• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 440 Views, 5 Comments

Legion - TheRocketMan062



Everypony has secrets. A certian mare has 32 of them...

  • ...
2
 5
 440

Reveal part 2

Standing in perfect formation were several dozen gleaming suits of unusual full body armor. All of them stood at either head level, or taller than Celestia. Celestia was about to ask what this was...
When one of the suits interrupted her.
"ATTENTION! ROYALTY ON THE DECK!"
Every suit saluted in perfect sync.
Celestia was dumbfounded.
One of the armored ponies stepped out of line and stood at attention in front of Luna. "Ma'am, Legion company is ready for the demonstration." The pony's armor had two white stripes running down the helmet, and part of the chest. Celestia assumed that was a mark of leadership. Luna nodded. "My sister and I will be observing you from here. Make me proud." The leader nodded and turned to his troops. He didn't say a word, but he instead walked up and down the line.
"Private Comm channel." Luna said to Celestia.
"Who are they Luna? What kind of armor is that? and what is a comm channel...?"
Luna averted her gaze.
"They are to protect what is left of our way of life. They are my knights in shining armor. They are my Spartan's."

Sierra 096 walked up and down the line of super-soldiers before him, looking at each one of them, gazing in to the polarized glass that hid their faces, and nodded in satisfaction. "You know our mission Spartans. Today is ,in essence, graduation day. This test is not only important for us, but for Princess Luna as well. I want you all at you're best. squad leader's, you know you're assignments. Lets go." The 32 warriors before him saluted once more, and moved to their positions. One of them, a mare, moved to his side and opened a private channel to him. "This will be a walk in ze park, non?" She said in a distinct Prench accent. "Yes, but don't get cocky dusty." "Have I ever let you down?" "No, but lets not start today Lieutenant."
The mare giggled, and closed the channel. 096 could see the Spartan Pegasi flitting about above him, almost all of them were sporting SRS99C-S2 AM sniper rifles. Unicorns, like himself, wielded weapons like the MA5B assault rifle, and the BR55 battle rifle. The earth ponies in the company wielded the big guns, like the M90 tactical pump action shotgun and the M41 Surface-to-Surface Rocket Medium Anti-Vehicle/Assault Weapon, Rocket launcher for short.
All in all, these 32 ponies had enough firepower to knock Canterlot off the mountain, then blast it's remains into ashes.

After a few moments, Legion company was ready.
A moment later, a set of massive double door's swung upon.
The air was still. There was no sound.
And then a faint rumbling could be heard. After a few seconds, the rumbling grew louder. and louder, and louder.
Then a massive hoard of Manticore's, Timber-Wolves, Cockatrices, several hydra's and even a pair of dragons stormed into the arena, howling, and baying for the Spartans blood.
The Spartans didn't flinch.
They instead ran (And flew into) the approaching hoard.
All hell broke loose.

Author's Note:

CLIFFHANGER!