• Published 10th Jun 2013
  • 631 Views, 17 Comments

Everything Shall Burn - ScorpionFire



Jealous of Luna's night, Celestia plans to make everyone love her warm days once again. But it shall come at a great cost. Everything will have to burn.

  • ...
4
 17
 631

Chapter 4

Princess Luna took her seat in the court. She looked forlornly at the empty chair next to her, but knew she couldn’t do anything to change her sister’s mind.

“Since everyone concerned is here, we may begin the meeting!” Citrus Fruit called out. The bright red maned unicorn was one of Luna’s best advisors, and always came to any meeting without question. Citrus then took her seat, and everyone turned to face a dark vermillion stallion seated n, closely to Luna. The stallion, Rishi, was known to be able to predict the future. This made him very welcome at the royal palace, since he played an important role in keeping Equestria safe.

“As you all should know…” Rishi began.
“I have seen another future event.”

The other ponies in the court started talking concernedly, until Luna gave them a long stare. Luna then motioned to Rishi to continue once the noise hushed.

“Ahem… and it seems to concern another alicorn.”

Rishi took a moment to recollect the prediction that he had experienced only a few hours before.
“It was a mare with a fiery mane, dark red coat, and it seems she… is wearing the Celestial insignia on her armour.”
Luna slowly started to absorb the information that the vermillion stallion had just told the whole court. Another alicorn, who seemed to have control over fire? There was only one pony Luna knew who could have those sorts of powers.

“Did you see my sister in this… prediction?” Luna asked uncertainly, hoping the answer to be she was helping Luna to stop this alicorn.
“Well… I could see you, your majesty… but your sister…” Rishi stopped. He did not know what he had seen meant, but the image he had seen was not a very good one.

“I could see her getting burned with fire… being consumed with it… and then she just disappeared.”

Luna stepped up from her seat and immediately started running towards the double doors. She had to tell Celestia of this. She had to warn her.

~
Princess Celestia looked happily back at her plans for the sky. She was planning to make the clouds certain shapes, use the wind to guide petals of red across the sky, but she had one phenomenon that she was most proud of. Her sky-ribbon. However, Celestia had decided to name it a Rainbow, for it needed rain to be created, and it was a bow of sorts. The name stuck quickly, and now everything was set.

Just as Celestia was about to exit her room and board her carriage to Cloudsdale (for she would need their help with creating all these spectacular sights), Luna burst into the room, startling the sun princess and causing her to drop the papers which held her plans.

“’Tia! I have something extremely important to tel…”

Luna looked at all the papers strewn across the floor, and realised she had interrupted some sort of important planning her sister was taking care of. It must have been very urgent work, for Celestia quickly used her magic to lift the papers, fold them neatly and pack them into her plush saddlebag.

“Oh sister! I did not realise you were working. But it is very imperative that I speak to you!” Luna apologised quickly. She knew Celestia was staying up late again, so she must be very tired. Celestia simply clasped the folds of her bag together, nodded and began to leave. Luna called out again; annoyed her sister didn’t seem to care about important work anymore.

“Sister! Where do you think you are going? Didn’t I say I needed to speak to you?”

Celestia simply turned her head and replied:
“I’m going to Cloudsdale. I have very important business, and whatever you have to tell me can wait until I come back.”

Luna was shocked. Celestia wasn’t normally this rude, and what she had to say could defiantly not wait! Why, the lives of the two sisters and the fate of their kingdom could be at risk of this fiery alicorn! Luna could just not comprehend her sister’s lack of interest in her kingdom, which she had a responsibility to take care of!

“Celestia! This conversation shall not be put off!” Luna shouted at her older sister, a rare sight for anyone.
“The fate of the future depends on it! We have found an immediate threat to Equestria, who seems to be wearing your insignia, and you!” Luna continued.
“You were burning to death at the hands of someone who is on your side!”

Both the royal sisters were shocked at Luna’s outburst, and several other ponies nearby were starting to investigate the commotion that was happening nearby. Luna had an extremely loud voice, and she was known to have made several ponies deaf.

Celestia stared at Luna for a short amount of time, before starting to laugh. But not nicely, as she normally laughed. No, this was a laugh of spite, as if what Luna had just said was the simple plea of mercy from a bullying victim.

“And how have you discovered this ‘threat’ then, hmm? Did that old goat Rishi tell you? I wouldn’t trust anything he says. He just had a lot of delusions, and gets lucky every now and again.” Celestia snapped back.
“And a follower? Me? Don’t pull my hind leg. Nopony in this wretched kingdom would follow me, let alone someone who could burn an alicorn like me as if I were a simple barbecue!”

With that last word, Celestia strided out of the room in a huff, and made her way quickly down to the stables where her carriage was being prepared. While she did not have any adoring fans like Luna, she was still a princess and she would have her way.

Luna started to run after her sister as she strided down the halls, but she quickly lost her in the maze of corridors. Although Luna had lived here for many years, it was still quite challenging to navigate the passageways that connected everything in the palace.

Luna gave up her search, and sat down on a conveniently placed chair near the library. She was still made at her sister for her lack of care for Equestria, but also scared. Celestia never acted the way she had tonight, even on a bad day in court when someone said she should step down and let Luna take full control of Equestria herself.

Letting her gaze drift to the open window on her left, she noticed the moon would need lowering soon. If Celestia was not back by then, she would raise the sun herself as well, although it took a lot of magic and coaxing to lure down her sister’s celestial object as well as her own.
‘Does ‘Tia care at all for the safety of herself and her subjects…?’