• Published 21st Jun 2013
  • 1,400 Views, 94 Comments

Luna's Boredom Cure - Broniesrponies2



Princess Luna is slipping back into her Pre-banishment ways due to boredom, when she suddenly stumbles on an idea that will change her life forever.

  • ...
2
 94
 1,400

SHOPPING TRIP!

Luna and Octavia strode down the steps of the castle, saddlebags heavy with gold.

"Right then," Luna said cheerfully. "Where to first?"

"We need a stove." said Octavia, a list of things still forming in her mind.

"Where are we going to keep all of this anyway?" asked Luna, her eyes narrowing. She looked suspiciously at Octavia.

"Well, I don't exactly have a royal suite, but somepony does." replied Octavia slyly. Luna caught her look.

"No. You can share a room with Midnight now. I will give you a royal suite. What we buy can go there."

Octavia's eyes widened like a little foal. She began to nuzzle at Luna even as they walked. They drew some odd looks, but nothing too serious.

"Stop it," chided Luna, running a hoof down Octavia's mane. "I will pop in too from time to time."

"I think that we can have some fun. A more private place will be good."

Luna giggled, knowing what Octavia was talking about. Octavia giggled a little too. They continued walking until they arrived at the store for kitchen appliances. Octavia looked in through the window and saw a massive kitchen range, stove-top, oven, extractor fan. It was perfect. Luna looked at it as well.

"We could make do with something smaller." suggested Luna in vain.

"No." was all Octavia said.

It was a few minutes later. The new stove was sitting in the main hall with a note directing it to be taken to Cadence's vacated rooms. She wouldn't need them, being in the crystal empire ever since the "human" incident with Shining Armour. Luna had transported it there after Octavia had insisted that they lighten the load on their saddlebags. While Luna hadn't objected to that, she was a little bit less impulsive in her spending.

"What next then?" asked Luna, "We are only here for cooking implements remember, not random décor."

"Would I do that?" asked Octavia, a hurt expression on her face.

"I think it likely." replied Luna, grinning.

"Well, I won't. Not today anyway. Today, we are going to go and find some pots, bowls, plates, knives, forks, a grille, and ingredients plus condiments. Asda will do."

Luna just followed her. They strode down long promenades and beautiful streets, past ponies that had been eating lunch together while the couple passed by. They kept walking until they reached a massive building. It was huge. It looked like a warehouse.

"Asda." said Octavia simply, Luna's mouth hanging down beside her.

"It's huge." exclaimed Luna, the sheer enormity of the building taking her breath away.

"It's Asda." said Octavia, walking towards the doors in the front.

Luna followed her in. The aisles were well marked. Octavia appeared from the right , half riding a shopping cart.

"I love these, all four wheels are on pivots, not just the front two. Watch!"

She spun the cart as they walked, the wire basket moving with them while inscribing a full 360 degree turn. Luna was impressed.

"Come on, food's this way." called Octavia as she rushed off. Luna lifted herself into the air with her wings and followed. Octavia was sprinting towards the food aisle, grabbing pots, pans and a grille from hooks on the displays as she ran. Her cart was half full when they arrived at the food aisle. She also had a big bottle of maple syrup in it. Luna pulled the remaining ingredients off of the shelves and they went to the check-out. Octavia looked over the huge lines and winked at Luna.

"You're a princess. Would you mind getting us through this?"

"I do mind. I will not abuse my power."

"What's the use of having it then?"

"They use is that I can use it when I need to."

"But you need to now. Midnight is still..."

Octavia's voice trailed off. Luna looked down at her and saw a tear in Octavia's eye.

"Fine. ALL YE ASDA SHOPPERS, IT IS I! PRINCESS LUNA IS AMONGST YOU AND WISHES TO APPROACH THE CHECKOUT!"

"Great job Luna" Octavia said, tears forgotten as she ran down a corridor to checkout 1.

Was I just manipulated? thought Luna, flying along behind her. They checked out and returned to the castle, where lunch had finished, the clean-up after lunch had finished and the palace pantry had been restocked. Luna facehoofed as they headed over to the lead chef.

"We want you to cook the best waffles in Equestria. Now!" said Octavia, an aggressive side asserting itself once more. The chef said nothing, just turned around, walked into the kitchens and began to prepare ingredients. Octavia gave a girlish giggle and hugged the old mare. The mare blushed a little, but still said nothing. Octavia turned to Luna.

"What the hell?" asked Luna, her voice coming out before Octavia could say anything.

"What?" asked Octavia, all innocence.

"How are you so good at manipulating people?"

"Well, when you have a younger sister..."

"I am a younger sister and 'tia...isn't...good..." Luna shut up.

"Look, go get Midnight ready to wake up, I will come up with the waffles."

"Ok, fine. I don't care anymore." said Luna, shaking her head.

10 minutes later, Luna was sitting next to Midnight who had recently woken up.

"You and Octavia can have the day off. You need to finish recovering from your breakdown." Midnight nodded meekly, accepting the rest. Suddenly, Octavia knocked on the door. It opened in a purple aura and Octavia staggered through on two legs. She was balancing two plates on her front hooves and another on her head, a bottle of maple syrup was sitting on her muzzle. Midnight looked at her.

"What the fuck?"

Author's Note:

For those of you who don't live in England/have never visited England, Asda is the English chain of Walmart. If you don't know what that is, look it up. Asda shopping carts really do do that by the way. Octavia's little stunt of the 360 is something that I myself did when I was in England visiting relatives. It. Felt. Great!
Anyway, manipulation really is easy to someone with younger siblings. Or older siblings, or almost anyone who isn't an only child. We constantly make our siblings do things for us. I almost got my little brother to be a stenographer for me but he wouldn't have been very good at it.
Aside from all that, This takes place shortly before the events of the first chapter of Midnight Guardian: Equestrian Operator, the fic that gives the insights into Midnight's background.
As always, it has been a pleasure entertaining you and happy reading.