• Published 19th Jun 2013
  • 391 Views, 5 Comments

Overnight - Jenstone



When Vinyl Scratch takes Pinkie Pie under her hoof in being a DJ, they host an overnight dance party for all of Ponyville and Canterlot. When a pony who's been hiding in the shadows, a shy but friendly Unicorn, finally comes out of her shell, sh

  • ...
 5
 391

Chapter 1

Vinyl Scratch, Ponyville's best and only DJ, sat on a bench, fiddling with her iPod. Her glasses had been removed, so you could see her bright red eyes. Pinkie Pie, who had been walking through town that same day, walked up to Vinyl. "Have I seen you before? Are you... new??!!!" Pinkie asked excitedly. Vinyl put her iPod on sleep and looked up at Pinkie. "No, you idiot. I'm DJ-Pon-3. My real name is Vinyl Scratch."

Pinkie Pie crossed her hooves. "Nopony calls ME the idiot! I am the idioess! Or is it idian?"

Vinyl stood up, she didn't have time for the casual Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie Pie quit her thinking and looked back up at Vinyl. "Now I know who you are!" Pinkie Pie stated. "You're DJ-Pon-3! Oh how being a DJ must be soooo fun! Mind teaching me a few things? Oh how that would be sooo cool-"

Vinyl placed a hoof over Pinkie Pie's mouth. "Maybe if you shut it, I could," she laughed. She removed her hoof from Pinkie's lips and put back on her glasses. She walked away, slowly, sliding her iPod back into it's case. Pinkie Pie squealed silently, but excitedly. Ohmaigosh! I have to go tell my friends! They'll be so excited! Pinkie Pie thought. It made Pinkie burst with happiness to know she might become Ponyville's #2 DJ.

~~~~


Twilight Sparkle finished filing the rest of her papers, which had complaints about Canterlot city or comments or letters for her. Twilight groaned and collapsed her head onto her desk, which caused about half the stack of papers to fly off the stack. Twilight held out a hoof to say "No!" but they all floated to the ground silently. Twilight groaned even louder. Why was being a Princess such hard work sometimes?

Princess Celestia trotted into the room. "My dear Twilight, have you finished filing your papers--Oh my!"

The room was a mess now.

"Twilight, you know now that you're one of the newest members of the royal family you'll get a lot of letters and complaints," Princess Celestia warned Twilight. Twilight Sparkle raised her head a few inches. "I had this room so neat and perfect, but then the stack fell to the ground."

Princess Celestia picked up a few papers and lied them on the desk. One of the papers had words like this:
To: Princess Twilight Sparkle
From: Pinkie Pie

"Look at this, Twilight," Princess Celestia said, giving the letter to Twilight Sparkle. Twilight looked at it, then tore off the cover. She read over the note slowly, which went like this:

Dear Twilight (unless you prefer I call you Princess Twilight.)
Guess what, I'm a lucky ducky pony wony! DJ-Pon-3 told me that if I shut it she would make me a DJ tonight! Guess what? It's so cool! I'm a lucky ducky! Wait, I still need to tell the others! OH MY CELESTIA!

Twilight read the letter, then raised a brow. "Okaayyy, it's just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie, Princess Celestia. But she is pretty lucky."

"How so?" Princess Celestia asked, with her normal calming voice. Twilight smiled and said, "She's going to be the next DJ of Ponyville!"

~~~~

Pinkie Pie trotted over to Vinyl Scratch's home that night. The door was locked.

"Oh Vinyl? Vinneee! Scratchheeee!" Pinkie Pie said through outside.

Octavia, Vinyl's roommate, trotted to the door, yawning. "Hello?" Octavia asked Pinkie Pie.

"Uh, I'm looking for Vinyl Scratch."

"Why?"

"She's gonna teach me how to wub tonight!"

Octavia widened her eyes, obviously not excited at all. She groaned quietly, and called Vinyl Scratch from upstairs. Vinyl came down, her glasses off. "What is it, Octavia?"

Octavia pointed to Pinkie Pie, then trudged off back to her room. Vinyl rolled her eyes, then faced back at Pinkie Pie.

"Welcome to my wub world. Anyways, come inside. I'll take you to my studio! Right next to my dorm."

Pinkie Pie nodded excitedly, and Vinyl let her in.

~~~~

The studio was filled with unfinished music, CD's, instruments, a portable DJ stand, headphones, and more. Vinyl sat down on the seat behind the DJ stand, and patted next to her, telling Pinkie Pie to sit next to her. Pinkie Pie took the seat, and Vinyl turned on the stand. "First off, you have to know music," Vinyl told Pinkie.

Pinkie tilted her head, obviously confused.

((The lesson went on...))

Vinyl Scratch slipped off her headphones. "You know what, Pinkie Pie? We should have a party tomorrow night, to show you what's it really like to be a DJ."

Pinkie Pie gasped excitedly. "Really? I'd love that, Vinyl Scratchy!"

"Yeah, we will, if you don't call me that anymore."

"Oh. Okay. Sorry Vinyl, Scratch.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! I hope you will enjoy this story. I posted a blog about upcoming stories, but they will come but I like to post stories in the middle too. I'm already working on The Moonlight Song, too, so that will be put on hold until Overnight is done, okay?

Mean comments will be deleted, unless they give helpful tips or ideas. But really, I already have this whole story planned out. In my head, somewhere. XD