the young captain knew he was doomed. As he felt his end nearing as his body floated towards the waterfall, he began a prayer.

"Lord Frith," he began aloud. "Before I stop running, I would like to ask you to please watch over Hazel, Bigwig, and Fiver. I also ask you to watch over Captain Campion and Efraffa. May both warrens live in peace."

Captain Snapdragon closed his eyes, and his body fell over the waterfall. He felt his body be whisked away by the water and for a while, everything was dark and all he could hear was the rushing roars of the water that filled his world. Then, almost in the blink of an eye, the world shut down on him and he swam in a world of nothingness. In what seemed like an eternity, sounds began coming back. He heard a blue jay chirping and he knew it must be day time. He could hear the river, but this time it was softer and he seemed to be either further away from it, or he was deaf. He then heard a voice, speaking in a rough type of dialect he guessed to be horse.

"Oh my, you poor thing." The voice said. It was quiet and soft. It made him feel safe. "Come on Angel, let's get him inside and dry him off."

Snapdragon felt himself being lifted into the air. He managed to open his eyes long enough to see a flash of pink and yellow like the flowers of a memory from long, long ago deep in his mind. He saw the bright blue sky and green trees and grass passing by at an alarming rate. He figured he must be being carried by the horse and not a rabbit. His mind clouded again and everything went dark. When he woke, he saw another flash of pink and then, green like the grass. It was a mix of lettuce and fresh pulled grass in a man thing, a bowl to be precise. He groaned and sat up. strange cloth was wrapped around his ear, and body. He knew about cloth because he'd been trapped in blankets and shirts before when raiding a man garden. He looked up and saw the small horse that was holding the ball. She was a yellow color, like sunflowers and her mane was a soft pink like the tiny pink flowers that grew in the fields by his old home. Her eyes were a bright blue like the sky and she had a smile on her face that was almost partially covered by the long forelock of her mane.

"Oh good, you're awake." She said softly and set the bowl down beside him. Snapdragon sniffed the flay-rah. "We were worried, won't we Angel?" She asked and a white rabbit jumped up onto the cushion Snapdragon had been placed on. Snapdragon was relieved to see a rabbit face, for a rabbit alone by other creatures will always be on edge.

"You...you speak Lapine?" Snapdragon asked, and politely took a lettuce leaf in his mouth and nibbled. He was more hungry than he wanted to admit, but he had to keep on his toes around a pony that could speak his language.

"You can talk?" The pony asked, then tilted her head. "What's Lapine?

"The rabbit language." Snapdragon replied. He sstarted standing up and flicked his ear, the bitten part was bandaged and it made his ear heavy.

"Well, I can communicate with all animals so, I guess." The pony said. "My name is Fluttershy, what's yours?"

"Fluh...fluf..fluffershy?" Snapdragon tried to say. The name was hard to say on his tongue. Fluttershy giggled behind a hoof and spread her wings. Snapdragon saw the wings for the first time and jumped. "By Frith what are those!?" He demanded. Fluttershy squeaked and pulled her wings back, lowering her head so her mane covered her face.

"O-oh, i'm sorry." She whispered.

"What sort of horse are you?" Snapdragon asked.

"oh.. I'm. i'm a, um, p-pegasus." Fluttershy answered. "Don't you know what a pegasus is?" She asked.

"I've never heard of such a creature." Snapdragon replied. The white rabbit stood up on his hind legs, staring down the wounded new-comer. He sighed. "My name is Snapdragon, owslar captain hind quarter ma-" He stopped. He wasn't a captain of anything now.

Fluttershy let his sentence trail and smiled. "Well I like that name. You're welcome to stay as long a you like, but at least stay until you're better." She said softly. Snapdragon ate a little more, then dropped down on the pillow and fell asleep. Fluttershy smiled and pulled a blanket over him. "Come on Angel, let's leave our new guest alone."

Author's Note:

Hi everyone, so this is a crossover with Watership Down and MLP. Don't worry if you don't understand anything because you didn't read the book/watch the movie it'll be easy to follow later. enjoy and let me know what you think!