• Published 28th Jun 2013
  • 1,249 Views, 45 Comments

My Little Imperer: Friendship isn't Bought - KamenRider



A man with poor luck named Sano Mitsuru ends up in Equestria after being killed. Can he make friends with the strange inhabitants or will his love of money win over?

  • ...
3
 45
 1,249

A Friend I Once Had

Chapter 2: A Friend I Once Had

'“Hey! What did you just do to those animals!? And what did you do to Fluttershy!?” a loud voice rang from above Imperer’s head.

“Those things?” Imperer said, still decked out in his armor. “Those weren’t animals, they were monsters. I just got rid of them for Fluttershy.” he smiled under his armor and pulled out his Card Deck, causing the armor to shatter off like glass. He looked up to see where the voice was coming from, only to find no one was there. Scratching his head, he shrugged and turned to return to the cottage. The moment he turned, however, he was tackled from behind by someone who was moving at an alarming speed.

“Damn it! What are you trying to do?” Mitsuru yelled, as he attempted to get up from the ground. “Let go!” he looked to his back to see a blue Pegasus with a rainbow mane.

“Never! You’re just like those monsters. You’re going to go eat Fluttershy, aren’t you?” the blue furred Pegasus said.

“Like hell I am, I just saved her from those Gelnewts. I’m trustworthy, I promise.” Mitsuru said still wrestling with the psycho pony.

“You sure don’t look trustworthy; you look like something right out of Daring Do!”

“I don’t know what that is, so I’m going to assume the worst possible outcome about it. Now can I get a little help here?” Mitsuru yelled out toward the water. A ripple came, along with Gigazelle jumping out. “Please remove her from my back, buddy.”

“Hey, I knew you were no good! You have your little monster buddies backing you up!” she yelled out as Gigazelle walked up and removed the pony from its master’s back. It gently placed the pony down before leaping back into the pond.

“I just wanted you off of me. I don’t do well when I get jumped by people I don’t know.” Mitsuru said, dusting off his plaid shirt. “Now I must go check on Fluttershy.”

“Fine, you do that but I’m going with you!”

“Do whatever you want, see if I care.” he walked back to the cottage, with the blue pony in tow. “What’s your name? I’m Sano Mitsuru.”

“That’s a stupid name. I’m only the greatest flier in Equetria, Rainbow Dash!” the blue pony said proudly.

“Fantastic name, I definitely know where it comes from.” he said, recounting her stunning speed and rainbow colored mane. The two walked into the house, only to find Fluttershy hiding. “Come out Miss, I got rid of the Gelnewts who tried to hurt you.”

“Are… they gone?” a timid voice said aloud.

“Yeah they are gone. I took care of them, sent them back to where they came from.” Mitsuru said gently.

Fluttershy slowly came out from her hiding place, only to see Mitsuru with Rainbow.

“Ah ha! I knew you were scaring Fluttershy, now I’ll really make you pay!” Rainbow said, pointing an accusing hoof at Mitsuru.

“Yeah because I would really be here to attack her without my armor on.” Mitsuru said sarcastically, placing his hand on her pointed hoof and putting it down for her.

“Excuse me, but would you please, if it’s not too much, explain to me exactly everything that happened, if you don’t mind?” Fluttershy asked timidly, wondering about what had happened with Mitsuru and the three monsters.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t mind hearing this either since I’ve never seen anything like you before.” Rainbow said, floating above Fluttershy’s couch.

“Fine I’ll tell you guys, but no one else must know. Okay?” the two ponies nodded, with Rainbow keeping her eyes sharp on Mitsuru. “Here’s the story. I’m a human being from the planet, Earth. I was a poor guy, you see? I worked for rich snobs, polishing their cars and stuff, it sucked. One day though, I met a man in the mirror. His name was Kanzaki Shiro, and he gave me an offer I couldn’t refuse.”

“What kind of thing did he want to give you? Something stupid probably.” Rainbow said, with Mitsuru glaring at her.

“The offer he gave me was this.” he pulled out the Card Deck, with the Gigazelle insignia on it. “He told me to use this to
make my greatest wish come true. By using this deck I become something called a Kamen Rider. In my world there was the
Mirror World. Tons of creatures called Mirror Monsters lived there and preyed upon the humans of my world.”

“My, my, that’s terrible. So you protected the people there?” Fluttershy asked, a little bit more comfortable.

“Kind of. I fought in order to keep people safe, but also to feed my contract monsters.”

“Contract monsters? Was that the giant gazelle thing that was in the water?” Rainbow asked, more curious to hear about the story.

“Exactly. Its name is Gigazelle, but I also can control many other gazelles as well. The contract monsters are regular Mirror Monsters that the Riders made contracts with in order to give them more power, especially to fight.”

“Riders? So you mean there’s more creepy animal things like you?” Rainbow threw in.

“Yes, there were a total of thirteen Riders on Earth. The riders, however, we weren’t exactly on good terms with each other.”

“What do you mean? Didn’t you all help each other fight the mean monsters?” Fluttershy chimed in.

“It was a lot more complicated than it seemed. The monsters were just a backdrop for the real fight.” Mitsuru continued, getting up from his seat on the couch. He started to pace back and forth.

“Why was it complicated? If you fought monsters, then I guess I should take what I said.” Rainbow began, only to be cut off by Mitsuru.

“It was complicated because the Riders were supposed to fight.” Mitsuru announced, stopping his pacing.

“What do you mean by that?” Rainbow asked, flying up from her seat.

“The Riders were supposed to kill each other in battle. The winner would receive the grand prize after all the Riders were defeated, leaving only one.”

There was silence between the three. The girls couldn’t believe what they were hearing. Equestria was only accustomed to peace, making one sentient being killing another complete and unexpected revelation. Fluttershy was the first to speak up.

“You… didn’t kill anypony, right?” Fluttershy asked very nervously.

“No. I didn’t.” Mitsuru replied, returning to his seat on the couch. “By the time I had arrived in the Rider War, there were already factions between the Riders. I tried to sell my services to them, since I needed the cash, but I was rejected by everyone.” he sat down and sighed, deciding whether or not to continue his story.

“What happened next, did you finally find someone to join with?” Rainbow asked, wanting to hear the rest of the story.

“I was finally able to appeal to Kagawa-sensei; he was Alternative Zero, a mimicry of the Riders. One day he went missing too, guess he got killed. He had a student named Tojo, he was Kamen Rider Tiger. I found him all beaten down on the street. He was alone just like me, so I took him to my apartment and nursed him back to health.”

“So you were a good guy. If you weren’t you wouldn’t have helped someone who was supposed to be your enemy.” Rainbow stated, somewhat happy to see that this mysterious creature wasn’t a monster.

“I guess so. I eventually inherited my father’s company after his death, making my drive to fight pointless. But Kanzaki wouldn’t have any of it. He told me to keep fighting, because I if I didn’t…” Mitsuru fell quiet and realized something. The Mirror Monsters may be here, only limited, plus the fact he has so many Contracts.

“What would happen if you didn’t fight?”

“My contract monsters wouldn’t be able to feed anymore. So if I broke my contract with them, they would come and eat me instead. That’s going to happen if I don’t stop fighting.”

“That seems a bit unfair. No pony should have to do things against their will, I guess that was his way of making sure you all kept fighting.” Rainbow said, enthralled with the story.

“Eventually, I got myself into a fight with Kamen Rider Ryuki. He was the Rider trying to stop everyone from fighting. Tojo showed up and I thought we were going to fight together…” Mitsuru went quiet once again. His only friend had betrayed him. “I only knew him for a short time, but he was my only friend.”

“So what happened with him? Did he help you?”

Mitsuru didn’t want to say what really happened, so he twisted the facts around. “Yeah, he was about to join in but he was stopped by Kamen Rider Ouja. He was a snakey kind of guy and none of the Riders really liked him. I heard that he killed the most Riders in the war. Anyways, we all jumped in to fight him but I got overpowered by him. He used his Final Vent to stop us.”

“Then what? Did you guys beat him?”

“I died. His bicycle kick destroyed me and I was left for dead there. I don’t know what happened after that, though.” Mitsuru got up from the couch and looked out the window. “I wonder why I’m here though. I died in Mirror World, but somehow remained alive. It’s one big mystery to me.”

“That’s it? You just died and ended up here? Wow that’s a lame ending.” Rainbow complained, hoping that Mitsuru and his friends had somehow won that battle. “So that Ouja guy, who else did do in?”

“I’m not really sure. All I know is that he contracted their monsters, so he ended up having three of them.”

Through the whole story, Fluttershy had remained quiet in her seat. She couldn’t process all that Mitsuru had told them. How could completely thoughtful and sentient creatures do things like that? How could they be so brutal, as to go out and kill each other in some stupid thing like that?

“You didn’t do anything? You made sure that Tiger was alright, and you never killed anyone?” Fluttershy asked quietly.

“I guess so. I never really found it in me to completely kill anyone. I just wanted to have a happy life in the end, with
friends and family. Now I’ll never see him again.” Mitsuru said. Despite all that happened, it was in the past now. He could forgive Tojo in the end and only hope that the one person he cared for could become that hero he wanted to be. “I wish him the best though, it’s only fair.”

“You seem to really care for this Tojo guy. You must have been really close.” Rainbow said.

“Only for a short time, but yeah, I was the only one to really get him in the end.”

“I guess I was wrong about you being a bad guy. In fact you sound pretty awesome, but not as awesome as me of course.” Rainbow said, matter of factly.

“Thanks, I guess that means something good.” Mitsuru responded, assuming that he was now on good terms with the blue pony.

“So now what are you going to do Mr. Mitsuru? You don’t have anywhere else to go, isn’t that right?” Fluttershy asked, caring for the well-being of the man who had saved her.

“Not right now, but I’ll make it somehow. Probably make some sort of tent in those funky woods back there.” Mitsuru said, getting up from his seat.

“Wait, you’re going to go live in the Everfree Forest? Are you nuts the things out there will get you.” Rainbow Dash said, shooting directly in front of Mitsuru.

“Rainbow Dash, you over exaggerate. Not all the creatures are mean and hostile.” Fluttershy said, also coming toward the two.

“Well I got nowhere else to go, and since Dash here thought I was a monster at first sight I got nowhere else to g-” Mitsuru was cut off by ringing in his head. “Not this again. I already fought today, why is there more?” he said nervously, sensing a large amount of monsters.

“Is there another monster? I want to come kick monster butt too!” Rainbow Dash said excitedly. “So how do you know they’re here?”

“I can sense when they arrive. There’s like a chiming in my head. No time to waste though.” Mitsuru said, running to the window. “It seems like they’re closer to that town I was making my way to.”

“That’s Ponyville, will everypony be alright?” Fluttershy asked.

“They will once we’re done with them, right Mitsuru?” Rainbow said, excited to get some action for the first time in a while.

Mitsuru nodded and crossed his arms up to the window, with his deck in one hand. With the sign of the horns in one hand, he yelled out.

HENSHIN!”he yelled, as he inserted the deck into his belt. The three mirror images of Imperer’s armor converged onto his body, forming Kamen Rider Imperer. “Meet me in that Ponyville place, I’ll go through the Mirror World.” Suddenly Imperer seemingly passed through the window like it wasn’t even there.

“You heard him Fluttershy, we gotta get to Ponyville quick.”

“He did sound nervous. I hope it’s not as bad as it was here.”

Imperer looked on the road to Ponyville’s mirror world, and could only stand with an agape mouth underneath his helmet.

“That is a lot of shark monsters.”

Author's Note:

Here's the next chapter, a day early. Next one will be up in the next couple of days, I guess. Won't have any free time tomorrow since my sister is having her graduation party. Also a new character in the next chapter.