• Published 26th Jun 2013
  • 1,280 Views, 22 Comments

As long as evil exists - jidbrony



A evil force from an era long past has returned from Equstria to seek redemtion in the eyes of his evil masters. A Thundercats MLP crossover

  • ...
2
 22
 1,280

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

In her own private suite at the castle Twilight Sparkle paced back in forth in a panic like state, she had been acting like this for hours, what she heard back in the throne room really shattered her moral. Discord had been with her for most of the time not quiet sure what to do in this situation. Feelings were never really a strong point for him, except for madness and laughter but even those still didn't make much sense to him. Even though being friends with Fluttershy might have gained him some experience of the realm of feelings, this still was not his strong point.

"Uh...Twilight, this was... not the reaction I was hoping for." Discord said not sure what words to use.

"Princess Celestia has no faith in me..:" Twilight said still in a state of panic and heart ache. "She's hiding that the fact there is a evil force in Equestria and she doesn't think I can handle it. She won't even tell me."

"Twilight she didn't say that she only said that she only wanted to keep you safe that's all. The question you should be is what is the evil you face. When someone questions your ability you need to prove them wrong, perhaps a lesson you will learn when dealing with me." Discord said, his tone turning from comforting to menacing.

Twilight just looked at Discord whipping the tears from her eyes and getting a grip on herself. "Yeah, I guess your write, but still I mean I still can't believe Princess Celestia would hide something from me, doesn't she trust me."

"Maybe she does or maybe she doesn't. Who knows, leadership and authority can bring out the worst in people. That's why I never seek such things in life. I much prefer the life of freedom and chaos to live life in full anarchy." Discord responded returning back to his imp like self.

"Your a strange creature Discord? One minute your comforting me, the next your back to making threats." Twilight responded viewing him with suspicion.

"Well randomness is a key component of chaos, and being the Spirit of Chaos and Disorder that's just one of my duties. And besides you don't..." Discord was cut off, he shuttered a few moments and looked around the room as if searching for someone.

"What's wrong." Twilight said looking worried.

"I... I don't know. I felt a disturbance in the harmony." Discord responded

"A disturbance in the harmony?" Twilight said noting the fact that, that line seemed a bit cheesy even for someone like Discord.

"That's just something I've always wanted to say, but no seriously... something feels wrong," and in a flash Discord was gone leaving Twilight to wonder what was happing, but all she knew was that she a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach right now.

*******
The corridors of the palace were dark, quiet and empty. The only light coming from the torches that were on the walls of the castle. Then clopping sounds were heard from a distance. On the walls a shape of monstrous demon could be scene and as it began to turn a corner it morphed into a normal unicorn pony. But it was not a normal unicorn pony. It was Mumm-Ra disguised in the form of Twilight Sparkle walking along the halls of castle searching for something important.

"Ah the hallways of Canterlot Castle I haven't been here in centuries. Although last time I remember there being a lot more rubble". Mumm-Ra laughed silently to himself as he remembered all the horrors he had brought to this land when arrived. The disguised mummy continued his journey through the halls then he hears more hoof steps heading his way.
Then from another corner of the hallways a yellow earth pony wearing a cowboy hat emerged.

"Twilight what yah doin up." Applejack asked seeing Twilight in the shadows of the halls.

Mumm-Ra was worried. Although he would never cower to the likes of mere pony mortal, he could not afford to blow his cover not now, not yet.

"Uh... Well... My dear friend... I was just ...taking a mere walk around the castle, hoping to head to the archives to do some reading."

Applejack smiled not realizing that who she was her best friend was actually the most darkest creature on earth. "Well I should have known Twilight, always doin your fancy book learnin and such. Well I'll join you I was heading out myself to going to the Canterlot royal Apple orchards I heard there are the greatest apples in all of Equestria and I want to see if they live up to that claim "

"Oh, great." Mumm-Ra said gritting his new pony teeth trying to keep the ruse going as long as possible. Mumm-Ra then notices that Applejack had a golden necklace on around her neck. It was a element of harmony he recognized those ancient artifacts anywhere.

"Hey Twilight, I just realized where's your crown." Applejack asked staring at Twilights head.

"Well... my crown... um." Mumm-Ra needed to think of a good excuse and quick, then he got it. "Well those things can get so heavy and besides we don't need our elements on us all the time, right?"

Mumm-Ra new pony mane started to sweat he wasn't sure if she was buying it."

"Ah, I see, your right Twi, these things do get a little heavy from time to time, probably since they're made of gold and such." Applejack just smiled and continue walking down the corridor

"Excellent she bought my trick, these Ponies are so predicable and easily manipulated to believe anything especially by their friends." The though amused Mumm-Ra so.

The two of them continued down the corridors, Applejack still unaware that she was walking with a imposter of her friend.

"You know...." Continued Applejack. "I really hope those apples live up to their claim you know how much I can't stand dishonest advertisen. Like this there was this one time I saw a salespony not as bad as the Flim Flam brothers of course but he still felt shady well any way....."

This one seems to represent the Element of Honesty, surprising she's has already been tricked by two of my lies so far, perhaps she is blinded by her own ability to see the truth she is unable to see the lies that are walking right in front of her.

Applejack continued the conversation much to the displeasure of Mumm-Ra, however being a thousand year old mummy had its advantages. Mumm-Ra had learn for the most part the skill of patients and was able to block out most Applejacks nonsense. Throughout most of the conversation he nodded or said "Yes" or "I see" trying his best to pretend that he was listing.

"So you won't believe what happened yesterday my little sister Applebloom....."

This caught Mumm-Ra's ear. A little sister eh. This could be useful for any future interaction between us.

"Yes." Mumm-Ra said trying to sound genuinely interested as Twilight would. "How is your.... dear sister Applebloom"

"She's great, now were was I ah yes.... well you see last week she was at Rarity's to see Sweetiebelle, Scootaloo was also there as well although she couldn't stay long since she and Rainbowdash were goin to some sisterly things."

"So some of the other Elements of Harmony had sisters too how interesting"

Mumm-Ra much to his annoyance had to listen about a ridiculous story about the elements sisters and there pathetic Club called the Cutie Mark Crusaders and how the did something evolving glitter paint and for some strange reason a industrial sized hair dryer. All he remembered was that it didn't end well.

Finally the two of them reached another corner of the hall that led to the archives of Canterlot Castle. However to the annoyance of Mumm-Ra two guards stood at the entrance. However he was hoping that since he was disguised a Alicorn Princess he would be able to bypass them. He walks up to the door way and is about trying to remain as calm and collected as possible. He almost had his hoof in the room before the two guards blocked the entrance with there spears.

"Sorry this place is under strict lockdown as of this moment." said one of the guards authoritatively.

Mumm-Ra disguised at Twilight twinge a bit.

WHAT! HOW DARE HE BLACK MY PATH! Now, now clam yourself Mumm-Ra, I cant allow for any mishaps. Use your manipulation skills.

Mumm-Ra in the form of Twilight took a deep breath and began to speak with Twilight's voice. "I am here on the on orders by Princess Celestia."

"Sorry Princess, no entry permitted" responded the guard.

"Ah, to bad Twi." Applejack noted.

Mumm-Ra's patients was wearing thin, he could not be kept from the archives they held information of vital importance to plan. If simple authorization from the Princess herself would not suffice then perhaps force will. he walks up to the guard looks at him straight in the eye and quietly whispers to him so Applejack would not hear and get suspicious. "Listen her you miserable little grunt, I am one of the most powerful unicorns on this world and I can easily turn you into something that can easily get squished, so if you don't let me in I would be considering a big career change, as a INSECT!"

The Guards then gave each other a nervous look.

"Very well, you can enter." The Guard responded.

Applejack looked surprised and curious on what just happened. "Geese Twi, how did you convince them to let you in."

Mumm-Ra just turned around and looked at Applejack. "I just used my diplomatic skills, have fun with your apple trees friend."

Mumm-Ra then entered into the dark corridors of the archives leaving Applejack in a bit of bewilderment of her friends strange behavior unaware of the real dangers that were going on.

As soon as everyone was gone one of the guards opened his mouth and said. "Well... looks like that crown finally gotten to her head."

"What crown? She wasn't wearing a crown." asked the other guard.

"It was a metaphor you moron." The guard answered looking annoyed.

"Oh."

******
After a few minutes of traveling up a few sets of winding stairs Mumm-Ra finally entered the archives. The room was a dusty and old, filled with all sorts of books and scrolls that were thousands of years old. Still in the form of Twilight Sparkle, Mumm-Ra looked around, searching for the right text that was useful to him.

"Lets see," he mumbled now in his regular low booming voice although it was coming out of Twilitgt's mouth. "Now where's is it." Mumm-Ra looked through several of the scrolls and files throughout the room. He continued to shuffle though the archives for what felt like hours until finally he found what he was looking for.

"Finally." He said giving an evil looking grin. "The way to open the gates of Tartarus, and unleash the evil within," he looked at the old looking scroll scheming though it. "Interesting. Looks like a change of plans is order then." Then in a instant he turned around sensing a presence in the room. Mumm-Ra merely shrugged as he slowly turned around to look at the scroll again and there floating in front of him was Discord!

"Hello."

Mumm-Ra was shocked to see the spirit of chaos in his presence. "YOU!" he said with Twilight's voice. "Uh... Discord, what are you doing here."

"Oh please don't try and trick me, I can see right though you little disguise, demon." Discord said mocking Mumm-Ra.

Mumm-Ra decided to no longer continue with the charade he knew this creature was not going to easily swayed, when he spoke it was with his normal voice again. "So! You have discovered my secret, spirit of chaos and disorder."

"Yes I did, although to be honest it was not hard, I could sense you evil presence from a mile away. Your not very good at hiding are you might I suggest next time try hiding in stone, not good for the muscles to be sure but a better disguise then this." Discord just smiled as he was enjoying mocking this so called Ever Living Lord of Evil.

Mumm-Ra merely glared at him. "Do not underestimate spirit, I have lived for a thousand years, I have the power of the Ancient Spirit of Evil on my side the very nature of darkness, evil and terror runs through my blood. What do you have!"

"Me." Discord said smiling. "I just so happen to belong to a race of omnipotent being who happen to be all knowing an all seeing, oh sure they are as boring as Celestia, but we are still more powerful then someone of your... inferior race."

"You seem smug." Mumm-Ra commented.

"Well yes, I guess that's one of the drawbacks of being a entity, or pro's I don't which. And now, I will alert the castle of your presence."

"How." Mumm-Ra asked looking curious.

"You'll see." Discord gave Mumm-Ra an mischievous smile as he vanished in a flash of light. Mumm-Ra new he did not have much time left, he decided to exit the archives and leave the castle as fast as he could.

*****
Applejack then re-entered the castle holding a juicy red apple in one of her hooves. "Yum, those Apples are some of the best I ever did taste, sure not as good as the one's on Sweet Apple Archers, but dang close." As Applejack was about to turn around a corner she saw Twilight walking around the halls, this time she was wearing her element crown.

"Twilight, you still walking around." Applejack asked.

"Uh, no I just started." Twilight said sounding confused.

"What do you mean I saw you a while ago, you were heading to the archives and the guards wouldn't let you in but then you persuaded them to."

Twilight looked lost, she had no idea what her friend Applejack was even talking about, Twilight had been in her room most of the time trying to figure out what the great evil was, since she couldn't figure it out herself she decided to confront Princess Celestia and demand to know what was really going on. Then it hit her.

"Applejack," she said slowly a look of worry on her face. "Did you say you saw me earlier."

"Uh, yeah, that's what I just said." Applejack said now sounding a bit annoyed by the repetition of the questions being asked.

"Uh oh!" Twilight face turned grim

Then from the distance a large crashing sound could be heard, something hard and heavy had been knocked over.

"What in tarnation." Applejack asked.

"Come on!" Twilight ran in the direction of the crashing sound.


******
Rubbing his mane Mumm-Ra got up after mysteriously running into a suite of armor that appeared out of nowhere. In the distance he heard the sounds of galloping hooves heading toward him he ran as fast as he could trying to avoid begin detected by any prying pony eyes.

"Hey stop there!." he heard on of the Ponies say.

Mumm-Ra tried to hoof it as fast as he could, he would have preferred to fight but he hopped to keep his cover as long as possible.

He turned a corner a continued running down the Castle's wide halls, then above him he saw a blue Pegasus dashing toward him. He ran into the nearest door only to discover it was the door to the main throne room. He was cornered for then Twilight and all six of her friends who had apparently caught up with her during the chase now had him surrounded. They all looked at him shocked probably because he was still disguised as their friend Twilight.

"Who are you." Twilight demanded.

Mumm-Ra went head forward towards Twilight jumping onto her and knocking her onto the ground kicking her crown off. The two of them got into tussle making it difficult for the others to distinguish one from the other. Eventually the two of them separated however they were not mixed together.

"Uh, which ones the real one." Rainbowdash asked having trouble figuring out which is which.

"Guys it's me." said one of the Twilight's

"No I'm the real Twilight." said the other Twilight.

"No, I am."

Then the other Twilight jumped on the other Twilight and began kicking her in the face.

"My head hurts." Pinkie Pie said looking at both Twilights back and forth as they continue to go at each other.

"Guy's, help me." Said one Twilight.

"No help me!' Demanded another

Then in a flash Discord appeared watching the two Twilights go at it with great delight. "Oh, even though I'm reformed I still can't help it but love the Chaos of the world, and this is the most chaotic thing I've seen all day.Choices, choices, choices. Pick the wrong one and the consequences will be catastrophic. Oh what fun!" Discord was beaming with delight.

"Discord which ones' the real one, you good in chaotic situations." Rainbowdash asked.

"Yes, I am but, I don't know..." Discord said seeming reluctant. "Does Twilight, need me again."

"Oh not this again." All the Mane Six said getting annoyed by Discord's antiques.

"Okay fine!" Discord said. "Look perhaps if you six are the close friends you all claim to be, then a test of character is required here. Ask some questions that only the real Twilight will know." Discord snapped his fingers separating the two Twilights and teleporting them side by side. "Okay, Rainbowdash ask the first question."

"What my dream in life?" Rainbowdash asked.

"To be a Wonderbolt." The Twilight on the right asked.

"Correct." Rainbowdash said looking pleased.

" One to Zero." Discord said keeping score. He snapped his fingers and a little scoreboard appeared floating above the two Twilights heads. "Okay Applejack your next."

"What's my sister's name?" Applejack asked

"Applebloom." answered the Twilight on the left

"One to One." Discord said again as he snapped his fingers updating the scoreboard."Okay, now I shall ask the last question, the final strike. What am I."

The Twilight on the left was the first to answer. "Your belong to a race of omnipotent entities."

Discord smiled. "The Twilight on the right is real Twilight, the one on the left is a imposter." he pointed his finger towards the false Twilight.

Mumm-Ra was furious, he had been tricked by a mere imp, he finally had enough of this nuances, it was time to show no more mercy, he then spook in his normal voice. "Very well, it is time to show you the face of evil."

A dark atmosphere then began to descend upon the room, an evil energy surrounded Mumm-Ra still disguised body, then the energy consumed him and turned him back into his Ever Living form. The ponies looked horrified they have never seen something so horrible and monstrous, it's red eyes glaring into them.

"What.. who are you." Twilight asked cowering at fear at the Evil One's monstrous presence.

"I am, MUMM-RA, THE EVER, LIVING!" Mumm-Ra bellowed loudly the room amplifying his voice ten fold. "And you will meet, your... Doom! HA! HA! HA! HA!"

Author's Note:

Please comment to tell me if I did the disguised character bit correct, it was my first time doing it. And probably won't be my last.