• Published 8th Jun 2013
  • 1,366 Views, 69 Comments

The Fighter Filly Girls! - Mod On Death



When trying to find some way to earn their cutie marks, the Cutie Mark Crusaders come across Discord, who decides to give them super powers! With their abilities, these three will form the Fighter Filly Girls and fight crime and the forces of evil!

  • ...
4
 69
 1,366

A Clockwork Apple

Chapter 6: A Clockwork Apple

Twilight and her friends had gathered at her library to discuss the recent events that had been occurring in Ponyville with the attacks that had been occurring. She and Rainbow Dash had been out of Ponyville and had been hearing the news about superheroes through newspapers and gossip from the locals. She was disturbed at the fact that she wasn’t able to use her magic against it either, the strange tortoise creating an anti-magic shield that made her useless in the fight. What she considered even more unusual was the appearance of three young fillies with unique powers. They had asked that nopony bother them about that topic, but Twilight was motivated to find out the truth.

“Alright, girls,” she addressed her friends. “We need to figure out what’s going on in town and who these new visitors are, specifically these Filly Fighter Girls or whatever. I know that they asked that we not bother them about it, but I want to know if any of you have any idea about who they are.”

“Beats me, sugarcube. I say we don’t look a gift box on its receipt an’ jus’ accept their help. After all, they did save our hides at least three times,” Applejack said, her friends nodding with approval.

“I think Applejack is right. While we are curious to know where these three super-fillies came from and who they are, I don’t think that intruding on their much desired privacy will lead to any good. Though I must admit, their fashion looks fabulous,” Rarity added, completely unaware of the irony of her statement.

“Look,” Twilight said sternly, trying to get across the seriousness of the situation, “three fillies with unknown powers not specific to any race just came out of nowhere to fight creatures that have never acted in those manners. I mean a pink, trigger happy bear? Did anypony ever notice anything like that?” she asked them incredulously, not believing her own words.

“Twi’s right!” Rainbow Dash added. “This is pretty weird, even for us. I mean, what would be able to make innocent woodland animals act violent and be able to give fillies unimaginable powers?”

The six of them sat for about fifteen seconds before unanimously yelling out, “DISCORD!” at the exact same time.

“B-but he’s changed. I know it,” pleaded Fluttershy, knowing that Discord was a different…male than he was before.

“It’d the only thing that makes sense. I’m sorry Fluttershy, but he has to be behind it all.”

“I’m sorry, Twi,” interjected Applejack, “but when ah’ think about it, Discord doesn’t seem like he’d be getting’ much out of all this. Ah’ know this ‘cause he’s been hangnin’ out in our apple orchard and stays there most of the time. Hay, he even hangs out with Big Mac sometimes. Startin’ ta think they’re buds.”

“Whatever it is, we’re stopping it. Come on!” Rainbow Dash led the way for the girls to head down to Apple Family Orchard and confront the Master of Chaos with their new facts.


The orchard looked lovely today, the noon sun glistening above, reflecting off the red apples. They were likes tiny mirrors of…red. Discord wasn’t much of a philosopher or poet, so he just decided to appreciate the moment by taking a bite out of one of the red mirrors. Juicy.

From far away were the sounds of different ponies approaching. From what he could tell, it seemed liked five ponies by land and one pony by air. He knew of only one group of ponies that travelled together like that. He finished up the rest of his apple and braced for the worst, knowing that when they came along that things usually ended getting messy.

“DISCORD!” the leader of the pack called out. The girls got into what he could only assume was their formation when it came to dealing with him, three on one side and three on the other. He wasn’t even sure what the purpose of that was. He could literally poof away at any given moment, but decided to humor them.

“Hello, Twily. How may I be of service today?” he asked, not even moving out of his spot on the tree.

“You know exactly the reason why. We know that you’ve been creating creatures to go into town and fight super-powered fillies. After all, you’re the only one who could do such a thing.”

“Oh,” Discord mumbled, knowing that he’d have to find a way to break it to the girls and make sure things didn’t crumble apart. “Alright, I admit it; the recent creatures have been my doing. The last two attacks only though. I originally gave several fillies some powers based on their personalities and such and then created these villains to fight.” He was ready for their ranting to begin. Instead, he heard the sounds of mild disappointment in the forms of sighs and shaking heads.

“Discord, darling,” Fluttershy floated over, “I thought we agreed on no big chaotic things. I mean, creating vicious villains and fighting fillies to battle with and endanger the town is definitely one of those ‘big’ things, right?” Discord simply couldn’t keep the truth from Fluttershy. It always made his chest hurt a little.

“It wasn’t for ME! It was for those fillies!” Discord just realized that he had just revealed something that should not have
been revealed. It was too late.

“By the way, who exactly are those fillies? I don’t think I’ve seen them around here before.” Twilight was still fooled by the spell Discord had put on the dresses to disguise them. Maybe he could still muscle out of this.

“Just a couple of fillies who needed to fight crime and the forces of evil, that’s all.” STUPID! That’s all that Discord could say about that answer. Soon enough they’d give him those eyes that make you wanna reveal the truth no matter what. They didn’t even start when he caved into the pressure of this awkward situation. “FINE! Since I know you’ll continue to pester me and through some contrived manner you’d find out anyway, I’ll let you know who they are.” He took a deep breath and quickly said, “ AppleBloomScootalooandSweetieBelle,” none of the girls could understand that, except for Pinkie Pie (of course).

“Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle are the Fighter Filly Girls?!” she exclaimed. The rest of the girls gasped in surprise.

“If you really must know why them, it’s because they helped me out once when I needed it and they really needed help in finding out about themselves. I mean, superpowers might seem an odd way for that, but it’s been said that you can truly test one’s resolve when given power. The rest of it with the villains was created after I realized that they would probably never be able to really use their powers much if they didn’t want to reveal it to everypony. Actually they told me that they didn’t want everypony to pester me with their own desires for superpowers. Yes, Rainbow Dash, I can tell that you were going to ask me for powers to make you fly faster, and no, that’d be a bad idea for somepony of your build. Go any faster the way you are and you’ll end up a pancake simply from the force of lift-off.” Rainbow Dash backed up after hearing that comment, not knowing how he knew she would ask that. That didn’t matter though, at least for the moment.

“So is that all? I mean, right now it seems that they managed to get the villains you created, so hopefully that sorted everything out,” Twilight asked, hoping things were actually as easy as they seemed.

“Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaa,” was the sound Discord made when he tried to find the best way to explain the snafu that had occurred. The noise the girls made was another sigh along with another facehoof. “Alright listen. I may have had a teensy weensy problem occur when I was trying to create their first villain. See, I was coming up with a special spell to create creatures that, while posing a threat, would never be too difficult to fight. I made a list of traits that good villains should have on a piece of paper, put that into a pot, and magiced away. Turns out that it wasn’t a very good idea to do it like that and a REALLY big boom happened. Turns out that I made a WHOLE lot more villains than intended, each having a different trait. That boom knocked me back before I could stop them, and, you’ll laugh at this, they’re resistant to my magic! That means I can’t just wish them away apparently AND I also made them so the only one who could really stop them were those three with their powers. So, yeah, they’re your only hope when it comes to them. Actually had one of the traits be that you six wouldn’t be able to ruin their fun.”

“Oh, we are SO going to Celestia to tell her about this,” Twilight said angrily.

“NO! Not her! She’s so annoying! Also, it’s not like I did all of this for me! I did this so a couple of fillies who didn’t have any direction in their life could find some meaning with powers, even temporarily. Also, I may have single-handedly revived a failing construction business with all the repairs needed, so there’s that. All that’ll happen if you tell her is that those three will be brought in and might not be able to stop the villains I created by accident I remind you again. Please?” Discord’s plea was heard by the hesitant mare, trying to think this through. If Celestia knew what had happened, then Discord would be turned into stone again. However, he was the only one who really knew what they were dealing with to some degree. It’s also not like he did all of this for fun, but really to give confidence to those three girls. Twilight knew what she had to do.

“Fine. I won’t tell her. But YOU have to do something to make it up, or at least ensure that there’s a backup plan in case
things go badly.”

“THANK YOU!” he said, grabbing the mare in a tight hug. “I promise that I’ll have an alternative solution set up right away! Applejack, letting you know right now that I’ll need to use that orchard you never use anymore for my plan to work. Oh, and just letting you know that you should NOT let any of them know that you know their identities. Who knows what would happen with their esteem and everything. Anyway, I’ll get right on it!” The draconequus sped away, leaving a confused Applejack to wonder what was going on with the orchard. The six of them went from the orchard and were headed back to Ponyville, left to absorb the events that had just happened. Hopefully things wouldn’t be too bad. If they had seen the strange, red shadow that had hidden among the trees while they had their little conversation, their thoughts about the situation would have become much more unpleasant.