• Published 29th May 2013
  • 1,296 Views, 40 Comments

Shadow Dash - lordcurly972



After a unknown mishap at The Rainbow Factory, Rainbow Dash is left with a lot of questions and perhaps a monster dwelling inside her.

  • ...
4
 40
 1,296

Wanted


"Mayor Mare, please listen to reason," Twilight pleaded. Mayor Mare and the other ponies on the board of trustees had gathered at her house and instructed her on their plans to deal with Rainbow Dash.

"I'm sorry Twilight, but this has gotten way out of hoof, all of our homes and businesses have been completely demolished, it will take weeks to rebuild," Mayor Mare responded, "action has to be taken, Celestia needs to be notified."

"But you don't understand, when Celestia finds out what Rainbow Dash has done to Ponyville she will have her arrested and I will never be able to cure her of what is possessing her," Twilight explained, "just give us a couple of hours and I'm sure we will have this whole thing resolved."

"I'm sorry, but you have until the princess arrives, now good day," Mayor Mare said as she and the other delegates left Twilights home.

Twilight returned to the other elements of harmony, who had been sitting quietly in her study while she talked with the board of trustees.

"Well, what did they say?" Applejack asked.

"Mayor Mare instructed me that we have until Celestia arrives later today to cure Rainbow," Twilight answered hanging her head.

"But the journey from Canterlot to here will only take her about an hour at most," Rarity responded jumping up from her seat.

"Then we will just have to try our hardest with what little time we have," Twilight stated, "gather up your elements girls, looks like we are going to have to confront Rainbow once again, judging by the way she reacted the last time and the warning she gave us, we're going to have to force her to come with us."

"But I don't know if I could fight with Rainbow," Fluttershy stated timidly, "she's a lot stronger than me not to mention faster. There is no way I could beat her."

"I know it's going to be difficult Fluttershy," Twilight responded placing her crown in a saddlebag, "but it's for her own good."

Fluttershy nodded and tried to appear brave, everypony put on such a facade. But, each knew this was going to be difficult, after all this was one of their dearest friends, and if they didn't act fast enough there would be no hope in reforming her.






"Twilight, I've been meaning to ask you," Pinkie Pie began, "why did we bring the elements, without Rainbow Dash they're as useful as using a fork to eat melted ice cream or a knife to eat birthday cake."

"Dumb hope I suppose," Twilight answered somberly, she was beginning to doubt that they will ever see Rainbow as her old self again.

After moments of silent walking and moping they finally reached an area of Ponyville where the destruction appeared its heaviest.

"Wow!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, "looks like a tornado tore through here and then an earthquake hit directly afterwards!"

"You said it," Applejack responded looking around at what used to be the market district of Ponyville, "Rainbow sure did a number on this area."

They continued walking aimlessly through the wreckage until finally they heard a loud bang and saw a large cloud of smoke rise up from the ground in the distance. They all knew what caused it and quickly took off towards it to investigate.






It had been about two hours since my confrontation with the rest of the gang and I was just about done with Ponyville. I had destroyed everything and then destroyed it again! I was just biding my time with frivolous games until I got bored with those as well. I flew down and grabbed up one of the many demolished food stands. "I wonder how far I could throw this?" I thought out loud.

I was just about to throw the stand when I heard a voice call out below me.

"I'd bet at least a quarter of a mile," Pinkie Pie answered.

Everypony glared at her, "What? She asked."

"So, you guys finally decide to join in on the fun?" I asked throwing the stand; it came down with a loud crash about a quarter of a mile away.

"Actually, we've come to try and talk some sense into ya," Applejack said admiring Rainbows throw and Pinkie Pies accuracy, "Mayor Mare just sent a letter to Celestia and if you don't cool you jets she's going to lock you up."

"So, Mayor Mares idea of stopping me is tattling to Princess Celestia," I said flying down to talk to the girls better, "probably not her best idea, but still better than her last plan to get me out of Ponyville."

"Listen Rainbow," Applejack began, "we all love you too much to let you become this, so why don't you jus' give up the ghost and let us help change you back to your good ol' self."

Applejack reached out for my hoof again, "So, you guys are still at that huh?"

"Look, if Celestia sends you to jail, the hopes of me finding a cure for you go out the window," Twilight retorted.

"You guys just don't get it do you!" I shouted, "I don't want to be cured, this is the new me, and if Celestia wants to tussle, then so be it, why can't you guys just accept that!?"

"Because, you're turning into a villain!" Fluttershy shouted back, "the Rainbow Dash I knew wouldn't want to pick fights with the Princess, plus you've demolished all of our homes, tore down our businesses and scared off all of my animal friends. But, worst of all, I don't know who you are any more. It terrifies me to lose you as a friend and have to gain another enemy in your place! I just want my old friend Rainbow back."

I was taken aback by this, all of this rage and passion coming out of Fluttershy? Admittedly, my heart sank a little. I knew the look on my face had gone from menacing to somber and I'm sure everypony else noticed it too, especially Twilight. I quickly shook it off.

"Sorry, no dice, the old Rainbow Dash is dead," I said turning my back to them, "I like being a villain, it's more fun this way."

We stood there in silence morning our broken friendship for I don't know how long; I was just about to fly off when somepony took me by surprise. I felt them jump on my back, knocking me to the ground and then pinning my hooves down in front of me.

"You may be willing to accept this as the new you, but I can tell you right now missy, the rest of ain't gonna just roll over and take this in stride," Applejack said, "Twilight get me my rope."

"You think a bit of rope is going to keep me restrained!" I shouted, "I've punched through trees thicker than that!"

"Oh, hush now and let us turn you back to your nice, old self again," Applejack responded," Pinkie, you and Rarity hold her down while I hog tie 'er."

Pinkie Pie and Rarity held my front hooves down as Applejack reached for her rope; I saw my chance of escape. Just as Applejack grabbed her rope I lurched my back upwards causing her to lose her balance and fall onto her back. I then yanked my front hooves closer together causing Rarity and Pinkie to bash heads.

"You guys are pathetic, were you even trying?"

I was just about to take off again when I heard a high pitched primal scream from behind me. I turned around just in time to see Fluttershy pounce on my back.

"I will not let you become this!" she screamed as me went hurtling into a pile of debris.

Although a little dazed, I regained by bearings enough to throw her off me. I began to step out of the debris when I felt somepony grab hold of my hind leg.

"No you don't!" Pinkie Pie screamed latching tighter to my leg.

I tried to kick her off but was soon tackled by Fluttershy again.

"That's it! You guys got 'er," Applejack said galloping over to us with her rope.

"You guys are really starting to make me mad," I said struggling to get Fluttershy off of me again.

I kicked furiously finally making contact with Pinkie's head. She let out a yelp of pain and her grasp fell from my leg as she rubbed the impact point on her head. I bucked Fluttershy off my back once and got back onto my feet.

"Is that all you got?!" I huffed.

"Rainbow, please, we're just trying to help you," Twilight said.

I had had just about enough of this, and I knew just how to end it. I walked over to Twilight, "You want to help me?"

She nodded in agreement. I shrugged and threw my foreleg around her neck and took off into the air lifting her up with me.

I flew higher and higher into the sky; I could feel Twilights grip tightening around my foreleg to make sure she wouldn't fall.

I stopped about mid-sky and noticed a crowd had gathered to witness the struggle between once good friends.

"Let this be a lesson to all of you," I shouted to the crowd.

"Rainbow please, I know you're in there, don't do this," Twilight pleaded beginning to cry.

"If anypony tries to stop me again, your fates will all be the same," I continued, "met only with death."

As I began to loosen my grip on Twilights throat I heard somepony shout out to me from the crowd below, "Rainbow Dash stop!"

"What now?" I exclaimed tightening my grip once more. I heard Twilight let out a sigh of relief.

I scanned the crowd for who had called out until my eyes met with a pony stepping forward. A smile spread across my face. What could she possibly do to stop me?

Author's Note:

Sorry about this chapters delay. I've just been a bit busy with work.