• Published 29th May 2013
  • 10,859 Views, 538 Comments

A TrixDash Love Story - Yukito



Trixie and Rainbow Dash fall in love after a chance meeting

  • ...
30
 538
 10,859

24 - Saving Trixie and Protecting Celestia (Part II)

Trixie opened her eyes slowly. A bright light intruded into her vision, blinding her for a moment until her eyes could adjust, and a shape began to take form. It was a pony, looking down on her with a smile. It was Rainbow Dash.

“Are you okay?”

Trixie was confused. Where was she? Why was Rainbow Dash standing above her? Why could she hear nothing but the sound of Rainbow’s voice? Slowly, Trixie began to sit up, straining herself as she tried to get a look around the room. White walls, white floor, white ceiling… A hospital, perhaps?

“Thank Celestia. You were out for ages and I was startin’ ta get a little worried…”

Trixie turned to Rainbow Dash. Shouldn’t she be at the Wonderbolts Academy? No, before that, why were they together in a hospital room? Closing her eyes, Trixie tried to remember what had happened. A show in Ponyville… leaving for Manehatten… Scootaloo bothering her… The mysterious pony!

“I was attacked,” Trixie said as her memories began to clear up. “What… What happened after that?”

“It’s okay,” Rainbow Dash assured her. “Celestia took care of that pony and then moved you to the hospital. I heard about what happened and rushed over for ya.”

Trixie smiled. “You came all this way for me?” Rainbow Dash nodded. “… Thanks,” she said as she reached out and hugged the pegasus. “Trixie is glad that she has somepony like you by her side.”

“… What are you talking about?” A sharp pain passed through Trixie’s stomach. The showmare pulled back to find a blue, metallic wing piercing her abdomen. “Who said I’m here to support you? I just came to drop off this.”

Rainbow Dash dropped a letter onto Trixie’s bed. The letter contained only two words: ‘We’re through’.

“You didn’t think I’d wait around for a dead pony, did you? C’mon, get over yourself. You’re not that special.”

Trixie’s breathing increased as she grabbed the wing and pushed it forwards, attempting to remove it from herself. “W-What are you saying? You said that-”

“There are plenty of mares out there, and lots of unicorns, too. What makes you stand out?”

“‘What’? I’m the Great and Powerful Trixie, of course.”

“Yeah? Not very ‘great’ or ‘powerful’ when you’re not even conscious,” Rainbow said as she pushed Trixie onto her back. “Later, Trix. I’m off to find somepony who can stay awake long enough to please me.”

“W-Wait! Dash, don’t-” By the time that Trixie was sitting up again, she found herself sitting in a field of white. All around her, for as far as the eye could see, that’s all that there was. White. Nothing but white. “Where am I?” Trixie asked.

“Oh good. You’re awake.” Trixie gasped and turned around. She found Rainbow Dash standing behind her. “Thank Celestia. You were out for ages and I was startin’ ta get a little worried…”

Trixie tried to work out what was happening. Shouldn’t she be at the Wonderbolts Academy? No, before that, why were they together in this empty void. “Dash, I can’t remember anything. What happened? Where are we?”


As Trixie winced and groaned in her bed, shifting about and sweating profusely with Rainbow Dash at her bedside, Celestia gathered the rest of the small group together to discuss the current situation.

“Princess Celestia, about what you said earlier… are you trying to suggest that ghosts really exist?” Twilight asked, shocked at the sight of her tutor nodding. “That’s ridiculous! Er, not to question your knowledge or good judgement, Princess, but… ghosts? Really?”

“Not the type you would find in textbooks or movies, my pupil,” Princess Celestia clarified, “But there are indeed beings in this world that can be referred to as ‘ghosts’. Or rather, the correct term is ‘poltergeist’. That is what we are currently faced with at this moment.”

“Pardon, Princess,” Applejack began, “But… any chance y’all could rewind a bit an’ start at the beginnin’ there?”

Celestia nodded. “Of course, Applejack. As you probably already know, a ‘ghost’ is typically created when somepony dies, but their soul remains in limbo, rather than passing onto the next world.” Everypony in the room nodded, with the exception of Fluttershy who… wasn’t even there. “Where has Fluttershy gone to?”

Pinkie Pie hopped to the vacant bed on the other side of the room and lifted the covers draped over the side to reveal Fluttershy trembling beneath. “… Oh. Uh, d-don’t mind me. I’m just… making sure there’s enough room under this bed to hide…”

“… As I was saying,” Celestia said, deciding to simply get back on track, “That story actually comes from a real creature that feasts on the emotions of ponies whose souls have left this world. Before they can enter the next life, they must be free of all emotional attachments. Sometimes, however, a pony with such strong, usually when they feel they have died an unclean death, may overpower this creature and become what is known as a ‘poltergeist’. Whilst in this form, they resemble their living selves both in body and in mind, but the only emotions they can exhibit are the emotions they had upon their death.”

“But, Princess, Sunset Shimmer never died,” Twilight pointed out. “Don’t you remember how she stole my crown and I chased her into that other world?”

“That may be true, but recall my wording earlier: these creatures feast on the emotions of ponies whose souls have ‘left this world’. To them, that doesn’t necessarily mean death. When Sunset Shimmer left, her emotions remained behind and overpowered one of these creatures, creating the poltergeist that we saw outside. That would also explain why she is targeting students from my school.”

“Why is that?” Rarity asked.

“To put it simply, we didn’t leave on the best of terms,” Celestia explained. “She left this world on the very night I had expelled her as my personal student. The rage, bitterness and envy that she felt were still strong, as was her desire to hurt me as I hurt her.”

“Then why is she going after all these ponies who had nothing to do with what happened back then?” Pinkie Pie asked, deflating into a pout. “That just doesn’t seem fair!”

“Because she knows that it will hurt me,” Celestia said. “Sunset Shimmer was smart, and that poltergeist is every bit as smart as she was when she left. She knows that she cannot hurt me directly, so she’ll instead target all of my students, whom I care deeply for as though they were my very own children, and make it a point that they are suffering because of me.”

“That’s not true!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. “This isn’t your fault!”

“That’s right!” Applejack agreed. “Ain’t yer fault that any of this is happenin’!”

“… Perhaps you are right, but at the same time, I cannot say,” Celestia replied. “Sunset Shimmer was a difficult case. She was every bit as thirsty for knowledge as Twilight is, but at the same time her desire to put that knowledge into practice sometimes got the best of her. She had potential. Potential to become Equestria’s next princess… or its greatest threat. It was that risk that led me to make the decision I made, but thinking back on it now, perhaps I was too hasty…”

“That’s great an’ all,” Rainbow Dash said, “But what about Trixie?! She hasn’t woke up yet and she keeps kickin’ around and her fever’s still rising!”

“Rainbow Dash, please,” Twilight pleaded.

“What’s wrong with her?! What did Sunset Shimmer do to her?!”

“From the looks of it, it is a spell designed to block off a certain part of Trixie’s mind,” Celestia said. “I’ve seen this type of magic before. It was used by Sombra to inhibit the section of ‘hope’ in the minds of the crystal ponies. In this case, though, the shock to Trixie’s system has knocked her into a comatose state. If she were conscious I could help her, but like this, I fear that any further shock might kill Trixie.”

“So what can we do then?!” Rainbow Dash asked, jumping out of her seat and grabbed Celestia’s necklace as she glared at the startled princess. “If you say ‘leave her’ I’ll-” Rainbow Dash gasped as she realised who she was threatening. Letting go and gently landing to the ground, Rainbow Dash muttered an apology and sat back down by Trixie’s side.

“… Trixie can be saved,” Celestia said, “But she will need your help in order to wake up, Rainbow Dash.”

“Rainbow Dash’s help?” Twilight asked. “How?”

“As I said, Sunset Shimmer’s spell has blocked off a certain emotion in Trixie’s mind. That emotion is love, and with it the ability to trust in others. In order to cancel out the spell without force, we will require somepony close to Trixie, somepony who shares a strong bond.”

“Somepony like her marefriend?” Rarity suggested, before gasping and adding in an excited, “Don’t tell me they’ll have to kiss!”

“N-No,” Celestia replied, earning a huff from Rarity. “I will use a spell to link their minds. Then, Rainbow Dash can enter the deepest part of Trixie’s subconscious and remind her of the love that you both share.”

“But Princess, melding minds is dangerous,” Twilight said. “The caster has to remain in meditation until the job is finished or else the minds will remain connected forever. If Sunset Shimmer attacks right now-”

“I understand the risks, Twilight,” Celestia said. “But the longer that we do nothing, the closer Trixie’s condition comes to being permanent. I am willing to take this risk if it means saving her, considering the responsibility is mine to begin with.” Celestia turned to Rainbow Dash. “However, as Twilight has just said, you will be at risk, too. Therefore, are you willing to-”

“Of course I am!” Rainbow Dash said immediately. “You think I’d just sit here and do nothing? Of course I’m goin’ in!”

“But Rainbow,” Twilight began, “If Celestia loses her focus before you’re done, you’ll be lost forever in Trixie’s mind! And if Trixie never wakes up…”

“… Then I’ll just have to get in there and save Trixie quickly, then!” Rainbow Dash said. “You just worry about casting that spell, Princess. I’ll save her!”

Celestia looked as Rainbow Dash grasped Trixie’s hoof and stared back with a determined, impatient look. As Trixie began to thrash about violently, Twilight and Rarity ran to her side quickly to see what was wrong. “Very well then, just as long as you are sure. Everypony, draw the curtains. Rainbow Dash, close your eyes and keep a firm hold of Trixie’s hoof.”

Rainbow Dash nodded and gripped Trixie’s hoof tightly with both forehooves. The room became dark as Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy drew the curtains, but then became bright again as a powerful white light sparked from Celestia’s horn. Rainbow Dash closed her eyes and felt herself falling asleep, just as a loud bang followed by many startled gasps filled her head.


Sunset Shimmer grinned as she watched two ponies drawing the curtains of the hospital room her former mentor was in. “Looks like she took the bait. As predictable of my old teacher.” Sunset stepped forward off of the rooftop she was standing on and channelled her magic, walking forward across the air before her.

“Stop right there!” Sunset did indeed stop as three ponies surrounded her. An bright yellow mare with an orange mane, a white stallion with a dark-blue mane and a light-blue mare with a white mane. All three were wearing the standard Wonderbolts uniform that Sunset remembered. “You’re under arrest for several accounts of assault with brutal force!” the yellow one shouted.

Sunset narrowed her eyes. “You really think that a trio of hack showponies can stop Equestria’s rightful heir to the throne?”

“Surrender now and we’ll take it easy on you,” the stallion said.

“In case you can’t tell, you’re outnumbered,” the light-blue mare pointed out, bringing a devious grin to Sunset’s face.

“Outnumbered… but never outmatched.” Sunset’s horn sparked to life and, before anypony knew what was happening, the light-blue mare was knocked out of the sky by an explosion behind her.


Rainbow Dash wondered where she was. When she last closed her eyes, she was inside of a hospital room in Manehatten. When she had opened them again, she was under a starry night sky, with the cool night wind blowing through her mane and across her coat, in the middle of a wide, empty courtyard… and before a large castle, seemingly made out of diamonds or crystal or something of the sort. Rainbow Dash was no expert, but it looked like something Spike would eat and that Rarity would swoon over.

“Hey, Princess Celestia?!” Rainbow Dash called out, receiving no response other than her own echo. “Princeeeeeeess! … Twilight?! Applejack?! Anypony?!” There was no response. “Where am I?”

During her walk towards the castle, Rainbow Dash noticed that there was nopony around. There were gardens, benches, market stalls and the sort, but nopony tending to any of them. There were also no clouds in the sky, nor even a moon!

The first sign of life finally presented itself when Rainbow Dash arrived at the entrance to the castle. Standing at the doorway, clad in dark, steel armour and brandishing a spear, was the mare that Rainbow Dash wanted to see most of all. “Trixie!”

Trixie glanced up at the charging pegasus and pointed her spear forward to halt Rainbow’s advances. “Stay back! This castle is closed to all outsiders! None may enter!”

“Turn around now! You are not welcome here!”

Rainbow Dash stopped and noticed the second Trixie standing beside the first. “What the? Two Trixies? Normal I’d find that awesome, buuuut…” Both Trixies stepped forward, each one driving their spears just a little closer to Rainbow Dash, who backed away with a gulp. “H-Hey now, c’mon. It’s me!”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie does not recognise you!” the first Trixie said.

“Even if we did, we would never let you in!” the second one followed.

Rainbow Dash looked between the two for a moment. “What’re ya saying? It’s me, Rainbow Dash! Your marefriend? Love of your life? … We write letters to each other every day?”

“Love?” the first Trixie asked. “The Great and Powerful Trixie would not allow herself to feel such an emotion!”

“Love is the path of ultimate destruction! Trust is poison that would kill us!” the second Trixie said. “Now leave this place! The Great and Powerful could not, and would not love you!”

“Now hang on just a second!” Rainbow Dash shouted, startling the two Trixies and causing them to tighten their grips on their spears. “I came all the way here to save you! I don’t know where ‘here’ is, but I’m not leavin’ here without you! Know why? ‘Cause I…” Rainbow Dash took a deep breath, blushing, and added, “‘CAUSE I LOVE YOU!”

The two Trixies simply stared back with widened eyes. “But Trixie does not-”

“No! Don’t you say it, ‘cause I know that isn’t true!” Rainbow Dash said. “Trix and I have been together for months and I know she wouldn’t just forget all we’ve been through together! Like the time where we went to Appleoosa to watch the buffalo stampede, and Trixie accidentally started off a pie-throwing war!” Rainbow Dash couldn’t help but grin at the memory of that event. “And then when it was over she went and took a long bath. I offered to lick it off and she got so embarrassed-”

“Well of course I did! There were other ponies there, idiot!” The first Trixie clamped a hoof over her mouth, realising what she had just said. “W-Wait… I remember that… But how? How could I have forgotten?”

“What are you talking about?” the second Trixie asked. “This must be some trick! The Great and Powerful Trixie would never fall in love!”

Rainbow Dash looked at the first Trixie, trying to figure out in her mind what was happening. ‘Hold on, what was it Princess Celestia said before? ‘Remind her of the love we share’?’ Rainbow Dash turned to the second Trixie, who was now glaring venom into the pegasus’ eyes. “… Hey.”

“What?” the second Trixie spat.

“Remember that time… we were in Las Pegasus together? We toured the city in the air at night, and you were all panicked I might drop you-”

“Who wouldn’t be?! You were flying way too fast and manoeuvring like a drunk pony!” the second Trixie gasped. “Wait… I remember that night… The beautiful view from high-up, the candlelight dinner, the casino, the hotel…”

“We were in love,” the first Trixie said.

“Trixie loves you,” the second one followed.

A silence passed between the three, before the Trixies both backed up and stepped to either side of the large doorway. “Uh… does this mean I can go in?” Rainbow Dash asked.

The two Trixies nodded. “Trixie only lets in those that she trusts!” the first Trixie said.

“And the Great and Powerful Trixie trusts you, Rainbow Dash!” the second Trixie added. “You may enter!”

Rainbow Dash nodded and then slowly stepped forward, entering cautiously into the large castle. “The real Trixie’s gotta be in there… and I’m gonna save her!”

“Good luck.”

“Trixie will be here if you need her.”

Rainbow Dash felt two soft pairs of lips, on one either side of her face, and her wings flared out. The two Trixies backed away and turned their gazes out into the distance, leaving the pegasus to her own devices.

With a nod, Rainbow Dash charged inside. She was going to find Trixie and save her, no matter what.


As Soarin and Spitfire continued to fly circles around Sunset Shimmer, confusing the poltergeist and creating openings to attack from, Twilight Sparkle and her friends watched from behind their hospital room’s curtain with great anxiety.

“Maybe we should move ‘em someplace safe?” Applejack suggested as she pulled back and glanced over to her friends and the princess beside her.

“The doctors said that moving Trixie right now would be risky,” Twilight said, “And besides that, do you even know how much the princess weighs?” Twilight immediately clasped her hooves over her mouth, but then breathed a relieved sigh when she recalled that Princess Celestia was in deep meditation. “Anyway, all we can do for now is wait and prepare ourselves.”

“Prepare? For what?” Rarity asked.

“If the Wonderbolts are defeated, then we have to defend the princess until she’s finished with her spell. Right now she’s unable to fight back!”

Twilight’s friend exchanged uneasy gazes. “But Twilight, how in Equestria do you expect us to fend off somepony capable of defeating your brother and the Wonderbolts?”

“We don’t exactly have the Elements anymore, so we got no advantage there,” Applejack pointed out.

“I can only break the laws of nature for comic effect,” Pinkie Pie reported.

Twilight gasped as an idea came to her. “Discord! Of course, why didn’t I think of it sooner?”

“… Beause it’s Discord?” Applejack suggested. “Even if we could get a hold of him, what makes ya think he’d help?”

“Besides that, the last thing we want right now is for Discord to know that Celestia is completely vulnerable,” Rarity said.

Twilight put a hoof to her chin and conceded. “I guess you’re right. But we have to think of something. My magic alone might not be enough to hold her back for long.”

“Well ya’d better think fast, Twilight, ‘cause Spitfire’s jus’ gone down!” Applejack said, drawing everypony’s attentions back to the window, where Spitfire had indeed fallen to the street below beside Fleetfoot. Soarin was still circling his target in the air and avoiding magical attacks whilst swooping in to deliver his own physical ones.

Suddenly, the door slammed open behind everypony, startling them and almost making Twilight’s heart jump out of her chest. As everypony turned around, they found a large, feathered figure standing at the doorway with a sharp glare and dagger-like claws raised threateningly.

“Stop. That. Racket.”

Twilight tilted her head in confusion. “Uh…”

The feathered fiend stepped forward. “Stop. That. RACKET!”

“Gilda!” A yellow blur zipped across the room and tackled the large griffon.

Gilda tried to stay on her feet and pushed Fluttershy away. “Hey, hey! Hooves off the feathers!” she said before backing away and casting the yellow pegasus a glare. “Wait, don’t tell me you’re the one who was making that noise?!”

Fluttershy giggled sheepishly as she revealed a small whistle with an eagle’s head at the tip. “S-Sorry, but you said that if I ever needed anything I could call for you, so-”

“W-What are you talking about?!” Gilda shouted as she clamped a claw over Fluttershy’s mouth whilst flustering. “Idiot! I didn’t say anything like-” Gilda gasped as she noticed the pony laying on her back in the hospital bed, the pegasus sat beside her with her eyes closed and a white aura surrounding her body… and Princess Celestia in deep medication beside them. “What’s goin’ on in here?”

“It’s just awful!” Fluttershy said. “Trixie’s unconscious because of a spell and Rainbow Dash and Princess Celestia are doing everything they can to save her, but the pony outside – Sunset Shimmer – is on her way to stop them and-”

Gilda silenced Fluttershy by flicking her forehead, causing the pegasus to flinch and back away as she rubbed her forehead with a confused look on her face. “Look, I didn’t ask for your life story. Just give me the gist of it.”

Twilight stepped forward and offered a more abridged explanation of the situation at hoof. When Gilda got lost by the many big words she had never heard before, Rarity tried. When Gilda couldn’t stop gagging at the romantic spin the mare put on the story, Pinkie Pie tried. When the pictures the pink mare drew only served to confuse the griffon more, Applejack decided to lay it on as simply as possible.

“Trixie’s out, Dash’s helpin’ her, that pony outside’s comin’ ta stop her.”

“Right, got it,” Gilda said. “And… what d’you want me to do?”

“Isn’t Rainbow Dash your friend?” Rarity asked. “I mean, I know that the last time you met you left on bad terms, but-”

“Eh, we got over that,” Gilda said dismissively. “But I don’t know a thing about magic.”

“You don’t have to,” Twilight said. “With your speed and agility, you might just be able to distract Sunset Shimmer long enough for Rainbow Dash to finish her job!”

“But the Wonderbolts themselves were no match for Sunset,” Applejack said.

“True, but Gilda’s a griffon. There’s the possibility that Sunset Shimmer has never seen a griffon in action before, and if she’s anything like me, that’ll throw her off!”

“An’ if she’s not?” Applejack asked.

“It can’t be any worse than the situation we’re in now.”

“I think I can hold my own out there,” Gilda said as she peered out of the window and watched as Soarin managed to circle around Sunset one final time before being caught by her spell. “But I won’t be able to hit and dodge her. Her reflexes are too good… I got a plan, though.” Gilda turned to the group behind her and grinned. “Wanna try it?”


Sunset Shimmer threw the downed Soarin to the ground beside his two teammates. “Now then, your princess is next.” Sunset turned to face the hospital, only to find something large moving quickly towards her. She teleported out of the way and looked to find a griffon hovering in the air, flexing her claws as she grinned back at the poltergeist.

“Not bad, takin’ out those Wonderbolts. But now let’s see how you deal with a griffon.”

“You’re not even Equestrian. Why are you trying to get in my way.”

Gilda bolted towards Sunset Shimmer with her claw outstretched, stopping and dodging t the side as a blast of magic was hurtled her way. “You just look like you might be fun to fight with!”

Sunset fired spell after spell, keeping the griffon at a distance yet finding herself unable to land a hit on her. ‘Her movements are smoother than those Wonderbolts, but she clearly put no thought into this. I’ll have to tire her out and then take her out with one-’ Sunset felt something behind her and turned around quickly.

Nothing… There was nothing in the air behind her, nor on the ground, save for the three fallen bodies of the Wonderbolts from earlier. “Gotcha!”

Sunset quickly snapped backed to the griffon moving towards her and unleashed a shockwave of magic, pushing her back with some force but not hitting hard enough to knock her out of the sky.

Again, something seemed to hit the poltergeist’s back. She turned around only to find once more that there was nothing there. Turning back to Gilda, Sunset Shimmer fired a few more spells to keep the griffon at bay, before closing her eyes and focussing.

“… There!” Sunset turned around and saw it. Laying on the floor, where the yellow Wonderbolt from before used to be, was indeed a yellow pegasus mare wearing a Wonderbolts uniform… but this one was conscious, had a pink mane, and was aiming a slingshot up at Sunset Shimmer. “I see you there. You little pest!”

Fluttershy yelped as Sunset Shimmer charged towards her with her horn flaring. She quickly scrambled her hooves and moved to run away, but the poltergeist casted a teleportation spell to cut off her only path of escape.

A sharp pain passed over Sunset’s back and Fluttershy backed up as the startled poltergeist fell forward onto the floor, blood seeping out of the open claw wound on her back. Gilda landed behind the downed mare with a victorious grin. “Gotcha. For real, this time.”


“It worked!” Pinkie Pie cheered as she danced in her cheerleader’s outfit, watching the battle from the safety of the hospital room’s window with her friends. “Goooo team GildaShy!”

“I do wish she had picked a less barbaric solution to all of this,” Rarity said as she backed away from the window, feeling faint at the sight of blood outside. She turned her attention o Spitfire, laying unconscious on her back in the second bed in the room. “I can’t believe dear Fluttershy agreed to all of this.”

“Gotta admit, it was a smart plan,” Applejack said. “Annoyin’ Sunset ta make her drop her guard an’ then attackin’… ah’ll bet this kinda thing worked all the time on her and Dash.”

“It’s a good thing that it worked,” Twilight said. “At this rate, they might just be able to keep her distracted for long enough!”

“Hold on,” Applejack said, narrowing her eyes as she caught movement outside. “Ah think somethin’s happenin’…”


Gilda looked on in shock as her opponent slowly rose to her hooves. The wound on her back had stopped bleeding, and a green glow began to patch it up in an instant. Her breathing was steady, though when she turned around her face showed complete and utter rage.

“W-What gives? That should’ve taken you out!”

Sunset did not answer Gilda’s question. She merely used her magic to grab the griffon before she had the chance to fly away and slammed her into the ground. “You… You have the nerve to lay your filthy griffon claws on me?! I’ll show you no mercy!”

Gilda opened her eyes, only to find herself once again in the air, before being slammed back down into the ground. The process repeated itself two more times, before a voice cried out, “STOOOOP!”

Sunset Shimmer turned around to find the yellow pegasus from before standing face-to-face with her. The other mare was trembling, her eyes were wide with fright, and she was breathing unsteadily. But there was a strong gaze in hers eyes.

“S-Stop that, right now! Or else I’ll… I’ll…”

Sunset’s magic spread to Fluttershy, picking the timid pegasus up into the air along with Gilda, and she slammed them both into the ground at the same time and with much force, drawing cries of pain from both of them.

“That’s enough!” Despite being annoyed at the constant interruptions, Sunset Shimmer dignified this new voice by turning to its source. It was the purple alicorn from earlier, glaring at the poltergeist with powerful magic sparking along her horn. “I won’t stand by and watch you torment my friends anymore! Let them go, now!”

“… Celestia’s newest pet? Heh. You must not be all that strong if she was able to control you that well.” Sunset Shimmer released her magic, dropping both Gilda and Fluttershy down onto the ground. Twilight twitched as the poltergeist took a step towards her. “I’m curious. I want to see just what my former mentor replaced me with…”

Twilight gritted her teeth together as she looked over to her two friends lying on the ground. ‘I have to keep her busy until Princess Celestia and Rainbow Dash are finished! More than that, I can’t let Gilda and Fluttershy’s efforts go to waste…’ “Alright then, Sunset Shimmer, but at least let me move my friends inside!”

To Twilight’s relief, Sunset Shimmer merely shrugged and honoured Twilight’s request by standing perfectly still as the young alicorn carried Gilda and Fluttershy inside with her magic. “Alright,” Twilight said. “If it’s a magic duel you want, then it’s a magic duel you’ll get!”


“Remember the time we visited my dad and he gave us his blessing! Remember the first night we slept together and you told me all about how you felt that past year! Remember when you had that nightmare and I helped you forget about it!”

As Rainbow Dash stomped through the large hallway of the castle, Trixies left and right were stepping aside for her upon being reminded of the fun times they had shared together in the past. Rainbow Dash stopped as she reached a large door, stretching up higher than her eyes could see. A chain kept the door locked.

“Trixie! I know you’re in there! Let me in, now!” No response came from the other side. Rainbow Dash groaned. She was getting impatient now. “Look, I’m not mad! I just wanna talk! You can trust me, right?”

A moment passed… and the chain loosened and fell to the floor. The doors creaked open, revealing and intense, bright light on the other side. Rainbow Dash stepped in, not knowing what to expect, but still knowing that no matter what, she would save Trixie.