• Published 26th Jun 2013
  • 1,280 Views, 22 Comments

As long as evil exists - jidbrony



A evil force from an era long past has returned from Equstria to seek redemtion in the eyes of his evil masters. A Thundercats MLP crossover

  • ...
2
 22
 1,280

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The astral plane an endless void of nothingness, only darkness from as far as the eye could see. This was the place were those who had no good heart or noble soul went to when there physical manifestation was no more. Each of there spirits were trapped inside little triangles that spun around and around creating everlasting torment. And inside one of these triangles laid one of the most evil beings to have ever existed in the last 1000 years.

"Oh my dreaded hound, how did we get stuck into this mess. For centuries, I Mumm-Ra the ever living source of evil, master of Third Earth, spread terror and darkness to wherever my evil hand could touch. But now thanks' to those reached Thundercats, I am trapped here in the astral plane doomed to be nothing more than a empty shell for all time." Mumm-Ra just held his demonic bull hound Ma-Mutt as he spate hatred towards all of his enemies. He then sulked onto the ground as he knew that he was done.

But in this moment of great depression four small red lights appeared in front of him. The demonic Lord looked up and saw these four specs of light grow larger and larger and morph into four stoned figures, they had human bodies but animal heads. A bull, a crocodile, a pig, and a vulture. They were the ancient spirits of evil, the very source of all darkness throughout the universe.

"Masters!" Mumm-Ra screamed as he kneeled before these four statues groveling at there stoned feet. There eyes glowed red as if glaring at him, piercing his very soul. Then they all began to speak as one echoing voice across the plane.

"MUMM-RA.......MUMM-RA! WE! THE ANCIENT SPIRTIS OF EVIL AFTER LONG AND CONSIDERATE DEBATE HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE YOU A CHANCE AT REDEMTION."

"Yes thank you masters, I will be you ever living servant and I will insure you a swift victory against those miserable do-gooders the Thundercats and...."

"NO" The spirits bellowed

"What?" Mumm-Ra looked surprised.

"NO!" The spirits bellowed again "WE HAVE DECIDED THAT YOUR REDEMTION WILL TAKE PLACE IN A NEW WORLD, ONE THAT HAS NOT TRUELY BEEN TOUCHED BY OUR EVIL PRESENCE."

"A world without evil?" Mumm-Ra looked shocked.

"OH, THERE IS EVIL" The spirits responded. "BUT IT'S A WEAK INNOCENT TYPE OF EVIL THAT CAN EASILY BE.......REFORMED" That last word was hard for the spirits to stomach.

"What...What is this place." Mumm-Ra asked seeming a little nervous, unsure what task the ancient ones will bestow to him..

"YOU......WILL....SEE." Shouted the spirits making the plane to shake.

Then the Ancient Spirits of Evil eyes glowed red as they blasted a surge of energy that headed straight towards Mumm-Ra and hit him, projecting off into the distance out of the astral Plane"

******
Inside a vast baron desert there was nothing but sand as far as the eyes could see. Nothing seemed to grow here there was not a living creature to be seen everything felt dead and rotten.

Then the sky began to be covered by dark clouds as they began to swirl around, covering everything with their black menace. In the center of the dark clouds a red beam struck the ground like a lightning bolt. Coming from it the blued skin, decayed mummy Mumm-Ra appeared, dragging his red robes and bandages across the sands his loyal hound following right behind him.

He stumbled onto the ground feeling weak and powerless for a few minutes. He gets back up and looks around to see nothing but desert.

He takes a look at his dreaded mutt "Humph, this place looks suitable to be our new home eh boy. Nice and dead just as I prefer it."

Ma-Mutt just responded by barking happily.

Mumm-Ra then kneels on the ground again and puts his hand in the sand a purple aura of energy began to emerge from it.

"Ancient Spirits of Evil...Give me your power, your might, your evil! So that I may execute you wicked wishes."

The dark clouds began to swirl again striking lightening at the sands. Then from the skies several black stoned bricks began to crash land on to the ground like rain drops did from the skies. The stone material all landed in specific areas in the sand eventually forming a large mighty structure of a black Onyx Pyramid with four obelisk towers surrounding it on all four corners.

Inside the massive fortress Mumm-Ra stood inside the mane throne room. In the back of the chamber was a large skeleton head it's mouth wide opened, for it contained a sarcophagus. In the four corners of the room were the statures of the ancient spirits of evil. And in the center laid a massive cauldron it's evil essence bubbling in it.

Mumm-Ra walked up towards the cauldron raised booth is arms in the air. The cauldron responded as smoke arose from it.

"Ancient Spirits of Evil.....I Mumm-Ra former master of Third Earth ask you this one request. Permit me to know the location of which you have sent me so that I may better aid in you orders."

Then the eyes of the statures burst open glowing red. Together the four statues stuck there energies beams into the cauldron. Then an image of a lush beautiful world appeared within it's bubbly essence.

"THIS MUMM-RA IS THE LAND OF .......EQUESTRIA!" Echoed the Spirits.

Mumm-Ra seemed shocked to here this news. "Equestria!... The land of the mystical talking pones? Why...I haven't been here since..."

He paused Mumm-Ra then began to think about the last time he had been in Equestria.

"YES....YOU REMEMBER DON'T YOU MUMM-RA. YOU ARRIVED AROUND THE TIME AFTER THE DEFEAT OF DISCORD AND THE CYRSTAL EMPIRE INNCODENT BUT BEFORE THE NIGHTMARE MOON EVENT."

"Yes..... I do remember." Mumm-Ra said smiling. "Oh those were some glorious days, I practically destroyed Celestia's castle, burned the EverFree forest to the ground and nearly brought this miserable race and every other creature in this world to near extinction!"

"YES THIS IS WHY WE HAVE CHOSEN THIS LAND AS THE PERFECT PLACE FOR YOU TO REDEEM YOURSELF IN OUR EYES. YOUR PAST KNOWLEDGE OF THIS WORLD HAS ALREADY GIVEN YOU THE ADVANTAGE! PLUS IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO SETTLE SOME OLD SCORS WITH SOME......FRIENDS."

Mumm-Ra's eyes glowed at this notion. "Yes... I haven't seen the dear princess in ages. My time ruling Third Earth has not allowed me any time to pay any visits to my.... friends..... beyond. Yes this will be the perfect opportunity for me to catch up." Then Mumm-Ra burst out in a insane cackle. "But first It has been so long since I've last been here. A thousand years is a long time to be gone. It' is best if I do a little reconnaissance on the situation perhaps find some allies, changelings are always good minions, perhaps Discord is still locked in stone. He's powerful."

"SADLY DISCORD HAD BEEN ..... REFORMED A FEW MONTHS AGO."

Mumm-Ra seemed annoyed at this news but not entirely surprised. "Bah...He was never truly evil anyway, only his power was what I found interesting about him. Shame though could have made a good ally. Tell me a little more ancient one's. What should I be aware of ... Who should I be aware of!"

The Cauldron seemed to answer Mumm-Ra's question for him, for the image changed inside of it and showed Purple Unicorn walking around a small village with a baby dragon.

Mumm-Ra locked at this creature with his menacing blood red eyes scowling. "Who is this?"

"SHE IS TWILIGHT SPARKES ONE OF THE BERROR'S OF the ELEMENT OF HARMONY. SHE IS KEEPER OF MAGIC!"

Mumm-Ra burst out laughing. "Really! Her, well I new that the elements would one day the elements would be passed down from the princesses but not to mere common folk. A mere ..child no less."

"DO NOT UNDERESTMATE HERE!!!!" The spirits shouted in anger. SHE ALONG WITH HER FRIENDS HAVE FACED MANY CHALLANGES IN THIS WORLD! DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN BY UNDERESTAMTING YOUR ENEMIES."

Mumm-Ra was a taken aback by the spirits warning. "Hmm perhaps. Overconfidence was my downfall last time. I will not make the same mistakes again. I learn from my mistakes unlike my former henchman did in the past."

Mumm-Ra continued to look in the cauldron and notice something off about this strange little pony. She had wings.

"An Alicorn!" Mumm-Ra was shocked.

"Yes"Replied the spirits. "IT WAS ONLY RECENTLY THAT THE SHE BECAME A ALICORN PRICNESS. FOR YEARS NOW SHE HAD BEEN UNDER THE WING OF PRINCESS CELESTIA HERSELF AS HER NUMBER ONE STUDENT."

Mumm-Ra then began to ponder this strange news rubbing his chin and pondering dark thoughts. "It appears then that Celestia might be ready to prepares for the succession process then and has chosen her candidate." Then Mumm-Ra clenched his fists and looked determined. "But I will not wait for that day, I will make my mark on this world again and insure that Princess Celestia and her beloved sister Luna know the power of Mumm-Ra!" He burst out in a insane laughter. As he calmed down he looked back at his cauldron again which had a image of Twilight Sparkle "But until I do I might want to keep an eye on this so called... Princess...Twilight...Sparkle." With that evil monster chuckled his blood red eyes just starred into the cauldron looking upon somepony who did not know that she was in extreme danger.


*********

Standing on the balcony at Canterlot Castle Princess Celestia and Luna watch the night sky looking at the bright moon which Luna herself had made sure shined extra bight tonight.

"A lovely moon as always sister." Celestia said.

"Thank you sister." Luna responded.

Then in a instant princess Luna and Celestia then began to stumble losing there balance for a second.

"Did you..... feel that Tia" Luna said looking around.

"I did...... Strange."

"What could it mean sister."

"I don't know.....But that feeling it's something......something I haven't fell in a long time."

Princess Celestia and Luna gave each other worried looks as they wondered what had just happened not knowing what was about to come

Author's Note:

If you wondering why the ancient spirits of evil is all caps it because they are always booming and loud so I though it seemed fitting also I didn't know how to make things in Bolden text (YET, will edit later). I've always wanted to read a Thundercats/MLP crossover fiction but never found one strangely. Interesting fact I was either going to do this or post of G.I Joe MLP crossover were Cobra comes to Equestria and does well ... Cobra stuff but I though this would be more unique. Remember this is my first fan fic and writing is not for first skill. I'm more of an idea's man I come up with concepts not execution but I do I what I can. Hope you enjoy. Remember feedback is encourage (But please make it constructive)