• Published 28th Jun 2013
  • 1,249 Views, 45 Comments

My Little Imperer: Friendship isn't Bought - KamenRider



A man with poor luck named Sano Mitsuru ends up in Equestria after being killed. Can he make friends with the strange inhabitants or will his love of money win over?

  • ...
3
 45
 1,249

Someone Who Cares?

Chapter 1: Someone Who Cares?

Despite losing his good looking suit from when he was rich, Mitsuru did admit to himself that it wasn’t probably good for walking long distances in a forest. The long boring walk was mostly filled by noises erupting from the darkness that surrounded him. He could only be thankful the moon was bright and gave him the ability to properly navigate the path, or this would have ended up a lot uglier, with a lot more of himself not connected to his body. He looked down at his stomach again, which still hurt a great deal, albeit it being not as bad as when he was initially stabbed.

“Tojo… I thought we were friends. What exactly was that guy thinking? I thought I had finally made of friend in my life, but apparently I still have nothing but bad luck.” he sighed and sat down near a tree to rest his pained body. He once again removed the Card Deck from his pocket and looked at. “I wonder how this ended up here…” he wondered to himself. The damn thing was destroyed by Ouja’s Veno Crash and caused him to die. His thoughts were broken once again.

“I’m supposed to be dead. No one survives dying in the Mirror World.” he said aloud to himself. He groaned in annoyance and placed his hands on his head. “Who knows what Kanzaki-san was thinking when a Rider actually got absorbed into the Mirror World. This has to be some sort of after life or something. There are other sentient people here so maybe I can rebuild myself and get the happy ending I want. I may have almost had it, but now I might be able to re-attain it!” With a new goal in mind, he slowly arose from his spot under the tree and continued his mile long trek out of these mysterious woods.

One thing also on his mind was those wolves that decided to try and snack on him earlier. They weren’t Mirror Monster because they weren’t really twisted versions of animals, but instead they were modified versions of how a normal animal would look and feel. He wondered how they were actually alive, since they were made of wood and all.

“How did they even move? The hungry big bad wolves were made of wood, why eat something like me?” he groaned once again from the pain in his stomach. “In hindsight, it was stupid to transform into Imperer without thinking. It just ended up making my wound hurt a lot more.” his self-made rant was cut off by the sound of his stomach. “Great, now I got double pain down there. And I don’t have a wallet to buy food with!” he cried aloud, but got his shit back together and continued his trek.

A little while later he finally saw, what he thought was an exit from the scary monster forest. He happily moved a little faster toward what appeared to be not trees. To his excitement he came out toward an open field. Then he saw it. It was a small cottage not far from where he stood, only about fifty yards away. His mouth agape in happiness to see something that wasn’t a tree made him as giddy as he was when he became president of his father’s company.

Making haste is pretty fun, but unfortunately, Mitsuru had to slow down his pace as the wound on his stomach decided to open up from his initial running. He was happy he was wearing a brown shirt, because the owner of the upcoming cottage couldn’t freak out if about the small amounts of blood leaking from his stomach. “I really wish I hadn’t done that, but don’t worry we’re almost to civilization.” he said to himself aloud.

After a little limping he finally made it to the cottage. It was a little more than what he had expected from it. It was wood, as per usual of cottages, but the roof was covered in grass, bushes, and other stuff not expected to be on a cottage. He started to cross a tiny natural bridge over what appeared to be the same river from the forest. He saw there was some light on inside the building, finally assuring him that someone was there. Suddenly the world was upside down for Mitsuru. He had tripped over a small indentation in the ground and fell off the bridge into the water.

It wasn’t that bad of a fall, but Mitsuru had fallen chest first into the water. He didn’t have proper time to react, so his body lazily fell into the river. It wasn’t deep at all, which only caused more problems for him. A sharp pain ran through Mitsuru’s lower body as he realized the rocks at the bottom of the river had decided to rip open more of the gash on his stomach. Closing his eyes, and managing not to scream in pain, he quickly crawled in the shallow water toward the grass.

“Why? Is this really going to happen? I’ll bleed out in the after-life and who knows where that leads to.” he said to himself, putting his arms around his stomach in order to apply pressure to his wound. “Maybe the person living there can help me, it’s my only chance.”

He staggered back to his feet and attempted to move as fast as possible toward the front door of the wooden house. His mouth came to a weak smile as he removed one of his arms to knock on the front door. Another shot of pain, much worse than anything he had experienced in a while, came through the nerves of his body. His arm drooped and his entire body slammed against the front door.

“Looks like that’s one way to do it.” he smiled weakly. He still attempted to keep himself safe by continuing to put pressure. The door started to open before his eyes. He smiled weakly once again, as it completed opening. He started to black out, but for a second he saw wings and the most inviting eyes he had ever seen. It truly was the afterlife.

Mitsuru never was good at sports. I guess that’s why he never really built up any muscle mass, and usually relied on numbers rather than brute strength. He didn’t have brute strength, he had more of a strength that only came out when he was about to die.

Opening his eyes he realized he was no longer situated outside the cottage, but now concluded he was inside it. He looked down to see his shirts were gone and he had bandaging now across his wound. He also noticed some of the smaller cuts he had received were gone as well. Whoever’s house he had found really fixed him up. He then proceeded to realize that he would have to pay the piper. Nobody did things for free or from the bottom of their hearts. He remembered when he took Tojo into his home after he was severely beaten. For some reason he was drawn to the psychotic boy and truly thought the two could have a partnership or friendship. He sighed and attempted to rise.

He looked around and noticed that the living room here had a lot of animals. There were rabbits, birds, and other random wild animals just hanging out like it was no big deal. Mitsuru was used to animals and realized that his bird was probably going to die.

“Oh no, he deserves better than me.” he placed his hands on his head and sighed. Suddenly, his thoughts of self-loathing were cut off track by something approaching. It wasn't footsteps, but something that reminded him of the time he saw a horse Mirror Monster running on concrete. He wasn't far off.

The person, or rather said winged-horse, had appeared before him. He noticed that the eyes and wings matched up with what he had seen the night he collapsed. He pretty much didn’t freak out like a normal person would mostly because he owns a heard of gazelle people who run around with spears.

“Oh dear, you’re finally awake. Don’t strain yourself too much, that wound on your stomach could open up if you’re not
careful.” she said in a concerned tone, approaching the mentally uncomfortable man.

“Okay. I’ll be sure to do just that.” he said in reply sinking back down to a laying position.

“Oh my, you can talk too? I saw you wearing clothes, but when you showed up at my doorstep last night I just assumed you were another wounded animal.”

“Yeah I’m a pretty wounded animal. I should have been more careful when I was walking here. I came out of the big forest and got into a skirmish with some of the local residents. They didn’t take too kindly. Then I fell off the bridge near the front of your house.” he shrugged.

“You poor thing, when I saw you I just had to help you. I’ve never seen anything like you, but I knew you needed help.”

“I sure did need it. Thank you so much for treating me, you did a wonderful job. In fact, it's probably one of the best treatments I've ever received in my life.” he said to the girl, beginning his routine of sucking up to people.

"Oh my, you flatter me too much. This was just a simple treatment." she said sheeply, coming closer to the hurt creature.

"No really it was. My name is Sano Mitsuru. What would your name be, my gracious savior?" he said in return, sticking his free hand out to the girl.

“That’s such a weird name.” she went silent for a moment. “Oh I’m so sorry for saying that, it must hurt your feelings to have someone say your name is weird.”

“It’s no problem at all. It does sound a bit foreign though. Everyone has their own names, and that one just happens to be mine.”

“I… I… see, my name is Fluttershy.” the shy yellow pegasus told him.

“That's a beautiful name, a surprising fit for the angel that saved me from death. ” he laughed softly and prepared to bring up the worst part that this conversation could go past. “So, I’m pretty sorry. You went to all the work of bringing me in and patching me up, but I don’t have any money on me to pay you back with.” he said to the kind pony.

“No, no, no, I could never take money from somepony who was hurt.”

“Then why did you help me? Don’t people, or ponies, usually request monetary services in exchange for help?”

“Well I don’t know a lot of ponies who would. I did this because you were hurt and anypony who’s hurt deserves a chance whether or not they have money.”

Mitsuru was stunned by the kindness of this small pony. No one in his life had ever shown him this much true kindness. It reminded him of himself when he helped Tojo. Despite the kindness, he knew he would have to up the act in order to gain her trust easier. He began to forcefully cause himself to tear up, for his fake appearance.

Fluttershy began to panic when she saw him beginning to cry. “Oh I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to make you cry.”

“These aren’t tears of sadness Miss Fluttershy, these are joyful ones. No one had ever shown me kindness like this. In all twenty-one years of my life, I’ve worked hard and toiled, but absolutely nobody has shown me kindness. If I got hurt, people would only do it if I paid them in advance. You truly are a spectacular angel from above! I will repay you, trust me I will.” Mitsuru said, recounting to himself the many times one of his jobs went awry, and he would end up having to pay ridiculous sums to get patched up.

“Oh dear, you poor thing… Everypony deserves kindness in their live.” she said, coming closer to Mitsuru.

“Right, I guess everyone does. Thank you so much.” he said again. His tears stopped and that’s when it happened. The ringing that’s plagued his ears for a while now. Looking over to the mirror in the corner of the room, he saw a trio of Gelnewts before him. “Miss Fluttershy, I’m going to pay you back right now. For saving my life, I’ll save yours.”

“Oh, I couldn’t possibly-.” she was cut off my Mitsuru getting up and physically turning her around. She saw the three horrifying creatures standing in her mirror.

“I’ll be right back.” Mitsuru said with an assuring tone in his voice. He grabbed his plaid shirt and placed it over his body, and proceeded to pull out his Card Deck. The Gelnewts saw the deck and quickly began to cower away. Instead of retreating into the Mirror World, he saw them leap out the window in the Mirror World. He quickly ran to the window only to see the trio of Gelnewts coming into the real world. “This isn’t good. Miss Fluttershy you stay here and keep your beauty safe, we wouldn't want anything bad happening to you.” he winked at her.

Fluttershy didn’t say anything in turn and simply nodded, as she was scared as hell of the three monsters. Mitsuru turned back to the window and crossed his arms. The silver V-Buckle appeared and attached itself to his waist. Raising his arms up, he uncrossed them and placed his free hand with the sign of horns.

HENSHIN!” he yelled out and placed the deck into the slot on the front. Fluttershy, scared out of her wits, watched three mirror images of armor appear from the mirror and converge onto Mitsuru’s body. “Don’t worry, I’ll have this all cleaned up in a jiffy.” he gave her a thumbs up and proceeded to open the window, and then jumped through it.

Landing on his feet he saw the three Gelnewts prepare themselves to fight the oncoming Rider. “Hey guys, how’s it going? I realize you really want to eat that pony in there, but she’s the only person, pony, who’s ever going to help me in this world, plus she's the only one who's given to shits about me.” Imperer cracked his knuckles and leapt forward at the first of the Gelnewts. It grabbed its oversized shuriken and prepared to throw it. Smirking under his helmet, Imperer hopped off the newt holding the shuriken, and immediately leapt in front of the other one.

Using his plated knee, he jumped into the air and rammed his knee into the monster’s jaw. It fell back, unconscious. “I really wonder why these things even exist if they only serve to be constantly beaten the hell out of.” He was tackled by one of the Gelnewts who began to beat on the fallen Rider. Fortunately, Imperer was able to draw a card from his belt. He kneed the Gelnewt on top of him and quickly placed the card into the visor on his knee. The visor is what allows Riders to access the full power of their arsenal called Advent cards, which allow them to summon various weapons and such. “Advent.”

The two Gelnewts were taken by surprise as three gazelle monsters leapt out of the water. There was the main Gigazelle and two Omegazelles. Gigazelle pointed at the Gelnewt with its shuriken out and ran toward it, with his own spear drawn. The other Gelnewt was immediately tackled by the two Omegazelles.

“Alright guys! Teamwork is always good; now let’s get this over with soon so we can feed you all.” Imperer said putting his hands together. “Actually I want in on this too.” he drew another card and hopped his knee up to insert the card. “Spin Vent.”

He put out his right arm and a giant machine appeared on his arm. It was similar to the top of the spear that Gigazelle had. Yelling loudly he joined the brawl alongside his main partner. Unlike the spear that Gigazelle had, his could spin like a drill. The two spears began to spin and he laughed aloud before ramming it into the Gelnewt. The combined forces destroyed the Gelnewt and replaced it with a golden orb, which his monster graciously absorbed. The other two Omegazelles finished off the other two monsters and absorbed them as well.

“You guys are really strong and that’s why I like you.” Imperer said as the three gazelles jumped back into the water. “Looks like a job well done. Killed two bird with one stone.” he was about to allow his armor to shatter when he heard a loud, obnoxious voice from above.

“Hey! What did you just do to those animals!? And what did you do to Fluttershy!?”

Author's Note:

I'll be rewriting the prologue next. Then I'll try getting the second chapter done for Sunday or Monday.

EDIT 7/2/13: Some small edits to the dialog exchange between Mitsuru and Flutters in order to keep up his kind of douchey way of thinking from the show.