• Published 31st May 2013
  • 2,742 Views, 8 Comments

MLP: ODST - Hazardous Venture - JO3



Some Forerunner tech started acting up as the UNSC battleship Victory made the jump back to Earth, now they are above a strange new world.

  • ...
8
 8
 2,742

Chapter 13: Reinforcements

Spitfire was shocked to see the volume of enemy reinforcements. The question of where they came from was answered by a report from the Equestrian Coalition on the ground, “All hostiles are retreating, looks like we won the ground. Secure all positions in case if they come back. Major Cromwell, out.”

The scattered fliers of the first wave were rapidly being annihilated by the fleeing Changelings and dragons. The few Pelicans left on the lunar surface were quickly redeployed to push back the hostile reinforcements. The dogfighting ensued. The dropships were ill equipped for such offensives, but they were all that could help.

Almost all of Baker Company's dropships were quickly eliminated by the dragons. The first wave fliers were going to have to push back the enemy that had positioned them in a pincer attack. “We cannot surrender the skies!” Spitfire called across all flier comms.

“Ma'am, we can't hold the line for much longer. We just don't have enough troops,” a worried pilot responded.

“If we don't hold the line, Equestria may be lost,” Spitfire countered.

The Rookie, hearing the calls for help from the fliers above, grabbed a nearby radio. He said, “All ground troops, concentrate your fire skyward. We are losing the skies, but watch for friendlies!”

The torrential hail of gunfire from the ground troops was doing far too little to the determined reinforcements. Quickly, the pegasi were forced onto the ground, and the enemy had control over the skies.

Joe continued to lay on the ground, gazing absentmindedly at the hostile skies. Yet again, he saw hope where others saw defeat.

“This is Gilda leading the griffon army. Where do you want us?” came the all-too familiar voice of the prankster.

Joe struggled to turn on his radio, and he broadcast, “...In the skies,” before he collapsed once more.

The Griffon Kingdoms had responded to Celestia's call for help, and they sent their forces en masse. Thousands of griffons entered the airspace, all equipped with their own environment suits. The pegasi that lost the skies responded to this and launched themselves skyward to put the enemy on the defensive. The hostiles started to crumble, and the Saturn V entered the battlefield.

The ICBM from the 1960s stayed on target, thanks to its improvised guidance system. The missile landed amongst the hostiles in their base, HAVOK mine ready for the signal. The light on the detonator turned green.

Joe hastily grabbed the detonator, his armor still ablaze, and his body about to quit out on him. Joe waited for the signal from Spitfire.

Soon, all of the hostile forces, Changelings, and dragons, as well as indoctrinated ponies, griffons, and ODSTs were all forced back to their base. A lone broadcast struck the airwaves, “Blow it.”

Joe flicked open the cap on the detonator, then pressed the button. Joe then collapsed and breathed his last, letting the roar of the flames that consumed his armor lull him to his last slumber.

The HAVOK detonated, the flash of light and shock wave obliterated most of the enemy... most. All the was left in the crater was a shadow amongst shadows. “Sombra!” one flier yelled across the comms.

The Rookie heard this and said, “Mendeleev squad, on me!”

The ponies bearing the Elements of Harmony approached, and followed the Rookie as he charged out of his crater foxhole. “Mendeleev, I'll provide a diversion for Sombra, then you'll have to hit him hard. Give him everything you've got,” the Rookie ordered as he started to regret not having any armor plates.

“Just tell us when,” Rainbow Dash responded.

The Rookie quickly got on his radio once more, “Baker Company, make a hole!” A handful of Pelicans that survived the dogfight earlier formed up. They unleashed a hail of rockets and cannon fire, clearing a path through the wreckage of downed aircraft, leading straight to Sombra's crater.

In the crater, Sombra was still trying to figure out what happened to his forces and his fortress. Through his contemplation, a single taunting voice could be heard, “Hey, Mr. Tall Dark and Gruesome, remember me?”

Sombra turned, only to see the same soldier that infiltrated his base earlier. In a bout of rage, Sombra lashed out with his black magic. Grasping the ODST by his throat, Sombra brought him in closer. “Tell me everything that you have down to my empire,” the fascist king demanded.

“Well, I just laid out the target designators so that the nuke wouldn't miss. I have also stolen a sandwich from your barracks,” The Rookie responded, tauntingly.

“You will suffer a pain that would make death seem merciful and welcome,” Sombra threatened.

“So your sending me back to my ex-wife?” the Rookie joked. Sombra threw the Rookie against the ground at this remark. “I'll take that as a no, so is it my drill instructor?” the Rookie taunted yet again, coughing up a little blood.

“NO!!!” yelled Sombra, clearly annoyed at the Rookie.

“You do realize my squad calls me 'Rookie', as in one of little experience. I, the 'Rookie', managed to destroy your base, ruin your plans, annihilate your forces, and keep you distracted this whole time,” the Rookie said with a grin.

“What was that last part?” Sombra demanded.

“Just this,” the Rookie turned his head to his left, “NOW!”

A giant rainbow arched from the ridge of the crater toward Sombra. Sombra and the ODST were quickly engulfed in the powerful attack, but as Sombra's grasp lessened, the Rookie slipped out of the danger zone. Rapidly crawling backwards, the Rookie covered his head as the power of the Elements of Harmony reached their peek.

Once the rainbow of Harmony faded, nothing was left of the fascist king. The Rookie let out the breath he didn't know he was holding, and said, “All in a days' work.”