• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 1,663 Views, 20 Comments

The "Twilight" Zone - Thatonepony9495



The Mane 6 are sent to the human dimension by accident where they meet 3 bronies

  • ...
2
 20
 1,663

Chapter 5

The “Twilight” Zone
Created by:
Thatoneguy9495
DarkMephiles
Ben_is_not_dead_yet

Ch. 5

I run into the room where the party stuff is getting set up. “Hey guys, shut up for a second.” Everyone freezes and the room is dead silent. I hear the thump again, but this time, everyone hears it.

“What do you think it is?” Twilight asks.

“I don’t know, maybe just something falling on the floor.” Ben said, getting off the ladder he was on.

“By itself? I don’t think so.” Hunter replies.

Pinkie Pie shakes a little. “Do you think...it’s...zombies?” She starts to cower towards the corner.

“I thought I locked the door when we left. There should be no way anyone could get in.” I start heading up the stairs. I flip the light switch for the stairwell, but no light turns on. I flip the switch up and down a couple more times. Still, nothing happens. The light must’ve blown ou- oh...crap... “Uh...guys? I don’t think the girls are alone here. The light’s blown out like when the ponies got here.”

“Who could possibly be here? And how?” Hunter starts heading up the stairs to follow me. I start climbing the stairs and everyone follows Hunter and me.

“I have no idea. Princess Celestia must’ve sent them to find the Mane 6.” I reach the top of the stairs and move over to the side to let everyone else up.

“Why would the princess make the same mistake twice? She’s not known to do that.” Ben says, being the last one at the top of the stairs.

“Maybe it was something else that pulled them into this dimension.” I said, starting to walk down the hall. “Let’s at least find out who it is. When I heard the noise, it sounded like it was coming from Hunter’s room.”

“Then let’s go!” Pinkie Pie bounces ahead, but Ben grabs her back to the group.

“We should probably send someone in by themselves. Mark, you should go.”

“Eh, I shouldn’t. Remember how freaked out the girls were when they first met us? We should send one of them in.” I stop in front of Hunter’s room. I can only imagine how whoever is in the room feels.

“That could be a good idea.” Twilight says. She doesn’t say it quietly though, because I hear the rustling in the room stop, as if the thing recognized Twilight’s voice.

“Uh oh, I think it heard you Twilight.” I motion for her to go through the door. I open it, let her through, and close it again. Everyone else just sits by the door, waiting in anticipation.

All of a sudden, we all hear a loud “Spike?” through the door.

“Spike? What’s he doing here?” Rarity says.

I back away from the door. “I don’t know, but I hope he can adjust quickly because we all have a ton of questions for him.” I open the door. Twilight comes out with Spike on her back, but when he sees the 3 of us, he freaks out and hides behind the ponies.

Twilight gets Spike and pushes him in front of us. I kneel down to his level since he only comes up to my knee. “Hey there Spike.”

I stick out my hand to shake his claw, by he just runs back behind the ponies. I stand back up.

Twilight gets him again. “Spike, these guys are okay. They’re not going to hurt you. Now shake his...uh...claw thingy.”

“But Twilight...” Spike groans, “I’ve never seen these things before.”

“Spike, darling, would you do it for me?” Rarity says, blinking rapidly into Spike’s eyes.

“Oh, all right.” Spike blushes and walks back over to us. I stick out my hand and kneel down again. I shake his claw and I notice my hand engulfing it, so I try not to squeeze so hard.

“My name’s Mark. This is Hunter, and this is Ben.” I get back up. Spike walks back over to the ponies, still looking at us. “Apparently, according to a vision the three of us had, we are the assigned guardians of the Mane 6.”

“How did you guys end up being the guardians?”

“Well, we haven’t really figured that out yet, but we think it’s because of these.” Hunter shows Spike his watch, Ben shows his ring, and I reach into my pocket to take out the chain, but I feel something else in there too. I take it out, and it’s a piece of paper that looks like the note I read in the dream.

“Whoa guys! This is the note from the dream!” I hand it to Spike. He looks it over.

“...too late...won’t be so lucky...counting on you guys. What’s it too late for?” Spike hands back the note. I stuff it back into my pocket.

“I don’t know, but it’s probably the reason why you’re here too.” I hear the oven beep, signalling the cake being ready. “Let’s go downstairs. I need to get the cake.” I start walking downstairs.

“But, I don’t even know how I got here! I’m freaking out because Twilight didn’t come back to the library. I was running around Ponyville asking everyone where she could’ve gone. That’s when Princess Celestia showed up and announced that the Representatives of the Elements of Harmony were missing.” He’s still talking as we enter the kitchen. “I asked her where they could’ve possible gone. She said she didn’t know, but she was able to reach some kind of inter-dimensional rift. That must’ve been the dream you guys had. Anyway, I went back to the library because I was so tired from running around everywhere, and I crawled in bed for a quick nap even though it was noontime. I fell asleep and the next thing I know, I wake up in an unfamiliar place looking all...” He looks at his claw, “...weird...”

“Well that sure answers a lot of questions.” Ben says. “I’m sure it does.” Spike goes over to the table and takes a seat. Rainbow Dash was asleep face-down on the table. Spike taps her on the shoulder. She quickly lifts up her head and acts like she was listening to the whole thing. “So are you guys having a party or something?” Spike looks into the living room.

“Yea! We’re celebrating something new I found!” Pinkie bounces up to Spike.

“Couldn’t you just use your cannon thing?” Spike pushes Pinkie away a little.

“That’s the thing Spike, anything normal in our world, isn’t normal in this one.” Twilight walks over to him.

“So that means...” He tries blowing his fire breath, but nothing happens. “Aww...does that mean you can’t use your magic Twilight?”

“Yep, not even magic exists in this dimension.”

I finish decorating the cake with the help of AJ and Fluttershy and we take it into the living room. “So back to this interdimensional rift thing, how do you think it got there?”

Hunter grabs a drink from the punch bowl. “It must’ve ripped when the Mane 6 got here.”

Twilight is getting some cake. “I don’t know anything about that. It could’ve been in one of the pages that were ripped out.”

I sigh loudly, “Geez, we won’t know about anything that’s going on until we have them.”

Ben chimes in. “The problem is, we have no idea where they would be, and even if we did, how would we get them?”

“We could just fall asleep and see if one of us can have another vision.” Hunter shoves a piece of cake in his mouth.

“That’s a good idea, too bad it’s only one in the afternoon.”

Spike finishes off a bag of chips. He has a look on his face that is bigger than when he’s eating jewels. Weird. “Yea, so what are we gonna do in the meantime?”

“Let’s at least finish this ‘party’ first.” I say, grabbing the empty bag from Spike. “Then we could just...I don’t know...go outside into the backyard and do something out there.”

“But won’t anyone see us out there?” Spike looked worried. “What will they do when they see us?”

“Don’t worry about that Spike. For some reason, other humans here can’t see us.” Rainbow Dash flew around in a little circle.

Spike couldn’t really understand, but I didn’t really want to explain all the recent events to him, so we put the party on hold, and Twilight pushed him out the back door with us all following. I was the last one out and Hunter was already herding up the ponies into a circle.

“So, what do you ponies want to do?” Hunter clapped his hands together. The ponies started yelling ideas at him.

“Tag! Freeze Tag! Hide and Seek! Hoofball!

Those were just some of the ideas they threw at the three of us. Then I pointed them toward the pool. Hunter checks his watch and sees that it’s 2:00. I make a suggestion that we stay out here for at least a couple hours.

“If we play in the pool the whole time, we’ll be super tired and be sure to sleep well tonight.”

Rainbow Dash flies over the pool and gains some altitude. I change into my swim trunks inside really quick and rush outside. Hunter does the same thing, and Ben waits for Hunter so he can change. Meanwhile, Dash is waiting in the air for us to be ready. When we finally are, she proceeds to tuck herself into a ball and drops from a hundred feet straight into the pool, barely making a splash.

Huh? How could that happen? I look over at Hunter, who is pretty much rolling on the ground laughing. Then it looks like he gets an idea.

“Hey Rainbow Dash, come over here!” She climbs out of the pool and shakes most of the water off her body. Then she trots over to Hunter. “Hold onto my arm, I wanna see something.” She grabs it and he raises his arm with barely any effort. “Holy cow Dash, you are super light!”

She blushes and says, “Well, yea. It’s these hollow bones I got. How else do you think my wings can support me?”

So then we all get in the pool and play around for what feels like a couple hours. Rarity didn’t seem to mind her hair getting soaked. Fluttershy actually did pretty well with swimming, which would probably be from swimming with her fish friends. Pinkie Pie was using the slide the whole time. AJ was competing with Dash to see how long they could hold their breath underwater. The only one having the slightest problem was Twilight. Her being a bookworm probably didn’t prepare her for the stress of being in water.

When we were finally tired of the pool, I noticed I was really tired and it was dark out. I ask Hunter what time it was. He said it was 7:00, way later than I wanted. I grab some towels from the towel carrier thingy and hand them out. I look up into the sky and notice the moon was out already. There was something strange about the usual markings on it. There seemed to be a silhouette of Nightmare Moon on it. Has the rift opened up already? Nah, I must be seeing things. I do a double take and it disappears. “Okay guys, let’s get inside. I am super tired so let’s go to bed early tonight.”

Everyone piles inside, dripping water on the kitchen floor. I lay my towel down with a couple others on the floor. “Okay, so what is going to be the sleeping situation with Spike?” Why did I ask that? I know he wants to sleep in the same room with Twilight. Sure enough...

“I’ll sleep with Twilight. I am her number one assistant after all.” Spike hops up on Twilight’s back.

I laugh. “What does being her number one assistant have to do with sleeping in the same room with her?”

“I don’t really know...”

“Well, at least it was an easy choice. Let’s head upstairs. We don’t really need to show you the room since you had plenty of time for that when you got here.”

We start heading upstairs. I get up about halfway until Pinkie Pie runs ahead and stops in front of me.

“Wait! What about the rest of the party?”

“Oh. I guess we could finish it...”

So we go back downstairs and finish the party. It goes on for a little while until everyone has a zoned-out look in their eyes. Despite the sleepiness, I still have help cleaning up everything. When we finally finish, it’s 10:00

“Alright everyone, time for bed. We kinda got a big day tomorrow.” I say, waving everyone upstairs.

This seems new to Hunter. “What are we doing tomorrow that’s such a big deal?”

“I really don’t know. I’m just so tired.”

Every one goes upstairs, goes in their assigned rooms, and everything becomes quiet in the house. I take AJ and Fluttershy into my room. I get into my PJ’s, feed the bird and put it to bed, and scoot under the covers. I make sure the two ponies are comfortable, say good night, and shut my eyes.

A moment later, I feel the covers moving. I open my eyes and see AJ pulling them back to get under them too. That made Fluttershy do the same thing. This made me uncomfortable.

“Uh...girls, what are you doing?” I shift over on the other side of the bed.

“I’m so cold, and...and your blankets are so warm.”

“Yea well, stay on that side of the bed with Fluttershy.” I pull up the covers and shut my eyes, waiting for the expected wonders to enter my slumbering mind.