• Published 10th Jun 2013
  • 631 Views, 17 Comments

Everything Shall Burn - ScorpionFire



Jealous of Luna's night, Celestia plans to make everyone love her warm days once again. But it shall come at a great cost. Everything will have to burn.

  • ...
4
 17
 631

Chapter 3

It didn’t take long to devour the breakfast Celestia had ordered. The princess thanked Spring Blossom for her work, and exited the room.

As Celestia walked down the richly decorated hallways, she began to let her mind drift back to the train of thought she had before her maid interrupted. Of how she could make her day more… enjoyable for her subjects.
Celestia thought about what Luna did in her night. She had stars she could move, comets to guide across the sky and meteors ready to be showered gently anytime.

‘Well, I could make the clouds into certain shapes…’ she thought, taking a left turn down the halls.
‘Maybe I could do something to the sun’s light… and possibly try and make something big, that would stretch across the sky so everypony can see it…’

She followed the set of stairs that came up on her right, and started to slowly walk up the carpeted steps, as to not trip over or miss a step while she made her way upwards.

‘Yes, that would be nice… maybe; it could be a big multi-coloured ribbon that stretched across the sky. I would have to try and make it out of the weather, though.’

As Celestia stepped off the stairs, she continued along the richly decorated halls to her quarters, where she could start planning her colourful sky-ribbon.

‘Yes, that would probably win them all over! Luna can’t create anything with so many colours at once…’

Finally, the sun princess found herself in front of her bedroom door. She couldn’t help but admire it, with all the fine details that had been engraved onto it. With its beautiful sun insignia at the top, gemstones arranged in intricate patterns and shiny yellow glow, Celestia felt a tiny bit of happiness creep its way into her mind. It had cost a fortune to get the door made, and thankfully Celestia’s parents had paid for it all.
Swiftly harnessing her magic, she opened the door and stepped inside her boudoir quickly, locking the door carefully. She did not want to be disturbed for a very long while…

~
Princess Luna found herself knocking at her elder sister’s bedroom. She had something important to discuss, and would much prefer it if she and Celestia had some privacy.
That was, if she would open the door. She knew her sister had locked it, and her magic couldn’t open it, so the only way in was if Celestia herself unlocked the door and let her visitors in.
“Tia!” Luna shouted.
“I need to speak with you. Please open the door!”
Luna heard a few grumbles and chairs scraping across the floor. It didn’t take long for an annoyed white alicorn to appear at the door, staring coldly at her sister.
“What?”

Luna stepped back slightly, before explaining herself.
“Tia, I need your help with something. Rishi told me he had seen visions of a new threat to Equestria, and it seems to involve us a lot. There’s a meeting going on downstairs, and I need you to join.”
Luna looked up at her sister, expecting her to march right out of her room to tackle the situation, like she always did. But to her surprise, her sister just looked at her and said:
“Sorry Luna, I’m extremely busy right now. You’ll have to hold the meeting without me.”

As Celestia stepped back to close the door, Luna used her gilded hoof to block it quickly.
“But sister, this is extremely important! We both need to attend, and what would father and mother say about this?” Luna cried. She knew she wouldn’t be able to tackle the meeting herself, and her sister had always guided her and supported her when she needed it. What was more important than an immediate threat to Equestria?

“Sorry, but you’ll either have to go without me or hold the meeting tomorrow. I’m tired, Luna. And I’m certain nopony will talk to me anyway.” Celestia replied quickly, shutting the door quickly before Luna could stop it. She had to finish planning her sky-ribbon, and she had only just managed to find out how to do it. Using a bit of rain and her sun rays, she could manage a huge ribbon of colours that would stretch all over the country. Now she had to think up a good name and make sure her plan would work.

Luna just stared at the door, dumbfounded. It took a few minutes before she realised Celestia was not coming out, so she continued back down the stairs and into the court, where all her advisors and politicians were waiting. Every one of them were so caught up with their talking, none of them noticed how nervous Luna was, or why the ‘other alicorn’ was missing.

"What could be more important to Tia than our own country...?"