• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 1,663 Views, 20 Comments

The "Twilight" Zone - Thatonepony9495



The Mane 6 are sent to the human dimension by accident where they meet 3 bronies

  • ...
2
 20
 1,663

Chapter 3

The “Twilight” Zone
Created by:
Thatoneguy9495
DarkMephiles
Ben_is_not_dead_yet

Ch. 3

The scene opened up looking at the sky. There was the sound of something bouncing. The camera zoomed out and there was a trampoline being bounced on by nothing. There was a book closer to the camera just open and sitting there. I knew something was wrong the minute I saw that Pinkie wasn’t on the trampoline, and Twilight wasn’t next to the book. I sat there with my mouth open. The scene went to in front of Rarity’s boutique but nothing was happening, but there were still bouncing sounds. After a bit, the bouncing stopped and it panned over to Spike. He was saying his normal line as if the ponies were still there interacting with him. I looked over at Hunter and Ben who also had the same expression I had.

I had to shut it off. I just couldn’t watch the show without the characters in it. Ben got up and faced us to tell us what we all already knew.

“Do you guys know what’s happening here? Since the Mane 6 are here, they’re not going to show up in any of the episodes! Even the reruns!

“What’s a rerun?” Dash turned to Hunter. I looked over at her, reaching over Fluttershy (who was huddled in a ball, apparently because of the growing tension in the room) and put the remote on the couch.

“A rerun is when a TV show plays an episode that it has already played.” Rainbow Dash looks as if she understands, and so do the other ponies. AJ taps me on the arm.

“So do ya think that’s the cause of all our random cases of Déjà Vu?” I think about it, then nod.

“That’s one way of putting it.” I look at the time. It’s already 10 o’ clock at night. I start yawning, which causes a chain reaction, and everyone starts yawning. I get up off the couch, breaking Fluttershy from her ball. “I think it’s time to show where you ponies are gonna be sleeping.” Everyone lazily gets off the couch.

Hunter stretches his arms and yawns again. “Okay, so, who’s gonna be sleeping in who’s room?”

“It should be up to them.” I said, nodding toward the ponies, who were also stretching. “But we can still show them the choices they have.” Ben and Hunter nodded in agreement and we all headed upstairs.

The three bedrooms are all in a row on the top floor. First it’s Ben’s room, then Hunter’s, then mine. We walk down the hallway and stop in front of Ben’s room. The ponies walk in with us and examine the room. Rarity jumps in delight and squeals like she saw a giant jewel. She must’ve noticed the walk-in closet on the other side of the room. She lands on the floor and runs inside. Ben slaps his hand on his face.

“Well, that’s one. Who’s gonna be the second one?” Ben says as he sits on his bed. He starts bouncing a little on it, which triggers Pinkie Pie’s reaction to having fun. She releases her stored energy and jumps on the bed, scattering blankets and pillows around the room. Ben gets off the bed, walks over to the wall, and gets a running start to join Pinkie with all the bouncing craziness. The rest of us escape out the door and continue down the hall to Hunter’s room. I could still hear the noise of all the bouncing as we enter the next room.

The four ponies take time to look around the room. I step on one of the books that were taken out of the bookcase. It makes a crinkling sound that makes Twilight’s ears perk up. She looks over at the book under my foot and then she notices the bookcase next to the door. She trots over and starts looking through them. Hunter walks over next to her.

“So, I see you found my extensive book collection. I know I don’t have nearly as many books as you do, but feel free to look through as many as you like.” He pulls out a few and places them on the floor. Twilight just stares at them, expecting them to open. Hunter kneels down and opens up the first book. “Oh yea, I forgot you can’t use magic.” Twilight lays down and starts reading the first page. When she looks done, she tries turning the page, but fails. “How am I supposed to read this if I can’t even turn the pages?”

Rainbow Dash comes over in front of Twilight. I take a glance at where she was coming from. The hammock that Hunter has in his room (yea, I don’t know. He bought it to see what it felt like to have one) was swinging back and forth. “Oh come on, Twi. How do you think I read all those Daring Do books?” She says as she flips a page with her hoof.

The hammock stops swinging. I look over at Dash. “So, I see you like the hammock.” She flies back over to it.

“Yea, it feels a lot like a cloud. But, I don’t know, something just doesn’t feel right. It’s not poofy enough or something. But I’ll deal with it for now.” She lays on it, putting her forelegs behind her head. She then proceeds to use one of her wings to make the hammock start swinging again.

Hmm...not poofy enough. What would be soft and poofy enough like a cloud? I put the question in the back of my mind. I take Fluttershy and AJ out of the room, leaving Twilight and Rainbow Dash content with where they are. I head back to Ben’s room.

I open the door to his room. The place looks like it hasn’t been touched in weeks. Must’ve been Rarity’s work. Ben and Pinkie Pie are passed out on the bed. Rarity is laying on a stacked pile of clothes in the closet. Her hair is all wavy, like it gets when she’s either stressed, tired, or both. I leave the room and head to mine, Fluttershy hovering in the air next to me, Applejack trotting quietly behind me.

I let the two remaining ponies into my room and follow them inside, closing the door behind me, and flicking the light on. Fluttershy blinks rapidly in the sudden light. I hear a chirp from my pet bird, Roger. Fluttershy hears it and flies over to the cage.

“Ooh...a bird! And it’s so...so...pretty!” Fluttershy realizes how loud she’s being and quickly shuts up, still looking at the bird.

“Here, I’ll take it out for you. His name is Roger, he might like you, considering how great you are with woodland creatures.” I say, opening the cage, letting Roger hop over onto Fluttershy’s mane. While she’s busy being amazed by the bird, I notice Applejack near my beanbag chair. She gives a wondering look and places a hoof on the unsquished part of it. As that part starts moving under the weight, she freaks out and turns around to buck it. When she does, however, the chair squishes with the blow and stays where it’s at.

“AJ, what are you doing? That is called a beanbag chair and it won’t hurt you. See?” I lay on it, letting myself sink into the sea of contained beads. AJ looks intrigued. I have a little trouble getting out of the chair, but I get out eventually. “You can sleep on it tonight if you want.”

“It does look mighty comfortable. Sorry about buckin’ it.” She places a hoof on it again, testing the sturdiness, and then gets her whole body on it. She lays down and yawns.

“You didn’t do anything to it that can’t easily be fixed.” AJ lays her head down and closes her eyes. I look back at Fluttershy, who is quietly singing to the bird. “Hey Fluttershy,” I say in a whisper, “Do you wanna put Roger to bed for me please?” She reluctantly nods and puts the bird back in the cage. She then grabs the cover with her teeth, floats up over the cage, and drops it on top.

“I have nowhere else you can sleep, Fluttershy, unless you’ll be okay with sleeping at the foot of my bed.”

“That’ll be okay. Do you have some sort of a blanket for me? It looks like Applejack might need one too.” She says, flying over to my bed, landing, and sitting where I told her to.

I go over to my closet. Looking through my clothes and other assorted things, I see a couple blankets sitting under a pile of socks. I take one of them and throw one over AJ. I take the other one and give it to Fluttershy. She takes it and nuzzles under it. I grab my pajamas off the floor and...uh...how am I gonna change into them? Hopefully, since AJ is almost asleep and Fluttershy is under the blanket, I can put them on without them seeing anything. I quickly take off my jeans and slip on my pajama bottoms. I slip on a random shirt and get on my bed. I slip under the comforter, taking great care as to not jostle Fluttershy in the process.

I can’t even begin to fall asleep. As tired as I am, my brain is keeping me up, displaying the craziness of events that happened today. Then I think about how the party would’ve been like if we actually went. That thought doesn’t last long because it almost instantly gets replaced by the miracle chance of something from another dimension coming into our house. Thinking about the day, for what seemed like an hour or so, finally made me tired enough to get some sleep.

I had the weirdest dream. I was sitting in an empty field, next to a tree. It was very peaceful. I looked around. Nothing but rolling hills of grass as far as I could see. I look up into the tree, and notice it’s an apple tree. The tree has strategically placed branches so I can easily climb up and grab an apple. The sun catches a spot through the leaves and hits the apple. The beautiful color makes me want it even more. I take off a bit of the apple with my teeth and chew. The taste of the apple is so horrid, I spit it out instantly. I look at the apple in my hand. There is some aura of darkness in the apple that grows around me, sucking me in. I end up floating in a dark blue place with stars everywhere, like I’m in space or something. I look around. All I see are stars and dark blue space. Then some of the stars move together into a group. I see the group of starts starting to form into a shape. After a bit of moving, the shape starts becoming recognizable. The shape is Nightmare Moon. I start trying to get away, but nothing happens. Her eyes look directly into mine. She starts speaking to me.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here? I didn’t expect this! A guardian? And to think I got rid of those mares forever!” Her voice boomed throughout space. Every syllable made the place tremble. I feel something in my pocket moving. The chain! As it leaves my pocket, I watch Nightmare Moon pull it in front of her face. “How did you get this? This is one of the Trinkets of Trinity! I thought I got rid of these!”

Just then, a bright light flashes and I see a white hole rip through the darkness. Nightmare Moon gets sucked up in the hole, along with the dark blue space. Before the hole closes back up, I see a glimpse of Princess Celestia.

And there I am, sitting in white emptiness. I feel the chain back in my pocket. What just happened? Was this a dream, or a vision? The white space melts away slowly, leaving behind the empty field I was originally sitting in. I’m back sitting against the tree. I look down and see the apple next to me with a bite taken out of it. But there’s something unusual about the teeth marks. It’s not a human’s mouth. It looks like a horse took a bite out of it! I pick up it up and feel something on the other side of the apple. There’s a note. I take the note off the apple and read what it says.

“Now you know. Stop her before it’s too late. Next time, you won’t be so lucky. Be ready. I’m counting on you guys.” The signature is barely legible, but somehow, I know it’s the Princess. Everything fades into darkness and I wake up to something soft rubbing against my face.