• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 409 Views, 0 Comments

Hidden Prisoner - MoonlitHaze225



Moonlit Haze is lucky she escaped the Rainbow Factory. She goes into hiding deciding to inform Celestia about the Factory, but can she make it in time?

  • ...
 0
 409

1: Bitter Freedom

I breathe in the warm clean air. I remove the white coat that took my freedom 3 years ago.
Ahh.

I heard shouting between the guards behind me inside the horrid place; all of their words were a jumbled mess before one of the guards overpowered the others with a loud “GO! GO! AFTER HER!”

I painfully wrapped my wings around in front of me. I grabbed the metal structures that trapped my wings in my mouth and quickly yanked them off.
YES. That is better!

I stretch my wings out and flap them a few times to shake off the feeling of cold metal. Without hesitation, I jump off of the dark gray cloud.

I plummet in a bullet like shape perpendicular to the ground, hoping I remembered how to function my wings to fly. At the last perfect second, I pull up as if catching myself. Whew. I find myself in a dark area with tons of trees, similar to Ponyvilles' Everfree Forest. I could be really close or far from home. But I wouldn't know, since I never really went into the Everfree Forest. I whip back and forth between the trees, they seemed to last forever. I thought about a safe place I could go to. Not home, not cloudsdale, maybe nowhere. I picked up my speed, when I saw the exit at a distance. In about 30 seconds I was out, then I flew up at an angle.

I whizzed past every cloud above ponyville. No matter how many pegasi I almost ran into, I wouldn't look back. I knew the guards were catching up, hopefully not as quickly as I thought. There was chaos everywhere, everypony was shouting.

I noticed one of my friends, Topaz, helping the weather team up ahead. I looked at her and felt pain, she saw me coming at here at great speed and probably also notice the guards coming for me. She barely smiled. Topaz must've known what to do since she immediately flew ahead of me and started to move clouds. She soon had a wall of clouds in front of me and left a small opening for me to slide through. She was with a colt I remember from flying school, but no name came to mind. I let out a painful smile as I grew closer. I saluted Topaz as I glided through the opening not hitting a single cloud. i smiled to myself for being able to still do this trick. I knew Topaz would've saluted back. I soared a little ahead, and then took a quick sharp curve to the left. Barely catching my breath I slammed my eyes shut and floated down to the warm ground. I opened my eyes and found myself in an alley, rather than in somepony’s backyard.

I peered around the dark blue building that was on one side of the alley and looked at the sky. I noticed 3 stallion stallions zooming towards the wall of fluff. Two were gray and one was dark blue, all appearing very strong. They all slowed down, reaching a halt before hitting the cloud. I guess they stopped to ask brief questions. I found this wonderful timing for me to leave.

I begin to trot down the street, seems to be Sugarcube Corner, towards the chaos above. I stay close to porches, tents, and other covered areas to make it hard for the guards to see me. As I'm about to go under the wall of white clouds above I see the stallions break through, causing fog, and fly ahead rather than looking below. I smirk at their foolishness as I start to pick up the speed and head towards Sapphire’s house, hoping she will remember me too.

~

I look at the small bright blue house, hoping she still lives here; I lift my hoof and rapidly bang on the door, like I used to do. I hear a loud thud from inside as if her clumsy self fell. I stretch my wings some more, still aching from earlier and the past 3 years. Soon after, she opened the door. I awkwardly smiled and let out a somewhat quiet “Hello.” She was wide eyed and silent. All Sapphire did was raise her hoof and motioned me to come in, so I did. She closed the door, and followed slowly.

“Um. Wh-” she stammered trying to speak. I cut her off, “I don’t have much time. Could I borrow your hooded cape and an old satchel please? I need it. Maybe for awhile.” “Sure.” Sapphire slowly walked down the hall making a right to her bedroom. I sat on her wood floor and let out a sigh and start to stretch my wings. I flapped them, becoming frustrated with the start of cramp I slammed them back down.

She came back out a couple minutes later, slightly wide eyed. She had the dark blue hooded cape and a brown satchel floating in the air, glowing a dark blue from her horn. Sapphire used her magic to help me slip the satchel on. And then tossed the cape around me, hood off, and tied the front string for me. “Thank you. I hope to see you soon.” I hugged her tightly and she hugged me back. With that, I exited her quiet home. I stood on the front porch and looked around. I thought about other things Ponyville might be hiding from us. Feeling Sapphire peeping through her circular door window, I pulled the hood on, and then galloped off.

Instead of asking Sapphire for anything else, and watching her go into minor shock, I head to my family and friends.I decided I need to go into extreme hiding. But where? I ask each of my friends and family for some bits, food, and other supplies I may need, telling them I’ll explain later but I’m sure they will be fine after I get out of this mess.

~

At sunset I find myself in another alley with close to 250 bits. I smile at myself for a successful day, but felt a little bad about asking friends and family for a lot. And going door to door lying about donating to the young blind ponies of ponyville.

I’m safe for now. But there is always a tonight, tomorrow, and the next day. I think I should go to Celestia about the awful prison, but, what if she knew and threw me back in? What if I don’t make it to her in time?

Author's Note:

Yay :) I guess I figured out how to work this. XD. But this is my first story! More Chapters to come with more characters :)