• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 3,378 Views, 86 Comments

Hitting The Books - CrypticMetaphor



When a writer from Earth ends up in Canterlot High will he survive the horrors he has endured once before?

  • ...
25
 86
 3,378

Chapter 21- Dark Horizon

All I saw was a bunch of multicolored shapes rushing past in a blurred sequence. Soon there was a massive flash as we all stumbled around in surprise and disorientation. Twilight had teleported us all back to Dash’s house.

I raised a finger, “Did we all just teleport?”

Sunset nodded, “Yep, felt familiar enough.”

I nodded slowly as I covered my mouth, “Excuse me I have to go vomit.”

*

The girls looked after Scribe as he rushed to the bathroom. Twilight sat down and exhaled in exhaustion as she removed the element. Upon doing so the girls returned to normal and all of them joined their friend in sitting down.

Twilight blinked a few times and held her head, “Augh!”

Rarity approached quickly, “Twilight, are you alright?”

Twilight shook her head, “I was afraid of this.”

Sunset noticed she trailed off, “What are you talking about?”

Twilight leaned forward, “After we all used the element’s energy on you at the Formal I sort of blacked out for a minute due to some form of strain. I think I know what it is. Since the other elements aren’t here to help power it, the Element of Magic is pulling magical energy from not only all of you but from me as well. Since I am naturally attuned to magic it’s putting a lot of strain on my body.”

Applejack nodded in understanding, “Then we shouldn’t use the crown for a while, there’s no tellin what could happen to ya.”

Twilight leaned back, “Okay I think the headaches gone now. We had better start planning our next move because I have this feeling that Chrysalis is going for a power play.”

Pinkie Pie pulled out a large map of the town much to everyone’s surprise, “Well I’m ready when you all are.”

Scribe walked out and pointed at Twilight, “Please for the love of my innards, don’t teleport with me again.”

Twilight smiled in embarrassment, “Sorry.”

*

Chrysalis blinked her eyes open as Vice-Principal Luna glared down at her, “So how do you feel?”

Luna glanced at her hands, “A little odd,” her pupils then became slits, “But better than I have ever felt before!”

Chrysalis smiled, “Glad to hear it your highness.”

Luna glanced around in slight distaste, “This world, it’s so drab and tasteless. Where am I?”

Chrysalis stood up, “You are in the world beyond The Crystal Mirror.”

Luna’s eyes brightened evilly, “I am, am I?”

Chrysalis nodded, “Indeed, there is no Celestia to banish you to the moon and its inhabitants are all ripe for the picking!”

Luna smiled in absolute dark glee, “Interesting, but why have you brought me here?”

Chrysalis formed her hands into a pyramid, “For a business proposition. We share a common enemy and I have others on my payroll as it were. The offer I give you is that if you help me destroy my enemies I shall give you this world as a token of good will.”

Luna narrowed her eyes, “And what’s stopping me from taking it from you.”

Chrysalis casually removed The Algorithm, “Know what this is?”

Luna backed up in slight fear, “How did you?”

Chrysalis smiled in victory, “I have my ways, now do we have a deal?”

*

Twilight and the girls were all relatively quiet as we all arrived at the school. Though I couldn’t blame them, yesterday we had defeated a dark powered drama teacher and didn’t know what lay on the horizon for us all. As we ventured indoors we noticed that flyers had been set up that informed the students of an assembly in twenty minutes. We all turned the corner and froze in mid-stride; Chrysalis was standing with her arms crossed in the deserted hallway.

Chrysalis smirked, “Long time no see Twilight Sparkle.”

I looked at Twilight, “You know her?!”

Twilight narrowed her eyes, “Unfortunately we have met.”

Chrysalis stood wearing that same smirk, “So how did you enjoy your play date with Sombra? Up to your standards I hope.”

We all stepped forward but Chrysalis waved the advance off, “Oh please don’t start on the bravado, I have a massive migraine right now and I only wish to talk.”

Applejack narrowed her eyes as well, “And why should we listen to anythin ya have ta say?”

Chrysalis shrugged, “You don’t have too but it’s advised. You see I have run into a minor…setback, The Algorithm is currently out of my hands and has been stolen.”

I raised an eyebrow, “By whom?”

Chrysalis sighed, “A monster that I ironically made.”

The speakers went off and informed all students to report to the gym for the assembly. As we walked away from the now annoyed Queen I began to think on what she had said. A monster she had created had taken The Algorithm; the question is though what monster had been made? I pushed the thought back in my mind as all the students took their seats in the gym and stared at the stage. What struck me as odd was the fact that the flyers didn’t give an explanation on what exactly was going on in terms of the assembly’s guidelines, but we all waited. Soon Principal Celestia walked on stage and cleared her throat.

She addressed everyone in a calm manner, “Good morning everyone. Now to start off I am sure you have all heard the rumours of the…attack on Crystal Empire University and how it might have occurred with Mr. Sombra. Well I am here today to inform you that these rumors are in fact true, Mr. Sombra has been taken into custody and therefore I am afraid that school has been canceled today due to this and several other factors.”

A student known as Trixie raised her hand, “And what exactly are these other factors?”

Celestia visibly sighed in annoyance, “Some property damage that has occurred last night most likely due to vandalism and Vice- Principal Luna’s unannounced absence. So you can all go home now for the day, but expect classes to resume tomorrow.”

As everyone rose to leave all of the doors in the gym slammed shut by themselves, a haunting laugh then drifted on the air. The curtains parted behind Celestia to reveal the Vice-Principal standing with her arms crossed and a grin on her face.

Luna looked to Celestia, “I am not absent I was merely taking a slight…reprieve.”

Celestia looked around as the lights seemed to dim, “What’s going on here?”

Luna laughed again in mirth, “Simple, a change of management!”

Twilight’s eyes widened when she heard the laugh, “No…not her.”

I looked to her quickly but then looked at the stage. Vice- Principal Luna was then consumed by an odd mist which soon subsided and seemed to merge with her. The Vice- Principal now stood in a full suit of sinister azure armor complete with a helmet. The visor was t-shaped almost like a Spartans and the mist bled out of the helmet itself in a formless mass that could be considered her hair. Her skin had turned black and a massive pair of matching wings extended as she cackled again.

Sunset blinked in disbelief, “Is that?”

Twilight nodded, “Nightmare Moon.”

I looked at the girls in confusion, “Who?”

Sunset pointed at the stage, “A mare of darkness and night eternal.”

Nightmare Moon gazed at the fear filled gym with her slitted eyes, “Ah it’s good to see that I still have a decent presence even among beings such as you. But where are my manners? Allow me to introduce myself; I am Nightmare Moon, your future Queen of the Night!”

Celestia stepped forward, “Luna stop this at once!”

Nightmare Moon just glared at the Principal who shrunk back in fear, “You dare to command me you carbon copy? Don’t make me laugh.”

Nightmare Moon’s forehead lit up in a fashion similar to Twilight’s as she then blasted Celestia into the crowd.

Nightmare Moon then descended to the floor, “Now let’s get things under way shall we?”

Twilight’s eyes shrunk when the dark mistress approached her, “It’s impossible!”

Nightmare Moon glared into the girls eyes, “Oh no, your eyes do not deceive you young foal. After all who’d know me better than you?”

I looked at the girls then around the room, we were trapped in a gym with a super powered psychopath.