• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 765 Views, 22 Comments

Equestrian Darkness - Arreis Of Avalon



How did Luna become Nightmare Moon? Was it really connected to Discord? How did Tia manage to use the Elements of Harmony against her sister with only her elements? All that and more is answered in this, "Equestrian Darkness".

  • ...
0
 22
 765

Prologue: A Bit of Back Story

Finally, it all seemed to be over. After finding and harnessing the power of the Elements of Harmony, Princess Celestia and her sister, Luna, had immortalized the draconequus Discord in stone. Earth ponies, Pegasi and Unicorn’s alike praised them and had crowned them their princesses. The Chaos Discord had created had been cleared, and it was about a year since they had first discovered the elements.

However, ever since they had ended Discord’s reign, Princess Celestia had sensed a change in her younger sister. Luna had become more aloof and distrusting. She was very subtle in these changes, and the Princess had only noticed her sister’s distress a week ago. Instead of joining her older sister on her rounds that morning, Luna insisted that she had other duties to perform at the Everfree castle and that she would not be able to see to them if she went about the town square looking for foolish trinkets and beads with her sister.

After asking the castle staff, Celestia noticed a re-occurring pattern. Princess Luna had begun to send her servants away, telling them she was quite able to handle things herself. She had even gone so far as to use magic to bar them from her room.

Normally, Princess Celestia would be more perturbed by her sister’s behavior, but with all of her own royal duties, she could understand if Luna had some trouble adjusting to her new rank. Before the rule of Discord, Celestia and her sister had been mere peasants in the Chaos fields. But then, after seeing the pain and hardship he put on other ponies, Celestia knew she had to put a stop to it. Now, unexpectedly, they were princesses. She sighed, remembering another probable cause of Luna’s sadness. The Princess had just earned her cutie mark, a rising sun, which signified her power to raise the sun and moon. She let Luna raise the moon while she made the sun rise, but Luna still did not have a cutie mark. The princess sighed again. Maybe if she waited for things to settle down, Luna would be back to her old self again.

If only that had been the case…

Author's Note:

Wow, i found this in an old file in my recycling bin, and figured you all might like a look at it. Have fun reading, if this makes submission. Also, don't hate it just because it's a 'How Luna Blah Blah Blah" fan fic. I know there's a lot of them, but i just wanted to share my views on it.