• Published 3rd Jun 2013
  • 1,482 Views, 22 Comments

White Sparkle - EuphorianPony3



Shimmering her lavender coat... Hiding the god she really is... Twilight Sparkle... The Savior of Equestria and "The Wandering Hunter" Spike

  • ...
1
 22
 1,482

Chapter Two: Rejuvenation and a Blade

"Hey Twilight. Look at the glowing light!"

Twilight began to look at the light after her eye was taken off the element

"You think we should go in there?"

"I... think so..."

Spike then looked at Twilight. In a not amused manner

"You know that doesn't keep me from wondering, Let's just walk in..."

Twilight then began to get on her four hooves as she entered the glowing light in the tree

Cave of Star Swirl

Twilight and Spike came out of the glowing portal of light as the vision of a seemless white crescent moon came as beautiful flowers sprouted from their untimely roots, as a bridge with two flames erecting from the side burning brightly, as the grass was as green as ever...

"Where are we? It got awfully quiet all of a sudden"

Twilight glanced at the scenery as Spike continued.

"I don't remember any place like this in Ponyville."

"Well, Spike we better keep our eyes peeled. For a dragon you look really helpless. You sure you're going to be OK?"

Spike moved his head around in an instant

"I am not helpless! For your information Twilight!"

Twilight began to walk as Spike was on her back, The two got to the bridge as they looked down to the would be river which turned out to be a endless cliff

"Well, *sheepishly laughs* that rules off one thing!"

The two crossed the bridge as a cliff and numerous pots came into their vision.

"Twilight! Look at all those pots just waitin' to be broken!"

"Oh no, i'm not doing what you think of!"

"C'mon Twilight! You never know what treasures are waitin' in there! Might be something good in there"

Twilight then looked at the first pot rather awkwardly, then she took a deep breath as she charged into the pot with her horn first.

"Way to go my unicorn friend!"

"I am not a "unicorn" friend Spike my name is Twilight!"

"Alright, alright calm down"

Twilight then smashed all of the pots that was clear of any boulders, several bits came flying out.

"Twilight! Look at all of the bits just waitin' to be picked up!"

Twilight then picked up the bits and levitated them into her wallet. A slope then came along as they traveled upwards as several crimson fences was hanging off the bottomless cliffs. A very high cliff then blocked their path.

"Whoa, whoa, hold on there Twilight! Get a load of that! That chest looks mighty tempting..."

Twilight looked at Spike whom's tongue was dripping at the sight of the chest

"You okay there Spike?"

"Yeah *shakes head* Getting up that high should be a piece of cake..."

Twilight then looked at Spike in shock and awe

"Up there? What do you think I am?"

"I dunno, a Pegasus maybe?"

Twilight then sighed as she then walked up close to the peak

"Here, goes nothing!"

Twilight then leaped as her heart stopped pounding, suddenly magical flowers arose around Twilight's hooves as she leaped once again and barely reached the top.

"I knew ya could do it. They say "Good luck is found in high places." So. keep your eyes peeled. We don't wanna miss any treasure!"

"You mean, your treasure?"

"Oh no! No no no! Yours as well!"

Twilight then began to laugh a little as she opened the chest with her horn. A Holy Book came out!

"Wow! This looks really interesting doesn't it Spike?"

Spike then smacked his face as he drooped it down his face.

"You call THAT interesting?"

"Well, yeah. Books are my favorite thing in the world!"

Spike then sighed in utter dismay as he muttered.

"Such an egghead..."

"I'm not an egghead Spike!"

"Yeah? You sure seem like it..."

"... ... Call me an egghead then if you really want to, it's your seat by the end of the day"

"Um, Twilight? You know how i called you an egghead?"

"Yeah. And?"

"I'm really sorry i called you one..."

"That's OK Spike... It looks like i won't be shoving dragons off my back anytime soon"

Another bridge was in vision. As Spike and Twilight began to cross Twilight almost steeped of the cliff as there was a massive hole separating the two end pieces of the bridge.

"Looks like the bridge is out. This shouldn't be so hard, um... Twilight, was it? That's kinda long. Mind if i call ya "Twi"?"

"Twilight nodded.

"Of course Spike!"

"Listen, Twi... Ever heard of the spirits of the scroll?"

"Of course Spike! My many books told me about it"

"Of course... books... Good work of your horn has i'ts own soul 'least that's what they say. Just watch. It'd take all day to explain... A picture's worth a thousand words right?"

"Right Spike..."

Spike then recovered a manuscript from his pocket and then began to draw the missing piece of the bridge... Suddenly the rest of the actual bridge appeared in a splash of water. As Twilight gasped in shock and awe. Spike then began to brag.

"Nice huh. Just a little technique i've mastered called Rejuvenation. It's one of the many scroll techniques that use divine spiritual power. I'ts a scroll god power that can bring back broken or missing things. I've practiced really, really hard to master this one scroll. But there are 13! Each one is a power of one of the 13 brush gods. "

Twilight interrupted.

"Originally, all 13 were a single powerful deity. Exists within the stars... I'ts said Spike that, if you gaze hard enough or you see the stars twinkle. You can see a constellation."

"Wow Twilight. All you have to do after is plot in the stars."

"It looks like you'll be doing the star plotting for me..."

"Heh, guess so... Wait, Twilight! How can any pony have the power to master all 13!?"

"I don't know Spike... You may be that one then"

"You really think so Twilight?"

"Well, of course Spike! You can master one. I'm pretty sure you can master all 13!"

Spike then took a bow on Twilight's back.

"Thanks Twi!"

Twilight then began to cross the now repaired bridge. With a small palace glistening with a sparkle, Twilight then began to wander to the structure as Spike hanged on her back. Suddenly a pool of blue water blocked them from going any further.

Hey Twilight! Look at the words encrypted on this plinth!"

Twilight then read the sign as she looked in confusion.

"River of the Heavens huh?"

"Whaddya think that means Twi?"

Twilight then looked around as she saw another cliff, with a mighty gaze of the night.

"Maybe... Spike hang on!"

Twilight then began to run with all of her energy and began to sit down and gaze at the stars.

"Oh come on Twilight! You don't honestly expect a scroll god to appear here!"

Twilight, not taking one eye or blink to look at Spike began to talk.

"It might do Spike! You just got to have patience!"

Spike then gasped with awe as four blue stars began to appear

"Or... maybe there is one here. Nice going Twilight!"

The pattern of the stars then twinkled as a shape of a dragon came clear and then quickly dissipated.

"Hmm... There's one missing Twi... Guess i'll have to draw the missing star!"

Spike then attempted to paint the last star on the manuscript... But the drawn star did not appear...

"... ... Bah... Looks like i'm just not ready to draw missing stars."

Twilight then used her horn to levitate the manuscript out of Spike's claws.

"Hey!"

"Let me have a try!"

With a feather she began to draw the missing star. With luck and hope the stars blinked as the one Twilight drew came to life and the image of the dragon then began to fly towards her.

"Ah... Why, if it isn't mother Twilight."

Twilight then looked at the dragon with open eyes

"How did you..."

"I apologize for not contacting you sooner during these long years..."

"Do I know you?"

"Having never forgotten you, I, Glister, god of restoration, have eagerly awaited this day where we can once again meet..."

"I'm afraid I don't know any one or dragon for that matter called Glister"

"While you were away, the 13 spirits of the scroll that you once possessed, including myself, have been scattered in this land of ponies, and now lie in disarray. I became a constellation and managed to survive until now."

"Don't worry... just... continue"

"The time has come for you to to seek out and reunite all of scroll gods. Your power is what is needed to restore the dried nutrients and riverbed of the heavens and renew the flow of the stardust."

The dragon then transformed into a scroll and hovered to Twilight, entering her body.

"What... is this power inside me!?"

Spike ignored Twilight

"Wow that was Glister, the god of Rejuvenation! Wait... so that means you have the power of Rejuvenation now!?"

"I... guess so"

Suddenly Twilight's ears then twitched as she ran to the broken river of stardust.

"Whoa Twilight! Calm down!!"

Twilight refused as she stood at the broken river of stardust... Twilight then gagged in pain as her horn glowed brightly. Sweat was visible from her expression.

"This... and this and... Done!"

Twilight then took a few couple of breaths as a magical river of stardust became visible to both of Twilight's and Spike's eyes.

"Wow Twilight! I never knew you had it in ya! A river of stardust! So this really must be the river of the heavens."

Twilight then stood paralyzed at the river of stardust.

"Well... Whatcha waitin' for Twilight?"

"Um... Nothing"

Twilight then gulped and reached her hoof out as she took a deep breath and then dived into the river. After a few struggling and near drowning Twilight swam to the end of the stardust filled river and made her way into the portal.

As what something familiar to Ponyville. A hill then approached Twilight's and Spike's eyes as she began to run up the hill as numerous ponds and fully grown trees surrounded their environment. Twilight then gasped in awe as a waterfall was arising from a hall in the cliff next to the pathway.

"Wow. I've never seen so much life in one area since this darkness arose..."

"Neither have I Spike"

"Well, Course you ain't! You've been asleep all this time haven't you?"

Twilight giggled

"I guess i have"

The two then stopped looking at the peaceful river as a sign was close

"Fountain of Star Swirl! What's his name doing here?"

Twilight ignored Spike as the lavender mare walked into the crack in the wall which led to a dark cave. Inside the dark cave bamboo spikes were hanging above the entrance as a magnificent statue of Star Swirl was covered in moss as most of the sword, Star Seeker, was supposed to be. Twilight then looked around as the bamboo spikes crushed down into the floor, trapping Twilight and Spike inside.

"Is this... Is this the legendary shrine? We must be in the Cave of Star Swirl! The legendary hero Star Swirl is enshrined here! He vanquished evil 200 years ago with the help of a white timber wolf, Dokenmaru!"

Twilight began to place her hoof on her chin.

"That name Dokenmaru sounds familiar..."

"Because he's one of your ancestors Twi! He must have looked after you when you were little!"

Twilight then glanced at the shrine in awe

"Well... I've never read in a book before about a timber wolf looking after it's prey..."

"That's 'cause there was something off Dokenmaru! Twi! He wasn't like the other timber wolf's! He saw the talent inside you and kept you alive when your real parents... um... passed away..."

Twilight then pulled the dragon off her back.

"You sure? What happened to my parents?"

"Years ago... Hydra got enraged with a town of Canterlot... i'm pretty sure you must know where that is *mumble* Anyway, the town refused to listen to the beast so... it crushed everything inside Canterlot..."

"What happened to my parents?"

"Your parents... while the house's wooden planks blocked the door, a chandelier broke causing a ring of fire to swarm around your parents and you... A white timber wolf battened down the door and quickly risked it's life for you! He grabbed you by the back and then jumped out of the burning house as your parents... Well you must know where I am getting at..."

"Wait! How do you know so much?"

"My father was a companion with Dokenmaru... Because of him i know so much It's where almost all of my knowledge extends from..."

"Do you know where he is?"

"No... Hopefully someplace safe... I'm sorry about your parents... I've heard that they were a swell bunch..."

Twilight brushed off any remorse of tears that was inside of her

"i'ts OK, C'mon Spike! Let's find a way out of here!"

"Spike then climbed back on Twilight.

"Wow... I guess the gods didn't do much to protect this place. See? The swords in pretty bad shape."

Twilight's head then glistened as an idea came into her head

"I have an idea Spike!"

With a sparkle from her horn as sweat was coming down from her face Twilight then drew on the sword.

"How'd you get so good at this anyway Twi?"

"I honestly don't know Spike..."

"Hey Twi! There's another constellation! You know what to do! Here"

Spike then handed Twilight the manuscript as she used the feather to draw on the missing star. The shape then took form of a mouse as a immense sword then came into it's mouth as it swept down near Twilight and Spike as the creature sat atop of the sword like a bird on the porch.

"Well, well well... If it isn't mother Twilight."

"Erm, hello"

"It's been a long time. But with all these monsters around, the only place I could hide was in this shrine dedicated to a ancient unicorn"

"*I dunno maybe you could have used that big sword...*" Spike said with a mumble

"If there is anything I can do to assist you in your endeavors, I'm at your service."

"I'm glad to hear that... whoever you are"

"Make good use of this sword, as it is designed to conquer evil

"Like all swords... *mumble*"

The mouse then glistened into a scroll and then once again, made it's way into Twilight's body.

"Hey! That was the god, Swift Flow, master of the Magic Slash scroll. Wait a minute. If you're getting all of these powers... Then you're just like Dokenmaru!"

Twilight giggled

"Spike i'm not a timber wolf silly"

Spike then said in a worry

"This is crazy! Dokenmaru and Star Swirl? It's just like the legend. Well anyway i've never seen the Magic Slash scroll myself. Could you show me it on that boulder?"

Twilight then glanced at the boulder, it's rock made of the heaviest spear.

"Well... no hurt in trying..."

Twilight then activated her horn, with more sweat becoming visible on her face the boulder cut in half the other top falling onto the ground...

"Wow! I didn't think you could cut boulders of that magnitude in half!"

Twilight then looked at the boulder in shock

"Wow! Guess it is pretty useful..."

"Hey... Twilight... I've made up my mind! If you're Dokenmaru reborn, then that means you can master all 13 scrolls right? In that case, i think i'll tag along until i'm as good as you!"

Twilight blushed

"Aw thanks Spike! I could use some company."

"Hey wait! This means you can cut down that element Celestia wanted us to chop down!"

"We could do... Let's go back and give it a try!"

Twilight... without further ado then shred the bamboo spikes in half and then made her way back to the element

"Hey Twilight... I've been thinking..."

"About what Spike?"

"It's... Nothing. Just ignore me..."

"OK, then..."

The Sun God's tree loomed towering above the two...

Twilight then activated her horn once more and with more sweat coming down the lavender unicorn's face, then pulled a mighty magic slash and cut down the element which then exploded in sparkles as the color to the land returned...

Author's Note:

Whew! Finally done that chapter.

"Whaddya think?" Did i disappoint you? Please let me know if i did!

That chapter took roughly 6-7 hours to write...

I hope you check back tomorrow for the next chapter! As few more characters will be confirmed!

And a little more "Insight" on Ponyville!