• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 409 Views, 0 Comments

Hidden Prisoner - MoonlitHaze225



Moonlit Haze is lucky she escaped the Rainbow Factory. She goes into hiding deciding to inform Celestia about the Factory, but can she make it in time?

  • ...
 0
 409

4: The Arrival

I guess I fell asleep last night since the sun was shining through the window and woke me up. I lied there for a while since I wasn't in danger this morning, hopefully. I sat up, noticing Noteworthy was also awake and there were 2 bowls of oats and some side morning snacks. "Morning, eat up." he said as I shook my head trying to fix my mane if it was messed up, "You didn't have to," I said and cleared my throat. "It doesn't matter, go on." he smiled as he responded then took a bite into his oats, I stared into my bowl then asked him, "Alright. Um, when does the train arrive in Canterlot?" I stuck my face into the bowl and calmly took a big bite. He responded, "2 hours or so." he was done with his oats and shoved the bowl to the edge with his hoof. I looked at a nearby clock hanging off the wall, arriving around noon, I thought to myself. I smiled and continued to eat my oats.

An hour and a half went by and I began to grow anxious. I needed to alert her quickly, but, I was enjoying my freedom. I glanced out the window and I could she Celestia's castle in the far distance. I began to shifting in my seat, a lot, Noteworthy noticed. He looked at me with a face and removed his headphones that always seemed to be glued onto his ears, "You, alright?" I looked at him still shifting, and uncomfortable. "Um, yea. I-I think. I-I don't know? Am I? I think I am, w-why would you ask?" I replied nervously, with an awkward smile. He sat up, "Well for one, you're moving around a lot, and stuttering, come on. Tell me, I'm good with help. Dr. Noteworthy is here to help." he rested his hooves on the table with the bottoms of them touching. I sighed, "I'm arriving in Canterlot for important business, can't really tell you, but I'm not ready for it, and I'm freaking out." He raised his hoof to his chin and rubbed, he looked out of the window and thought, "Do you have a place to stay in Canterlot?" I shook my head. "Well I am going to be in there for 2 weeks, yes?" I nodded, shifted again, and he continued, "in a non creepy way, if you would like to stay with me in my hotel until you are ready, you are more than welcome too. It has two beds, turns out Vinyl can't stay. Would you like to?" I shifted and thought. "Um, i-if you don't mind. Sure." I was less anxious, feeling better that I could my freedom could last longer. I stopped shifting as much. Noteworthy smiled and became more relaxed in the seat. My front hooves rolled around each other under the table between us, thinking. "Noteworthy, I'm going to the Princess." I didn't look up, but I felt like he had a surprised look on his face. "For something important." I added and looked up with my eyes and not my head. He stared at me, "For real?" he asked and I nodded. "That's really cool. What's important that needs to wait?" he asked. I sighed and said "I can't tell you, but it can wait." Noteworthy shrugged "Alright."

The train started to slow down, my stomach felt uneasy, but I ignored it and shoved my cape into my satchel and quickly combed out my mane and tail, and tightened the satchel under my wings. Our cart started to unload, I watched the ponies get off and those anxious get on. "Follow me" said Noteworthy as he got into the aisle putting his side satchel on that I never knew he had. He trotted towards the door, as I trotted along too. He jumped off the steps, I floating and remained flapping my wings. Welcome to Canterlot! a sign above the train station read. I floated in one spot for few seconds, noticing Noteworthy trotting away, I flew over to him. "It's a little far from the train station. Hope that's not a problem." he said glancing at me and then looking straight ahead. I replied "Nope, got wings." I let out a small laugh and a smile. Free. Yes! I am! No more guards! I CAN be happy now! I flew up towards the sky and made a loop, smiling all the way. As we walked through the streets of Canterlot, we chatted and I did multiple tricks, rising and falling, corkscrews, loops, and much more, being careful that nothing fell out of my satchel.

When we arrived at the hotel Noteworthy checked in, and we heading to our two pony room. Noteworthy let me choose a bed. I chose the one farthest from the door, he got the one closest. I flopped onto it, closing my eyes and rolling around in the comfort of it. Warm, soft, blankets. "Ahhh. I have missed you!" I accidently said as I turned and opened my eyes find Noteworthy staring. "Hmm. Well, okay. I am actually helping Vinyl tonight, so I'll be out." Noteworthy exclaimed as he tossed his satchel onto his bed. That reminded me of mine, so I did the same. "Could I go? I need some fun." I flapped my wings lifting me off the bed. I smiled wide. "Sure, but, you will have to help me when I need it." he replied. I dropped back onto the bed letting out a sigh "Thank you." We watched T.V. mostly news since nothing else was on. I was worried the news might say that there is a pegasus on the loose, escaped from prison, and give a description of what I look like, or something like that. But luckily there wasn't. Noteworthy fell asleep after telling me to wake him up at six. I thought about sleeping, but decided not too since I would have a few nights to do that.

~

"Noteworthy, get up! It's six o'clock!" I shouted just so he could hear me and not surrounding rooms. He didn't move, I walked up next to him, brought my front hooves on the bed and stamped, causing the bed the shake. Noteworthy turned the other way. "alright then." I hopped onto my bed for while. Fifteen minutes passed. I crouched on my bed, aiming for his, staring at the edge of the fuzzy blanket that was underneath him. In an instant I flew onto his bed jumped, grabbing the edge in mouth, clenched it tightly, and pulled. Noteworthy flipped off the bed with a gasp. I flew above him, smiled and made him aware "It's past six" as I talked the blanket plopped down on top of him. He was in a panic, quickly untangling himself, grabbing his headphones in his mouth and tossed them around his neck. He looked in the mirror, finding a mess of mane, shook it off. Noteworthy pushed his IHoof into his satchel, and tossed it on as he jumped over the blanket on the ground. I beat him to the door, already open so he can run out and down through the halls. I flew after him, until getting yelled at staff to not fly. I caught up with him at the door, he was trotting down the sidewalk, since Midnight Beats wasn't far.

He slowed down before approaching, while I landed. The neon blue lights of the clubs name lit up a section of the sidewalk. I smiled, ready for fun. There was a line to get in, Noteworthy walked right up to the guards at the front door and chatted. They let us pass. It was dark inside, lowly dimmed lights somewhat showed you where to go. There was another door that was like a kitchen door, Noteworthy kept moving as he pushed it open with his shoulder. The long bar was the first thing to see, then seats, then the large dance floor, and of course the stage. Only a table was up there right now. I smiled, ready for anything, except one. But, that will not ruin it for me! Somepony called from the back, "Hey! I need a little help right now!" Noteworthy trotted towards the voice, and so did I. Backstage was lit nice and bright, but, nopony was in sight. Noteworthy walked slowly looking around. A giant speaker slides in front us, I shot straight up, while Noteworthy jumped back. The speaker was surrounded in blue magic. A laughing white unicorn came out from behind a curtain. "You should have seen your face! No, faces?" she continued to laugh. Noteworthy replied with "Ha, ha, ha. This is Cloudy, she is here to help." he raised his hoof pointing to the pony. "This is my sister, Vinyl Scratch." I smiled, "Nice to meet you" and reached out a hoof. She was still laughing, as she meet my hoof and shook it firmly. She tilted her head towards her brother and he somewhat shouted "No!" she shrugged and stopped shaking my hoof and laughing. "But no, seriously, I need help." she pointed to her spin table, and all the wires that were already removed from their cases. Noteworthy and I walked up to the spin table, she loaded it onto our backs, and we carfeully walked to the table. Of course, she helped putting it down onto the table. Noteworthy plugged in everything while I helped Vinyl with other things, she also had some other unicorns help her. We chatted, including how I got to stay with her brother. But not a single word about the place. She was all good.

It was an hour when we were all done and the club opened soon after. The strangest thing is that Vinyl never took off her shades, while working, and when how dark the club was. How could she see? Oh well, she knows how to drop the beats. I was backstage, watching her spin and scratch the records, watching. She motioned me to come up, so I slowly did. I looked out, ponies flooded the dance floor that now lit up changing colors, lights above flashed and faded into other colors. She extended her front leg and was able to pull me towards her. She used her magic to put headphones on me. "Alright, when I say go switch this button on." I could hear her through the headphones and she didn't move her mouth. "Thoughts" I heard again. Alright I hovered my hoof near it ready for the signal. I could hear her music on low volume. "Go!" she thought to me. I switched it up. I noticed what I did, I signaled the drop to come on. Wow. Ah-ha! I did it! I let out a smile and so did she. I looked over at her and her shades shined and glare slided across the lenses. It snapped, none of this was what it seemed, all an illusion of the one and only Vinyl Scratch. We exchanged a smile and I got to help her with buttons for awhile.

After about an hour she took a break and headed to the bar, and got a few drinks. A unicorn bartender smiled and gave me a yellow looking drink with creamy foam on top. Assuming it was free, I took it and drank it. It tasted appetizing considering I haven't had a vbeer in forever. I continued to drink, Vinyl was surrounded with ponies, but I saw her raise her glass towards me.

After about three drinks I became dizzy and disoriented. I think it was Noteworthy that came up to me and dragged me to the dance floor, or was it Luna, no, it was Noteworthy. Or Vinyl? I had no idea.

~

Somepony was poking me. Over and over, and then pushed me off of some furniture. Ugh. my stomach was queasy, and I was dizzy. I looked up from the ground my vision came into focus, it was Noteworthy, he pushed me off the couch. He didn't look super happy. I got up, almost falling down multiple times, but eventually. I shook my head. "I've got this, I think. I don't know." He shrugged. "Come help." I stumbled on over backstage, but everything was away. Then Noteworthy and Vinyl screamed and popped in front me. I jumped back, and almost fell into a curtain, but landed on my rump in front it. They laughed, and I smiled. "We let you sleep, but thank you for everything. Hope to see you again sometime." Vinyl smiled and nudged her brother with her shoulder, he looked away. "Alright, Alright. See you at the next show." Noteworthy and Vinyl hoof-bumped and we left. I couldn't fly, so I walked close to Noteworthy, almost leaning on him. He seemed okay with it.

Back at the hotel I threw up, luckily in a garbage can. "Ugh." I kept my head in, afraid of releasing another, but none came. I rinsed my mouth with sink water and I got into bed, and keeping the garbage can nearby. "Goodnight Cloudy" Noteworthy said sweetly from his bed, he was looking at me. He smiled.