• Published 21st Jun 2013
  • 1,400 Views, 94 Comments

Luna's Boredom Cure - Broniesrponies2



Princess Luna is slipping back into her Pre-banishment ways due to boredom, when she suddenly stumbles on an idea that will change her life forever.

  • ...
2
 94
 1,400

Wow, updates!

Midnight ran down a corridor, chased by giant purple hippos. This can't be real. It must be a dream. It is a nightmare. WHERE'S LUNA?

On the game board between Luna and Octavia, Luna's piece moved of it's own accord.

"Hey, I was going first!"

"He's having a nightmare and just called out to me. My piece responded to that."

"Its not fair."

"This isn't fair."

Suddenly, a new set of hooves joined his. Midnight turned to see Octavia running beside him.

"How did you?" he began.

"Run! This way." Octavia replied, reaching to him and pulling him into a small hole in a wall. The two crawled through a gap into a garden. It was beautiful, but suddenly, parts of it started to die.

"MIDNIGHT, OVER HERE!" shouted Luna from a doorway. A large plant started to lean towards Midnight and opened up a huge maw. Luna's magic threw the thing into the wall, letting Midnight rush past. They dashed through a doorway and found Octavia lying on a bed, her hooves raised and a sultry expression on her face. She looked over to him and beckoned with her hoof. Midnight looked to Luna, who had disappeared. He stepped forwards, then straddled his marefriend. He leant down to kiss her,, closing his eyes. He opened them to see that he was kissing a corpse in a hallway full of the things.

He jerked back, and fell through a hole in the floor onto a carefully placed couch full of cushions. Octavia was beside him, stroking his mane. He blinked and was in the sky, a pair of wings on his back. Luna was flying beside him, swooping in close to embrace him. The lunar princess turned into a hawk, talons outstretched. Midnight rolled and fell, the wings on his back vanishing. Then the hawk flew under him, catching him on its back. Octavia grabbed him and pulled him further on to the giant bird, crooning:

"It will all be okay. It will all be over soon."

The bird banked, then rolled, dropping the two from it's back. Midnight reached out for Octavia before Luna caught him in her hooves, leaving Octavia to... vanish.


___________________________________________________________________________________

Suddenly, it was light outside. The sun was streaming through the window and only one mare was sitting over him. He didn't need another. This was his mare. He reached up and caressed her face. A tear fell from her cheeks and landed on his face. Another fell, and then another. Midnight sat up and embraced her. She collapsed into him, holding him tighter and tighter.

"It could only have been you." said Midnight.

"Really? You knew?"

"It was pretty obvious after a while. You two could have been more subtle about it."

"I suppose."

They stopped talking.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Luna stood on her balcony as the sun's rays reached out over Canterlot. She looked through her telescope as Midnight woke up to be greeted by Octavia. Next time, I won't let a nice mare into his life. she thought to herself. She turned to her three companions on the balcony. Two guards stood by the doorway, freshly dressed in the navy blue armour of the night guard. Vinyl sat off to one side, watching the toned bodies of the new stallions. They stood straight up and alert, fresh from training in the palace guard. Luna walked over and cast a long glance over them.

"Well then, your first order is to slouch a bit. Come on, no cadets up on my tower, you two need to keep me company over these nights. I don't want to be bored." she said, managing to keep a straight face. It was undermined a little by Vinyl laughing from the game table. The two guards uneasily relaxed a little, still ready to leap to attention.

"Come oooon." complained Luna looking from stallion to stallion. "Is that the best you have, slooouuuuuch." she said, bending her knees and leaning back. The two guards leant back a little, one of them sitting down.

"There we go. Now, on the tower, we usually treat orders as suggestions." Both guards snapped back up to attention. "Except for that order to relax. I fully expect you to fall asleep a couple of times over the first few nights. That's normal. You know of Midnight Guardian?" she asked. The two guards nodded. "Well, he snores. Loudly. He also snored on that very bench over there." She pointed to her bench. The guards eyes widened.

"The Midnight Guardian?" asked one of the fresh guards, a tone of awe in his voice.

"Yes, and I just let him slip through my hooves last night. He loved me, but I lost him. So now I have you until he comes back from leave and thereafter. You will be working with him. Trust me, he's adorable. Like a puppy." There was a knock on the door. It opened in the aura of Luna's magic, revealing Octavia and Midnight. The two guards turned around and recognised Midnight. They snapped to attention.

"So, how new are they?" asked Midnight, casting a pained glance at the two motionless soldiers before him.

"Fresh out of training. I wanted to get them before those donkeys got to them." replied Luna.

"Listen up, if you wanted the easiest job in Equestria... you just got it. Lighten up, you two look ready to shit yourselves. While it would be terribly amusing for me and someone else would have to clean it up, it would still smell bad for a while and we would have to go and get a drink. Remember this. If Luna says she loves you, she does. Accept it. I have no doubt that you will return it. She is a skank and loves to get drunk and have sex. She swears with the best of them and knows how to throw a punch. She has a quick wit when it comes to almost anything other than insulting giant bees and knows how to get rid of the aftereffects of a good time. But for all that, she is sweet, kind, generous and everything that you could ever want. She is probably mare enough for both of you and she will probably add Vinyl into the mix." A pair of nervous and embarrassed glances caused Midnight, Luna, Octavia and Vinyl to look down. The swelling of the two new guards caused laughter from the other four and even more embarrassment from then.

"Good start you two." laughed Midnight. "Embarrassing yourselves will save you some time and this way, Luna won't have to embarrass you. I can vouch for that." And with that, Midnight turned and walked through the doorway, Octavia followed behind him. Luna was laughing too hard to notice him go. The two guards looked sheepishly at one another and their composure broke too. Then they were laughing with the two remaining mares. Vinyl pulled out a risk board and slowly, the group took seats around the table.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Midnight and Octavia walked down the stairs towards the palace gardens, discussing a vacation.

"What about Ponyville?" asked Midnight.

"I should probably go and get my stuff, it's true." replied Octavia.

"Well, we can do some other stuff while we are there." said Midnight. Music from Luna's tower started to blare out over Canterlot. The song "Rhythm Emotion" from Neighpon. The music dropped to the level of the gardens and Midnight and Octavia looked up towards the tower and smiled. A speck disappeared back over the edge. The slightly sad music followed them as they walked out into the city.

Author's Note:

And thus concludes this first part of a series which will now include LBC as it's first installment. Many plans were made for this original fic, but almost none were actually put into fruition. I still don't know where Midnight turning Octavia and himself into their opposite genders came from, but there you go. Anyway, for all of you who will no doubt beg for a sequel (I'm guessing 1-5) there will be more with the same characters + two more. The two yet to be named guards will be permanent residents of the series. More details? I have no idea. Post whatever you want and I will make it a story. Trust me, I will do my best with whatever you can come up with. Right now, I would like to find time to write on the actual book that this was supposed to be helping with. Pleasing you all day is fun, but I do want to get this book written. What is funny is that if you have a look and start from that first chapter I wrote then jump straight to this one, you will notice a HUGE change in my writing. For a start, that first chapter was cheesy. Now, we have less cheese and I call that an improvement. Whatever. The important part is that I had fun writing this, according to all of your comments and the likes bar, you all had fun reading this and I hope to help you to enjoy MLP just a little bit more. Thank you all for helping with my first, experimental fic. It has been a pleasure entertaining you and happy reading.