• Published 8th Jun 2013
  • 1,367 Views, 69 Comments

The Fighter Filly Girls! - Mod On Death



When trying to find some way to earn their cutie marks, the Cutie Mark Crusaders come across Discord, who decides to give them super powers! With their abilities, these three will form the Fighter Filly Girls and fight crime and the forces of evil!

  • ...
4
 69
 1,367

Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice

Author Note: To get the full enjoyment of this story, please read all non-dialogue in the voice of Tom Kenny as the narrator from "The Powerpuff Girls". If you do not know what that is, watch an episode of the show, because you clearly did not have a childhood.

Chapter 1: Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice

The CMC were gathered in their tree house, bored out of their minds. Normally they’d be trying to find their cutie marks, but lately they seemed to have no ideas on how to do that. They had originally met earlier that morning to brainstorm some ideas, but ended up laying around, hoping that some random thought might come to them through the power of nothingness.

“We could,” started Sweetie Belle before realizing that the last time they did the activity she was thinking of she almost lost her horn.

“I have an idea that involves…wait, we actually did that already. Nevermind,” Scootaloo sighed, resigning to the fact that she had nothing. The two of them looked to Apple Bloom, hoping that she could come up with something to save them.

“I got nothing,” she told them, the group sighing out of boredom. It had been three days since they did their last activity (Electrical Engineering), and that ended with half of Equestria being in the dark with the blackout they caused. They decided to lay low after that happened and found themselves with nothing left in mind.

“Maybe we don’t need to go searching for our cutie marks right now. Remember what we learned after that incident with Apple Bloom?” Sweetie Belle put out there.

“Yeah. Maybe you’re right,” Scootaloo said, surprisingly agreeing with Sweetie Belle about not worrying too much about their marks. She was always the first to jump on the wagon to getting them, so her having self-control when it came to that stuff was a surprise.

“Wow Scoots. Never thought I’d hear you talk about relaxin’ when it comes to cutie marks,” their red-headed friend said.

“Yeah, well, it feels like we’re stuck in a rut. Like, I love doing awesome stuff, but when you do so much awesome stuff, sometimes it’s hard to see what’s so awesome, so you need to take a step back and see what boring is like, you know?” the orange mare explained. Apple Bloom couldn’t help but imagine her look as if she were some wise sage who wears sunglasses and has long hair while she explained her motivations. “So, I guess we should actually do something boring then.”

“Wait, this isn’t boring?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Nah. This is boring-boring, where you don’t do anything at all and wanna do SOMETHING. I’m talking about doing something and being bored with it. Big difference.”

“Alright then! I have the perfect boring idea!” Apple Bloom yelled out to her friends. They both had grins on their faces with the prospect of hearing how dull their day would be. “Let’s go for a trot! That’s basically moving slowly and doesn’t even have a goal. It’s just fancy movin’!”

“Yeah! Trotting!” the two of them yelled out before gearing up for their boring adventure, by which I mean doing nothing to get ready except for standing up. The three of them exited the tree house and went off on their non-adventure, hoping to see absolutely nothing of interest along the way.

“I can’t WAIT to be bored!” an overly enthusiastic Sweetie Belle yelled out, clearly not in the right attitude.

“Same here! Imagine all the awesome stuff we’ll do when we’re super bored!” Scoots said, not fully realizing what she was talking about.

“Yeah. Granny used to go on trots like this when her hip was still good. Said it helped clear her mind when she was busy trying to bananas,” Apple Bloom told her friends, a confused look appearing on their faces. “I think Granny may be getting a little senile,” she added.

The three of them walked for about thirty minutes, experiencing the nothingness and awaiting the moment that they would become so bored that they would immediately come up with something exciting for them to do. Time passed with little result.

“Ugh, what is taking so long?!” Scootaloo yelled out in frustration. “I’m bored, but not in a good way. All that’s happened is that my hooves are sore now. You can’t do anything wild if you can’t use your hooves,” she complained.

“That, or it becomes even MORE extreme when you’re not using hooves! Think about it; scooters without any control,” Before Apple Bloom’s new plan could be accepted by Scootaloo, the three of them noticed a tail hanging from one of the apple trees in the orchard, brushing the tops of their heads. They looked up, unable to see what kind of creature had a tail that long.

“Um, Apple Bloom, what is that thing?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“I dunno,” she replied. “Whatever it is, I’m gonna knock it out. Can’t have weird animals messing with our apples now, can we?” Apple Bloom got into position to buck the tree that had the strange creature perched on it and let loose. All that happened was the rustling of a few leaves, but not much else. “Well, that didn’t go as planned.”

“Maybe we can help,” Scootaloo told her friend, gladly accepting the offer. They kept bucking at the tree, each from a different angle, with little to no result.

“This isn’t working,” Sweetie Belle pointed out, obviously taking lessons from Captain Obvious.

“I think I know how we can do this,” Scoots told her friends. “What we have to do is charge the tree and hit it with our heads at the exact same time. That way we’ll really lay into that tree. Sound good?” Sweetie Belle raised her hoof. “Yes?”

“Won’t that hurt?” was her question, making full use of her knowledge of hitting your head on hard things.

“Nah. I’ve got a helmet! Now, on the count of three we charge. Get into position,” Without a second for either of them to comment on Scoot’s plan, the filly started her countdown, forcing the two to grin and bear. “One…two…THREE!” had the three fillies rushing to the tree. The collision was much stronger than anything they had done before, and it looked like whatever creature was in the tree was now coming down.

“WOAH!” it yelled, plummeting into the newly formed leaf pile from the Tri-Filly Formation attack the tree had just suffered. The three of them were surprised that it had made that noise while falling, expecting no more than screams of terror from whatever creature was in there. The three of them wondered over to the lead pile just in time to see the figure rise out of the leaves and tower over them. An unusual creature with multiple body parts from different animals came into their vision. They’d seen this creature before when they had visited Canterlot Gardens on their field trip. It was…um…Crazy? Chaos? It was something like that. The three of them never really figured out what the creature was supposed to be named. They were supposed to write a paper on the subject, but the next few days got so weird that nopony had the time for that.

“Excuse me mister, but what were you doing in our Apple Tree?” asked Apple Bloom.

“Oh. I was just resting up there. Nice and relaxing. It’s much more satisfying to rest when you choose to and not be forced to because you’ve suddenly become the equivalence of a lawn gnome. The name is Discord, by the way,” the strange creature announced, extending the lion’s paw that was his right arm out in a form of handshake. Apple Bloom took his…appendage, and was shaken violently. This, coupled with the strange feeling in her head after charging that tree, left her feeling odd.

“Hey, I think I heard of you! You were that guy that did some weird stuff to Ponyville,” Scootaloo told everpony, showing her articulate side.

“Yes, I did stuff. Bad stuff. Think is, I’m not ‘Chaotic Evil’ anymore, rather fitting in ‘Chaotic Neutral’. Hope that makes sense,” he explained to the fillies. “Thing is, when you have powers like this, you kinda start to lose way of what’s right and wrong and start doing whatever you want. That’s when you need somepony you point out that you’ve gone from ‘Lovable Prankster’ to ‘Selfish Jerk’. Thankfully somepony was able to point that out to me.”

“Aww! That’s so sweet!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed, loving to hear stories about bad guys gone good.

“Yes, I suppose so. Anyway, what are you girls up to? Haven’t seen you since that field trip you took a while back.” The three were surprised to hear Discord talking about the time they went to visit Canterlot Gardens. They weren’t aware that he knew about their visit.

“Well, we were going for a walk, trying to get bored. Thing is, it’s not helping. I can’t figure out what to do and all this nature is getting old real fast,” Scootaloo told the great creature.

“You were actually trying to be bored? Hahahahahahaha! Oh, girls. You can’t TRY to be bored, you just are. You’ll never get anywhere with that kind of thinking,” he told them. The three girls looked despondent at this news.

“Aww fiddelsticks,” Apple Bloom said to herself, looking gloomy to the point her bow seemed to be losing its bright red color. “We can’t even be good at being bored. Guess we’ll never get our cutie marks if we’re this bad at things,” her two friends joined her in gloom and doom and started a slow, depressing trot away. Discord saw this sad sight and thought of several things. One was that he should really try to learn what in Equestria a flooglehorn was, the second thought dealing with actually getting him a place to live and stop acting like a hobo. Third and fourth parts dealt with something called “Dance Pants” and “Cosmic Cheese”, but those thoughts weren’t really thoughts and more like random catchphrases. The fifth thought to come to mind was the sight of those sad girls. They felt so powerless and without purpose. The old Discord probably would have stood there and laughed at their misery, but that was the past, and this new Discord wasn’t gonna let things go that easily.

“Girls, wait!” he called out to them, teleporting directly in front of them. “I think I may know a way to help you with your crisis of faith in yourselves. See, you just don’t feel like you can do much right now, and that can feel awful. What I have in mind is to help you feel a bit better about yourselves.” Discord’s words pretty much left the three girls completely clueless to what was going on.

“Discord, sir, what are you talking about?” Sweetie Belle had to ask him.

“What I’m going to do,” he said while trying to drum up tension, “is give you girls SUPERPOWERS!” He ended this big reveal with a rain of confetti falling over the girls, almost drowning them in the process.

Stepping out of the large, papery mound was Apple Bloom. “Discord, how the hay are we gonna be special if you’re the one giving us these powers? After all, you’re the one who made us that way.”

“Oh, but that’s the beauty of it! I’m not going to give you girls any specific powers. What I will do though is activate your ability to have superpowers based on your personality and special skills. That way, maybe you’ll find out what you’re really good at. So, what do you say?” Discord’s deal was met with enthusiasm, each of the girls bearing smiles that hurt each of their faces. Obviously that was a yes.

“Alright then. Just let me get things ready. I’ll be just a sec.” He popped away for a half second, suddenly returning in another half, carrying with him a pitcher and three glasses. He suddenly spawned a table and several ingredients. From what Apple Bloom could tell with her experience with potion making, these things were not things you normally put in them. Then again, one of the ingredients turned out to be stuffed toys, so that may have been a giveaway. The first thing he happened to have with him was a bunch of sugary items that looked like they were from the Sugar Cube Corner. He squeezed them all together, creating a fine powder that he placed into the pitcher. Next item that he took out was some Paprika, sprinkling it into the mix. Lastly were the stuffed animals and other assorted items such as stickers, pretty ribbons, and other nice things. He started mixing them together, humming a little tune as he did so. Suddenly he stopped as if realizing something, slapping his face after remembering the most important thing. He started to make loogie sounds and spat into the pitcher, a gooey black substance coming out of his mouth. The girls were understandably grossed out by that sight, but Discord assured them that it was needed. “Calm down girls. I just needed to add my last little ingredient to make it all work together. I like to call is ‘Chemical Hex’,” he explained to them before giggling. He soon finished mixing the ingredients all together and poured the potion into glasses for each of them to drink. It actually looked like something that they could actually drink, regardless of the things he added to make the drink. With a large gulp, the three girls downed their glasses, finding the drink to actually taste sweet. They were waiting for something to happen, either for them to glow or a giant explosion. Actually, they were pretty glad that last one didn’t happen, seeing as that one sounded like it would hurt a lot.

“Huh. Did we do something wrong?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Oh no. You girls just need to wait a little while. They’ll come up soon,” he explained.

“AGH!” bellowed Scootaloo. “That means we’ll STILL have to wait for something neat to happen.”

“Don’t worry girls! Soon we’ll have awesome powers!” Apple Bloom always knew what to say to everypony to keep them in good spirits. If they were a group, she’d be the one that everyone would consider the leader.

“Um, girls. I totally just remembered that we have a big class project we were supposed to be working on. I think that’s the main reason we were supposed to be meeting with each other.” Sweetie Belle was totally right, so the three of them immediately ran off to the tree house to do whatever they had to be doing at that moment. Finally getting rid of any distractions he may have had, Discord floated back onto the tree branch, trying to get back to sleep.

“Well, that should work out fine,” he told himself. “After all, what could possibly go wrong?”