• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 760 Views, 22 Comments

Equestrian Darkness - Arreis Of Avalon



How did Luna become Nightmare Moon? Was it really connected to Discord? How did Tia manage to use the Elements of Harmony against her sister with only her elements? All that and more is answered in this, "Equestrian Darkness".

  • ...
0
 22
 760

A Chaotic Deal

Celestia heard the crystal doors shut behind her. She slowly began to walk up to the stone statue. As she got closer, she noticed the statue was cracked in places, all of the cracks stemming from Discords heart.

“Discord…”

Celestia gasped as the stone pedestal he stood on cracks once more, and in a burst of light, Discord the Draconequus stood in front of her, in the flesh. “Oh, my aching back,” he said, cracking his back. “A mere year in stone, and I’m already creaky.”

Celestias eyes narrowed. “Discord, I do not have time for your games.”

Discord laughed, and Celestia heard the sound echo around her, seeming an endless, bone – chilling laugh that surrounded her and swallowed her up in its noise. She cringed slightly as the sound became sharper in her ears, like hooves on a chalkboard. “Why are you deep down in the crystal caves, Princess? Shouldn’t you be out enjoying the bright night?” He rolled on the air, laughing.

Celestia sighed, knowing what she must do. “Discord… I have come to make you a deal.”

Discord stopped laughing, his back to the Princess. Because of this, she could not see his cunning smile. “Moi? You came to ask ME for a deal? My, my, you MUST be desperate.”

She turned her head slightly, not wishing to comprehend what she was doing. This was the only way, she told herself. “I am not powerful enough to banish Nightmare Moon on my own. I don’t even know where to banish her to. She was born of chaos… and so, chaos must unmake her.”

Discords grin grew larger, and he re-appeared behind Celestia, his face a mystery. “And you think I’ll help you? Why?”

She kept her face cold and like stone. She knew of his cunning ability and smooth voice – He had changed her sister the same way he tried to change her now. “Discord, you will help me now… and in return…” She closed her eyes and hung her head. “I will do you any favor you ask.”

Discords eyes widened as they filled with a childish delight, much like the eyes of a foal that was playing their favorite game. The game was cunning, and Discord was the master of playing it. “A favor, you say? Oh, whatever is it that I could want?” He sneered at her. “Power? No, I have plenty already.” With a snap of his claw, Celestia turned pink. She snarled at him, and he laughed whilst changing her back. “Let’s see here, Money? Bits don’t get anything in today’s economy. Love?”

He paused a moment, glancing at Celestia. She blushed slightly and he laughed. “With you, Tia? Please. I could do better with a mule.”

She gasped at him in anger, but kept her mouth shut. He was just trying to rile her into saying something she would regret.

“Really, I can see nothing that I would want… except…”

Celestia felt her head tilted up to look at his, his soft paw beneath her chin. “I want you to give me the forbidden spells.”

Her eyes widened. “Discord, those are secret… how did you-“

He rolled his eyes, letting her go. “Do you not remember the fact that I read minds? I knew you were dim, Tia, but THIS!”

Her eyes hardened into a glare. “Those spells are forbidden for a reason. Star Swirl the Bearded himself stated that we were not meant to bring forth artificial life.”

Discord grinned. “Artificial life, you say? Celestia, those spells are the key to life. With them, as you know, you can make anypony possible. You can make a pony be born… why, you can create destiny.”

She glared at him, thinking. Was it worth getting her sister back to give up such terrifying power to him? “Will you return to stone afterwards?”

His grin grew, if possible, bigger. “Well, now, isn’t that a pickle. If we banish Nightmare Moon, there goes the 6th Element. So, how do you get me to return to stone?”

She gasped as he snapped his claw again, and before her stood Discord, in stone again, yet beside her stood the same Discord she had been speaking to. “Very life - like, isn’t he? Of course, that will be me. Yes, Celestia, you have my word, I will return to stone.”

Her eyes narrowed as she looked for loopholes in his deal. “But couldn’t you just break out again?”

He shook his head. “Not until what happens tonight happens again. When chaos begins to stir in Equestria, I will be free of my stone prison once more. Even if it is the tiniest bit, the stone will begin to crack, and I will be free to spread my delightful chaos around the world.”

Celestia sighed. It wasn’t a perfect plan… but it was better than nothing, she told herself. “And you say that you can banish Nightmare Moon from my sister for good?”

He grinned, his eyes deceptive. “I swear to you, Celestia, Luna will be freed in due time. Nightmare Moon will be banished from her heart, but only if you make this deal with me.”

Celestia closed her eyes tightly. She scarcely heard her own voice agree to his deal. He grinned and held out his claw. “Shake on it?”

She put out a hesitant hoof, and he grabbed it quickly. She gasped as she felt power surge through her. She stumbled back, feeling the magic of chaos run in her veins. She looked in the crystals around her, and her eyes widened as her reflection became a pony she did not know.

Her mane grew to be the colors of the sunset, no longer a cool rainbow of colors, but instead the colors of a raging fire that tore down its enemies with its blazing touch. Her eyes grew from the violet she had grown used to, to a bright blood red, and she could only describe it as the blood of her enemies. “W-what have you done to me,” she asked, a voice not her own sounding terrified.

Discord smiled, and for once, Celestia saw grimness in that face. He was no longer the mischief loving draconequus… he was now a God, a deity, and a serious one. “I have brought you to Moons level of power. Chaos can only be fought with Chaos. That is the only way to make order.” She nodded, his perverse logic somehow making sense. He glanced up, seemingly through the stone of the mountain, and towards where Celestia knew the monster who had taken her sister now flew. “We must be quick, Princess. Chaos is something that makes the heart wicked… We may already be too late.”

Author's Note:

WOOT! TWO CHAPTERS DONE IN ONE NIGHT! There's something to smile about. Now, gotta post quick, laptops almost dead. Enjoy "A Chaotic Deal"!