• Published 21st Jun 2013
  • 2,781 Views, 56 Comments

Flight - JosephRascon1789



Two U.S. Air Forces pilots are brought to Equestria. They just want to get home to their families, but something is forcing them to stay

  • ...
20
 56
 2,781

One sided deals

The sun light broke through the window and shone on to my dirty face. Sweat, dirt, and traces of dried blood covered my face. I pulled myself up and stood on my tired feet. The ponies had locked our arms in chains and left us for 3 days. I was tried and very thirsty, but there was no one there to hear us call. This was something I feared in my world and now it was happening in this world I knew nothing about.

I wonder why they have done this to us. We saved them from those things and let them go without a single protest. My thoughts were interrupted by a loud metal clank.

The door started to slide open. The old un-oiled door hinges creaked and clanked as the heavy door was opened fully. The light was so intense that I couldn't see what was coming. Jason's chains shuttered and I could feel something on my arms. Suddenly the cuffs unlocked and I fell to the floor. Something hit me right in the stomach and I heaved in pain.

"The princess has requested you in the throne room. We are just making sure you aren't going to try anything stupid when you get up there." It must have been one of the guards that has been "taking care" of us for the past couple of days.

I heard the other guard hitting Jason over and over again. My guard joined in. Something lifted me by the neck and I was thrown across the room. My eyes were adjusted to the light and now I could see the shadow of the pony attacking my. Its horn started to glow and I was lifted again. It stood on Its rear legs and started throwing body blows. Each hit felt like it was swinging a hammer directly into my ribs. After 2 minuets of being beaten by the guards we were thrown on the ground and cuffed again. The chains went from our wrists to a large ring around our necks then a separate chain was in the guards hoof. He yanked on the chain and we slowly got on our feet. The warmth of the sun did nothing to calm me down. The halls were filled with the sound of the chains rattling and heavy steps. We got to a stair case the seemed like it went on to heaven and began the slow walk up. The guards became more and more angry with our slowing pace. Every time we stopped, we were beaten until we were back on our feet. We stopped again and they followed with a beating. I was quick to get up, but Jason laid on the ground being beaten. The guard in charge stopped him and looked closely at Jason.

"I don't think this ones going to make it." He said while kicking at Jason's lifeless body.

I looked over and spoke with whatever energy I had left. "Jason. Your child is waiting for you at home. You need to get up."

Jason's eyes shuttered and he put both of his arms under him.

"Well I guess you are tough creatures. Come on. The princess is waiting for you." The leader said while pulling on my chain again.

Another long walk and we finally reach what seemed like the top of the world. One last hallway that lead to 2 huge doors then we would get to see the ruler of this fucked up world. The doors opened to a large room with huge stained glass windows, painted with different ponies. I saw one that looked familiar. The cerulean girl pony with the rainbow hair style was painted on a couple of the pictures. I wondered what she did to have a painting like that in their leaders room.

"As you requested princess." One of the guards said with his head lowered.

I looked at the large pony, with her wings expanded she looked like she was about to fly some where. She stepped down from the large throne and proceeded towards us. One of the guards held a hoof up.

"Princess I would advise not to come any closer. You never know what these things can do."

She looked at him with a stern gaze. "I'm perfectly capable of defending myself captain. Please don't give me orders."

The captain took a step back and the Princess walked right up to us.

"Oh dear what have they been doing to you?" She asked.

I lifted my head and looked directly into her eyes. She actually looked concerned for our well being. She walked away and her horn began to glow. A little cart rolled in with food and I assumed drinks.

"I was going to have this for lunch, but I think you should have it." The princess said with a caring smile.

The glowing went around our cuffs and they fell to the floor. Looking at the little cart, I almost couldn't control myself. Jason jumped and started eating what ever he could get his hands on. I quickly followed. I had no clue what I was eating, but it looked good and I ate it. Within a minuet there was nothing but cleaned plates on the little cart. It all tasted like salad, but it did taste a lot better than the rations on the ship.

"My my. I see that my guards have treated you without any kindness and I'm very sorry."

I looked up from the cart and stared at the princess. "I find it hard to believe that you called us up here to apologize."

She seemed offended. "Well that may be true, but I have my reasons. I'm just trying to show some hospitality."

"By hospitality you mean lock us in a cage with no food or water for 3 days." Jason said from behind me.

"It had to be done. My fellow princess's and I were trying to work out a deal with our ponies." The princess said with her head down.

"You are the rulers of this kingdom. Why can't you just decide what should and shouldn't be done?" Jason asked.

She looked back up. "We are trying to run a kingdom, not a dictatorship."

"So wait, we get no say in our own fates?" I asked.

"The ponies are scared of you." She looked around and got closer to us. "I'm not to sure what to think either. The citizens want you to be locked up for all of your days."

"If you really felt that way we would still be in that jail, so what stopped you?" I asked

"A loyal subject of mine contacted me and told me you are no threat unless attacked. She is very loyal and I can trust her word." She walked over to a large window overlooking the castle and took a deep breath. "My sister and my loyal student have consulted our citizens and come up with a deal for you."

"Why should we take this deal?" Jason asked.

"Simple. Accept or we have no choice but to lock you up." The princess replied rather cheerfully.

"Okay whats the deal." I asked before Jason could give his opinion.

"We will allow you to stay in Equestria if you preform simple tasks to prove you are good. If you fail then you are going to be locked up."

"Great. We only have one path to take. So what kind of tasks do you have planned?" I asked.

The princess's horn started glowing and a chest was lifted in front of us. It opened and reviled our guns, ammo, and knives.

"You will not have these until your tests are complete. I want you to know they are here in the castle as motivation."

I put a hand on my face and took a deep breath. "Yeah whatever. Now what are our tasks?"

"Just know that you will never see these again if you fail."

"Alright what are our tasks?" I asked again.

The princess turned and looked at her guards. "They will be locked away at....."

"We get it! Just please give us the mission so we can come back and get out of this fucked up world!" I yelled.

The princess looked surprised. "You don't care about the danger or the fact that you might die trying to prove you worth?"

"No because if we fail we are dead anyway. It doesn't matter how you cut it. We are dead one way or the other. Unless we pass and then what? We live in a world where we are feared? Yeah sounds great." Jason said grimly.

The princess raised a hoof to her chin. It looked like she was thinking about the way we looked at the situation. For us it was simple. If we completed our task, then we would come back feared and hated. If we failed and returned then we would be locked up. If we failed and died then it wouldn't be anybody's problem. Life would continue as it has been, and the only way we would be remembered is by story of the ponies that feared us.

"Okay your task is simple. One of my subjects has reported her animals going missing next to the Everfree Forest. She wants you to go in and check what is taking them. You will be sent to Ponyville right now so go to the armory to get weapons."

"What happens when we find the thing that's taking her animals?" I asked.

The princess looked at her guards and nodded. "If it's a pony, take it into custody. If its something else, then try to get it to move on. If it doesn't and decides to attack, then you are free to do what you want."

"Sounds simple enough." Jason said with a smile.

"Once you have completed this task come back to the castle for the next one. My personal guards will take you to the armory." The princess dismissed the guards who beat us. "Sun Furry, Divine Wind you may enter."

2 guards stepped out from behind the throne and took place at her side. "I want you to escort these...."

"Humans." I finished.

"Humans to the armory. Give them weapons and lead them to a chariot. Make sure you get them out of Canterlot with out being spotted."

The guards nodded and started for the door. It was a long walk down the stairs we were beaten on. There were service ponies cleaning the blood we left. When we got to the bottom floor it was a quick walk to a room towards the back of the castle. I had seen the door before. It was close to our cell and I saw the door on the way up. One of the guards went inside and looked around. He came back outside and gave the all clear. The room was full of spears, swords, and crossbows. The actual armor was to small so we stayed in our combat gear. We washed our cloths in a sink and found showers. Since every thing was built to be pony size we didn't exactly have the most relaxing time. When we left the armory our cloths were some what clean, and we were ready for what waited for us at Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Okay I know this story isn't super popular, but for those of you who like it, it will continue. Sorry for the late update. College registration has taken a huge chunk of energy out of me. I'm balancing my time, but something always goes wrong so I get no time to type anything. Any way I will try to make more time to type this story.

Thank you for the feedback =)