• Published 29th May 2013
  • 571 Views, 61 Comments

Upon Salvation - Nespher Mcel



A group of marines gets kicked off their world, will they cope with the new scenery or will they just get up and leave, given the chance?

  • ...
15
 61
 571

Chapter One: The Predicament

The day started like any other, at least for me, who would have known it would be my last one for a long while

----------

I woke up to a consistent ringing coming somewhere behind the back of my head, a normal thing that I've been used to for about three years. I looked over to see my phone, an old flip-phone that my mom bought me before I left, bouncing all over the place on my old nightstand. It was emitting a rather unpleasant noise from one of its many speakers. Sighing deeply, I reached over to the vibrating device and turned off the alarm; glancing at the top of its only screen i realized what time it was, "Oh SHIT! Its oh-six-thirty! I'm late!" I yelled jumping out of my bunk, waking the other guy who was asleep above me, and running over to the showers, towel in hand.

----------

My name is Jacob Alexander Leavitt, I am 26 years old and the year is 2023 and the world has very much changed. It is now December. What used to be a war between the military and terrorists became union versus union, a group called the Insurrectionists banded all of the U.S.s enemies together under their banner. And fought against us, the Fist of Imperium (what used to be of the United States military.)

I was enlisted into the Marine Corps at the age of 20 and have been on the field for about three years (they have become desperate for troops). I am now a Lance Cpl in the 107th Battalion, squad omega-alpha. To be honest I'm just rather ordinary soldier who does what he is told (most of the time). But now I'm late, I was assigned patrol duty with the rest of my squad. But what happens today will turn my life on to a different road.

----------

I zipped up my vest and fastened my helmet to inspection quality, I was supposed to meet up with the rest of the team and Sarge today for a patrol around the base, and I was late. We were stationed in Baghdad, Iraq and our base was just outside of the prosperous city. I caught sight of the Sargent in question by our team's Humvee 'Octavia', he obviously was pissed for my being late, "I'm here Sarge! I'm Here!" I hollered just loud enough for him, and anyone else who were outside, to notice.

"Your gonna give me eighty when we get back to base corporal!" Sarge yelled in his gruff voice

"That's fine with me." An annoying voice sounded from behind the Sarge. Private first class Andrew walked out (nickname: Da'Goof) of the now gleaming Octavia as the sun slowly rose from the East.

"Shut-up Da'Goof!" I yelled at Andrew who had a smile on his face (a pretty good poker face, just sayin'), and I looked over at the sarge, "Whatever you say Craw-Fish..." I mused as I came sliding to a halt.

"Your lucky no one has court marshaled you Leavitt, If I was anyone else you would have been kicked out a long time ago." Sarge (Crawfish) said in his gruff voice. Sarge or Crawfish as we normally called him, was an old friend of mine (Jeremy Crawford) from back in high school. But he was more stern and more professional now than back then.

Just then another person gets out of the Humvee and stares at the three men argue, "Any of you guys want to get back on track, and out of here?" a very feminine voice came from behind the three men.

"Sorry Grace." all of the men said in unison as the medic and driver walked over to them. Grace or Grace Armstrin was always the one to get everyone back in order, which is why she had her rank of Petty officer.She was like the big sister that I never had, always having my back in almost everything.

"Well then, lets get this girl going!" Grace enthusiastically yelled as the squad hurried into their vehicle after a simultaneous "Hoorah!" I got on the gun as Grace got in the drivers seat, Andrew to the left of where I was, and Sarge in Shotgun. I looked to my right and in the seat was my precious 'Athena' (my personalized M214 LMG, it had the word 'Athena' carved into the side of the large weapon).

[---] Break in the line [---] (time skip)

I looked out the window as we neared a large dune, and attempted to cross it. I imagined that i was back home sitting in my room with my folks doing what I usually did, read. I remembered a story I once read a long time ago about a squad of soldiers who where transported to some world (Sound familiar Sandstorm?). I hadn't thought a lot about it much more when I heard Andrew yell, "RPG, RPG, to the right, to the right!!!" I looked over in the general direction he was talking about and started spraying in my line of fire. Hearing a "boom" afterwards I smiled and continued firing when I saw a group of at least 50 or more enemies in an ambush pattern in all directions.

The Humvee finally reached the peak of the dune and started making its way down. "Step on the gas, Grace!" I yelled over the hum of the fifty, a round whizzed by me as i heard a scream of pain. Looking down I saw Grace holding her chest and her other hand on the wheel. "Grace been hit, Grace been hit!" I yelled as I dove down and applied pressure to her new wound as Andrew jumped up to the fifty.

"RPG to the left!" Sarge Yelled, "To the right as well!"

"To the front!" Andrew yelled firing the fifty, I guess if he was going down he was going to take some of these Muther-fuckers with him. sarge just sat there making a cross over his chest, and I just bowed my head as I saw Grace trying not to cry

"Dear Lord..." I said to myself before an image flashed before my eyes.

----------

I looked to my right and saw a man almost as tall as me in an ACU uniform (my father). I looked to my left to see a woman a lot shorter than me in an orange pumpkin looking dress (my mother). A look around me showed a younger kid about 3 years younger than me in a navy blue uniform and a lot o' ribbons and all of my sisters (significantly taller than before) with all of their best dresses on. this was the last time I saw them. My family. I have not seen them for nearly three years now.

For thee years...

----------

As I had my last thoughts before giving in to the impending death, a bright light enveloped the Humvee and all our passengers. As I felt myself slowly slipping into unconsciousness I thought to myself "goodbye world." And I knocked out.

[---] Chapter One: End [---]

Author's Note:

This is only the first chapter of a long series I'm gonna write. I hope you enjoy. Oh and two more things:1- Thank you again Mr. Inkwell for you are a great inspiration to me and I hope that it continues like so. 2- And sorry everypony for the amount of cursing that I'm writing and what I'm going to write.