• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 764 Views, 22 Comments

Equestrian Darkness - Arreis Of Avalon



How did Luna become Nightmare Moon? Was it really connected to Discord? How did Tia manage to use the Elements of Harmony against her sister with only her elements? All that and more is answered in this, "Equestrian Darkness".

  • ...
0
 22
 764

Nightly Visits

It was almost midnight. Luna knew this, having raised the full moon just a few hours ago. ‘Does time really go by that fast?’ she wondered. She stared up at the moon, seeing its blank face staring at her. She sighed. ‘It’s always the worst when there is a full moon’ she thought. ‘His voice just gets clearer and more convincing.’ “Stop it, Luna!” she said to herself. “If you think that he can make you think that, he will be more convincing! If you just believe in yourself, you won’t give him any footholds in your mind!”

Can’t I, Luna?

Luna’s eyes widened in fear. “No! Not yet!” She said. “It can’t be midnight yet!!”

The voice chuckled darkly. “Oh, Luna, you’ve grown to be such a bore. If I came every night a midnight, we wouldn’t have any fun.

“No Discord! You- you aren’t here! He’s not here, Luna, he’s not her-“

Oh, Luna, I forgot how grim you are. It’s just so hard to remember things when your body is imprisoned in stone. OH! I just had a fantastic idea. Why not play a game?"

“No, Discord! I- I won’t fall for your tricks again tonight!” Luna spun around, futilely trying to see where the voice was coming from. ‘Not again, Not again! This happens every night now!’

It had been going on for a good year now, since he was first encased in stone. They had started as mere nightmares, but slowly grew to haunt the princess’s mind through the entire day. Luna held her head in her hooves, sobbing into them. “N-not again,” she repeated.

Discord just laughed. “I don't come every night, my little Luna, but that’s not the point right now. What game should we play? Oh, what about the riddle game? I know you love to play that one, Luna…

It’s such a smooth and convincing voice… maybe…. Maybe I should just listen to him…’ Luna sat on the floor, silently weeping inside.

Why don’t I go first?” Luna, not knowing what else to do, just nodded. “Good. Let’s begin." Luna sighed. She knew what happened next.

“Pony of darkness
A Mare of the night
Stuck forever In the Moon’s light.”

Luna knew she was a pony of darkness, never able to be rid of the moon. All the ponies played and rejoiced in her sister’s morning, and shunned her mysterious night.

“A horrible fate
From a child of sun
Away From which you cannot run.”

Her sister always had gotten everything before she had. 'Even a cutie mark’ Luna realized. Discord knew Luna harbored feelings of envy to her sister. That was just what he had expected. She knew. One more night and he would have her. She would be his. He would play his final card. Discord would be grinning as her body began to change color to a dimmer blue, shaded with grey.

“Twists and turns
Across the stars
A mare of darkness is what you are.”

The midnight bell began to toll, ringing its dark song out for all to hear.
Dong.

A pony of the night.
Dong.

Stuck in the light of the moon.
Dong.

A horrible fate to come.
Dong.

Celestia with her sun.
Dong.

There could be no running.
Dong.

Twists and turns.
Dong.

Across the stars
Dong.

Stuck. Forever.
Dong.

‘No'
Dong.

"No."
Dong.

"NO!"
Dong.

She looked up. She opened tearful yet cold eyes, the eyes of defiance and hatred.

“No.”

A flash of light, and Luna slipped into a restless sleep, darkness tugging at the edges of her nightmares. Discord laughed. 'Sleep well, dear Princess, and dream of the fate to come.'

Author's Note:

WOW, lots of italics. So, technically, THIS was my first fan fic. I began writing it when i first saw MLP, during season 1. It kind of... Yeah, it really actually sucks. I'm editing the HECK out of this. ^^;; In any case, enjoy the story.